Old 09-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6.5

Talking Weight loss buddies!

Hey all - New to this message board deal...

I want a weight loss buddy! I am looking for someone(s) to keep each other on track with similar weight loss goals. Would like to share meal plan ideas and daily work out plans! I am 27, 5'6 and 165 pounds. I want to loose 25 pounds by Jan 15th. I want someone (or a group) that will kick each other's butt and keep each other motivated! Any takers???
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm 5'6" and about 165 to 170. I have an old scale so I'm not sure. Jan 15 sounds like a good goal. I've been trying to lose weight but haven't been able to get myself on a permanent schedule (ie, eat well most of the week, eat ridiculously much on the weekends....friend invites me to dinner, i go crazy...try to exercise but it ends up only being about 2x a week...i think it should be more like at least 4 times a week.)

I'm almost 22. I think it sounds like a good idea. How should we go about keeping in touch?
Scorpio1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #3  

I feel like I was just reading about myself!!! (Do pretty good most of the week - go CRAZY on the weekends, have great intentions of exercise but literally ends up being 2X per week!) Too funny!

Do you want to just keep in touch on this message board page for now?

How did you find this page? What state do you live in? Have you ever been on diets before? What kind of exercise do you do when you do do it? What are your "triggers" i.e. gets you eating badly?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #4  

Anyone else want to be buddies out there??
Old 09-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #5  

I found 3FC looking for weight loss/health message boards. I want to be in this for the long run, not to look like Heidi Klum or whoever, but to be healthy and fit. I'm from the Chicago area. I weighed about 140 when I got to college, (but I used to be around 175 or so, I lost the weight unhealthily for the most part, ie skipping meals and such). I guess I gained the freshman 25. I was about 160 a year ago, but then I met my boyfriend and we go out to eat all the time. I think my problem is I treat myself with food and don't move enough, i.e., " Oh, dinner date with the boy Friday night, I deserve to order what I want, or All my girls are getting a margarita, I should too, or Ugh I don't feel like going to class so I'll treat myself with a frappucino as an incentive."

I used to do the elliptical (sparingly), but I find that I prefer the treadmill now. I;ve been on it for a half hour, running 2 5-min segments and walking the rest. I think I'm going to start walking for 45 minutes or an hour, while setting the treadmill to incline. I'm in school and work, so I always have some excuse like "Oh, I should be spending that hour studying, instead of working out." I think if I start waking up a bit earlier, I can work out then. The reason being nothing "pops up" early in the morning, but it does in the afternoon or at night.

So, what's your story?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #6  

I found 3FC (Why do they call it that) the same way you did. I actually was watching my DVRed "The Biggest Looser" this morning and first went looking on their page for message boards - but there wasn't much on there for activity so I did a google search and found this page! Thank goodness!

I am also in this for the long run but have to reach my goal of 140 by Jan 15 because of that trip. That will keep me motivated! I also was abou 140 when I went to collage but got up to about 170 very quickly that first year. I joined the miltiary, and of course the weight came off...problem was that once out of basic training, I never wanted to do physical work again! So I got back up to about 170ish quickly. I did weight watchers a couple years ago and was down to 150 pretty fast...then had a baby. I weighed OVER 200LBS when I gave birth!!! OUCH!!! And easily got back to 165 and stuck here. I've tried going back to WW, but without my friends (whom I did it with the first time) I can't seem to keep myself motivated.

My biggest "trigger" is my husband. He eats constantly and terrible food (and never gains a pound.) It's hard too because he usually makes dinner and it's hard to pass up yummy, bad for me, food for something healthy when the bad stuff is right in front of me. I also am a closet fast food person and LOVE chinese food!

I work full time, am also in the Air Guard, on my last semester of collage and have a 17 month old so I'm queen at "I should be doing homework" when it's time to work out! I know it sounds crazy but the school is an online school and I'm able to do alot of it at work. And the guards thing is only once a month. So I really should not use the "I'm busy" card when it comes to working out. In December I'll totally be done with school and in April, I'm getting out of the miltiary (I can't wait!)

So yeah...I think that about sums it up! Tomorrow is our DAY ONE! Do you work out at a gym or at your home? Do they have an accurate scale there or do you have access to one? This morning I was 164.9.

I have a treadmill that I never use (and should) and a weight bench. I also own the Barry's Bootcamp DVD deal (which I LOVE.) I also have access to the gym nearby where I work (and never go there...)

My Goals (What are yours?)

My Weekly weightloss goal: 162 by next Sunday
Exercise Tomorrow: Walk during both breaks at work. (About 20 min each). Do the Barry's Bootcamp DVD (lower body) tomorrow night.
Food: Write down everything I put into my mouth tomorrow so I have to really pay attention to what I'm eating!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #7  

Unfortunately, no scale here at school. I'll be home in two weeks.
I am going to bed by midnight tonight, and waking up early to walk 45 minutes on a 1.5 incline.

3FC stands for 3 fat chicks, the name of the website.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #8  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

hey ladies

i'd love to join in on this... i'm looking to lose 17 by christmas which is only a couple of months away, but i think i can do it... it's just going to be harder this time since i can't run yet (knee surgery ~1 month ago and then today i slipped going down the stairs and landed on the bad leg which made a pop noise and hurt like heck)
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #9  

Welcome Sally! Great job on your weight loss so far!

So what are you goals for today? Eating and working out wise?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #10  
Sally

thanks

and my goals for today are:

stay on track food wise (until i get my WW At home package in the mail which i ordered today, that means 1600 cals)

exercise = non-exisitent today... i moved this weekend WHILE being sick, then messed up my still healing knee as i tripped down the stairs this morning, and i have to go back to the old apt after work today to clean with my old roommates.... which leaves no time for exercise before bed... other than some "extra carricular" exercise that i'll have directly after work before hitting up the old place to clean
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #11  

I really like WW...BUT, it is very hard to do just at home....so if you have any questions or whatever, let me know! I track my eating by the points system of WW - at least I'm starting today. I get 22 points per day but am going to try to stick to 20 for the error margin that I'm sure I have with some of the stuff I eat!

I plan to report on this board exactly what I eat each day and how many points it was so I stay accountable to you guys!

Watch them cals while conducting hte "extra carricular" activities!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #12  
Sally

lol... ya there's no cals consumed during that only calories burned

and thanks i have a coworker here who's doing it and will help too

<- will report foodage too (with calories again until i get my kit)
Old 09-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #13  

OH!!! haha! And here I was thinking having a few drinks! I guess that does count as at least SOME exercise for today! haha!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #14  
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJo View Post
OH!!! haha! And here I was thinking having a few drinks! I guess that does count as at least SOME exercise for today! haha!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #15  

Today was a good day for me! Did the 25 min workout on the treadmil...it was raining all day so I could walk on breaks. But I did running and walking so that was good. I also did the Barry Boot Camp upper body DVD and ate well!
English Muffin with PB - about 6 points
banana - 2 points
Spec K bar - 2 points
Left overs - 7 points ???
More left overs - 7 points ???
2 bottles water - Will get another two in before bed
one diet coke

About 24 points - I'm really not sure how bad my "left overs" are. It's green beans, corn, carrots, hamburger, onions, and cream of mushroom. Can't be THAT bad?!

Tomorrow's goals: Walk for at least one break and do lower body DVD.

How did you guys do?