Old 09-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

Default spaghetti squash - after it's cooked...

Okay, so I've seen on here how everyone seems to say this is the next best thing for someone lusting after pasta. So I've looked up how to cook it and i'm planning on trying it. But I was wondering, once you have it cooked... how well does it keep in the fridge? Is it something I can make in advance and keep for meals on the fly? How much do you get out of one squash? Thanks!
mistypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

a small squash gives you plenty and it will keep in the fridge for a few days just like any other veggie. but it's not really like pasta.. it's crunchy!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #3  

One small squash gives me enough to fill two dinner plates with a goodly amount as if I were loading up on pasta. I've keep it for four days, though I have a feeling it would have lasted a couple of more days.

And Nessa is right, it doesn't really taste or have the texture of pasta at all. But that said, I really do like how it tastes with spaghetti sauce. Since the sauce is what I'm really into anyways, it works out well.

Easiest way to cook, puncture several times, place on a plate whole, then nuke for around 10 to twelve minutes. It's so much easier to cut in half to remove the seeds that way.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I've never seen it as a pasta substitute. If you cook it enough to be soft like a spaghetti noodle, it becomes mushy and bland. It does string nicely when cooked, but it's a little crispy.

It's awesome with marinara sauce though.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i like it with smart balance, onion spice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #6  
it's always something

I've had it crunchy, but prefer to cook it longer till it's tender. I love the flavor, it's almost buttery
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Yummo~

I punch a couple of holes in the spaghetti squash with a meat fork, stick it in the oven on 350 degrees on a cookie sheet for about 45 to 60 minutes. Take it out, split it open, clean it out and it has roasted and kept its flavor very nicely.

I sometimes mix it with 6 oz of spaghetti squash, 1/3 c. parm cheese, 1 tbsp. butter, and 2 egg white, salt and pepper and put it in a 10" pie pan like a pie crust and spread that with a c. of creamy cottage cheese (I prefer ricotta) Brown a little turkey sausage, peppers and onions mix with 1 c. of spaghetti sauce and a 6 oz. can tomato paste and heat thoroughly. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes; then sprinkle with 1/2 c. of shredded mozzarella cheese; bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serves 6.

I think that the butter, garlic, and oh shoot, they are little green salty things, can't think what they are called. I also use it in place of lasagna noodles; just layer it like the noodles.

It keeps in the frig nicely, and makes a lot.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #8  

I couldn't find any at my local supermarket when I went shopping today! Are they called something else in the stores? Or not carried by normal stores?

I will find one to try yet!

Kinda fun, this diet is making me learn how to cook and try all manner of new things.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nanj. the little green salty things are capers, I think. I love them!

Misti, they are not always available but if I can get them in our little backwoods store, you should be able to get them in the great USA. Here's a picture.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Right now ours are coming from Canada. They must like it cooler. We might have some local in a couple of weeks so maybe they will show up where you are?
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:23 AM   #11  

South Florida. Not too much variation in weather down here. I'm gonna check a few other stores next week though. Gonna be too busy the next couple of days.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:25 AM   #12  

To eat a delicious dish, it is not necessary to buy or order in a restaurant. You are able to cook it yourself.

club.cooking/recipe/how-to-cook-a-turkey/
Take this wonderful recipe for yourself.

Steps
Step 1
Thaw a turkey in the fridge.

Step 2
Cut the grapes into halves, break the bread into crumbs and fry the mixture in olive oil till lightly golden.
catismylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #13  

I can put on the fridge and keep there for 4 days... I think it's ok))
My Pasta is tasty all this days...
booo57 is offline   Reply With Quote