Old 09-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #1  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Default I keep mentally planning a binge

I'm not depriving myself of foods that I like, but I am avoiding my trigger foods such as pizza, chinese and mexican. I keep mentally planning binges! Its driving me insane. All morning I've been thinking about nachos and how if I skip lunch, get nachos after work and take them home I can eat them for dinner. All the cheesy, beany, chippy goodness. The thing is, I cannot even consider bringing an order of nachos into my house, I'd literally inhale the entire thing. Then I'd feel like crud. I know, I've been there before and I've written about it in my food diary and I know how I'll fell afterwards. It just keeps pecking at me though. Running through my head. Its driving me insane. Someone talk me down off the nachos!!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

STEP AWAY FROM THE NACHOS!

Think about how far you've come! I'm not saying you should never have nachos but if ou aren't comfortable around them right now, just stay away! Done!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

I have cravings like that all the time. I try to maintain consistency but sometimes I think about binge eating, as if I could convince myself that eating an entire portion of nachos is OK. Don't do it. I didn't want to give it up either (nachos are a HUGE weakness of mine- and just talking about it here is making me crave it so bad!) but I can't eat a few. it doesnt work for me. So i have to avoid it altogether. I try to let myself have one hugely bad day per month where i don't even count calories. so one month i'll go over the top with mexican, or italian... but eventually I would like to cut that out. The longer you go without something, the easier it gets, the less you think about it/desire it. For the things that still stand out, then make a point to have it at least once a month in some shape or form.
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

It's so hard, don't know what to say except that my trigger food are like a downward sloap for me. Once i eat one thing, then it's another, and another, etc., etc....

If you eat a trigger food like those nachos it's going to be super hard not to have another. With me it's because then i think, well, I already ruined the day, might as well REALLY ruin it. Then it becomes, I runied the week...

SO, basically, it's not worth it right now. Nachos have lots of trans fat from the cheese and fried chips. stay away...try your best,
Good luck
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #5  
I'm a khaleesi!!

You girls are the best. No matter how many things I tell myself today, no matter how long I try and wait it out (4 hours now), or how many times I revisit my last nacho binge in my food diary, I cannot kick the urge.

My super supportive, ever loving, boyfriend who could care less whether I weighed 300 lbs or 100 lbs is not helping me today. he said, eat the damn nachos. Just get it over with. He said if he were here he'd have already gone out and bought the nachos for me. He hasn't seen me in 2 and a half months so he can only fantasize about my progress. I'd hate to eat the nachos and then have no self control (which is what happens) and start eating everything in sight and regain the 20 lbs I just lost.

Last time it started with nachos at lunch, then it went to milkshakes, sweet and cold the balance out the savory and spicy (jalepeno) of the nachos, and then I figured since I had blown my lunch on bad food why not have pizza for dinner, which led to hot wings, and then a cereal binge late at night. This was in June. That was the last time I binged. So its been a while. It seems like it always starts with nachos. *shakes fist at sky* WHY????
Old 09-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #6  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

NACHOS = Feeling icky, demoralized, and out of control. Don't do it!!!

What if you stopped by the grocery store and got ingredients to make a healthier version of nachos? You could use 2% shredded cheddar, skip the sour cream, get an avocado to mash up, some tomatoes, a can of black beans... Do you think that would satisfy the urge?
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #7  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Agreed- you can make your own healthy nachos! Baked tortilla chips, salsa, a bit of cheese, jalapeno peppers...mmmm!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Maybe it would help to think of something non-food in your life that you crave, and focus on indulging that craving.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #9  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Pizza fit & free-252 calories per pizza & fat free! That's how I deal with the pizza cravings.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Instead of the chips you could do crunchy romaine lettuce, it always helps me with the crunchy cravings....
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #11  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I'd love to be able to make a healthy version, but even with that its too close to the danger zone. I could overeat even on healthy food. I'm going to do the one thing that will keep me from being able to buy nachos or anything for that matter and lock my bank card up at work before I leave to go home. That way it'll be inaccessable all night long in our narcotics lockup at the clinic. My bank card is my only form of money, I don't keep cash around. If I do that, I cannot possible give in to the nachos.
So hopefully this urge to binge is gone tomorrow or I'll be back on this thread obsessing again. I've been trying to focus on different things, work, ebay auctions (I need new pants!), my boyfriends upcoming birthday (what do you buy a guy who says he doens't want anything to remember turning 35 by?).
Old 09-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
my boyfriends upcoming birthday (what do you buy a guy who says he doens't want anything to remember turning 35 by?).
I don't know if everyone else's bf/hubby is like this but I've found that with my man, a new pair of Jordan's is like a crispy creme with no calories. Of course it doesn't have to be Jordan's but whatever kind of shoe they like. Guys tend to wear shoes until the rubber falls off the bottom, (same with their draws, socks, undershirts lol) and if you buy something useful it makes it an even better gift. There's a really good website for cheap shoes-men and womens if you need new workout shoes-if your on a budget (or like a bargain) PM me cause I don't know the rules on links and all that jazz.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:10 AM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

so long as you dont bring the nachos home your ok....
try not to think too much about the binge....
think about the ill effect they will have on your weight....
and how much harder you are going to have to work out to burn those extra ccalories off before they turn into fat!....
well i duno, it mite help!....

if i avoid my triggers i am fine....
if i dont then im ****ted basically....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
I'd love to be able to make a healthy version, but even with that its too close to the danger zone. I could overeat even on healthy food. I'm going to do the one thing that will keep me from being able to buy nachos or anything for that matter and lock my bank card up at work before I leave to go home. That way it'll be inaccessable all night long in our narcotics lockup at the clinic. My bank card is my only form of money, I don't keep cash around. If I do that, I cannot possible give in to the nachos.
So hopefully this urge to binge is gone tomorrow or I'll be back on this thread obsessing again. I've been trying to focus on different things, work, ebay auctions (I need new pants!), my boyfriends upcoming birthday (what do you buy a guy who says he doens't want anything to remember turning 35 by?).
Get him some footie pajamas! They are awesome and you can get cute prints too. Google Jumpin Jammerz and you will find them. I am going to get a pair for dh and I for Christmas.
kamesennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'5

Iknow exactly what you mean, I just got done talking myself out of ordering a pizza.
Amilynn is offline   Reply With Quote