Old 09-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Default Walk Away the Pounds

Hi Everyone!

I've just gotten into doing the "workout at home" thing and I really love Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. So far I've only done the one-mile workout, but I'm going to try the two mile tomorrow. Is anyone else using these DVDs? I'd love to know your experience with them and maybe find a buddy too!

Have a great weekend!!
ZetaMD2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Let me preface this by saying you have to do what's right for you!!

However, I didn't like them too much. I really felt like it didn't give me a very good workout. If I am going to exercise, I want the best bang for the buck! You know what I mean? No weight training, not very intense cardio. It just wasn't what I was looking for.

But good luck! And stick to something.... it's the best thing you can do for yourself!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/130

Height: 5"3"

Thumbs up Walk Away the Pounds

I have used these videos/DVD's for years, and I love them. I have both her weighted balls and the walk waist weights. They are great!
crc770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

I borrowed the 3-mile from the library and I love it! I wear my 3 mo old in a baby wrap and do the 3 miles. I can't lift my hands very far over my head because of the baby carrier, but I try to do the modified version. I don't use the weights because I'm plenty heavy and I don't want to put too much strain on my joints. I tried doing some harder cardio dvds and it was just too much. I love the walking!!! Good luck with the 2 mile!
kamesennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #5  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I recently picked up the 4 Mile Fast Walk at Walmart, and I'm happy with it so far - it's a 50 minute workout, not too hard on my joints, and it makes me sweat! I've been switching off between that DVD, the Weight Watchers beginner DVD, and just walking.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #6  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I like them quite a bit. I mean, they're not the same kind of intensity that you'd expect from a gym workout, but they're awesome for at-home use, and no special equipment is required.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #7  

I tried the 2-mile fat burning workout today. It was great. I worked a lot harder with this one since it involves the hand weights. I think I'm going to stick to this series and work my way up to doing 4 miles in a day over time.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #8  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

i'm going to be getting back in to these soon... i can't do the hardcore ones yet because my knee isn't healed all the way, but i want to start doing SOMETHING... not working out has been a killer to my psyche
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

I like the WATP video that I have. I've used it a few times now on weekends. And, quite honestly, it makes me sweat very nicely. I've only done 2 miles... how sad that I get exhausted past that! But, I plan to continue using the DVD whenever I need to get an at-home workout in. I actually like her cheerfullness (this coming from someone who also likes Richard Simmons ) and it makes me feel good about working out.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #10  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I like the ones that incorporate jogging. Still not the same as running outisde but it's a bit more intense than the ones with just walking.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #11  

I tried the 3 mile walk with the waistband today -- LOVED IT. The pace on the 2nd mile seemed faster than on the other DVDs. And I totally agree with Faerie about liking her cheerfulness. It helps motivate me. Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #12  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

wow--- after reading your posts i want to go get some from the library and try them again with the baby in a sling--- haha--- ya he's 8 months --- if he lets me that is--- and i tried them when i was pregnant --i liked them but i was tired quickly with them--- so it was a workout for me---course i was huge when i tried them too ---
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:56 AM   #13  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I have one of the Weight Loss version of 4 mile ones. When I do it, I always do 4 full miles because if I don't, I feel like I'm not getting enough. It does make me sweat but since I'm a gemini, I got bored so fast... Now I run about 30 minutes instead of using the DVD and I watch TV while running so that the time goes by fast. However, I did feel like it was a good workout because I start sweating before realizing it... I think Power Walking is the key point.

Good luck!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote