Old 09-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/188/150

Height: 6'1

Default invited to a birthday italian style pot luck What the F do i do?

So ive been doing good so far on SBD and one week to go with phase 1! can wait to eat bred and some carbs. and then i get invited to this Italian style pot luck.....PASTA GARLIC BREAD! Ahhh. So what do i do avoid it completely or what?
porkchopinmyboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I guess if you know you cannot control yourself you should avoid it completely. But deprivation is the one thing that will make a diet, or lifestyle change, fail quickly. If you feel like you CAN have some control over the food then go, enjoy a salad and some protiens and take it easy on the carbs. It all has to do with your level of control and how comfortable you are with food.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #3  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

If you can control yourself go and bring something phase one friendly. that way you KNOW you will have something to eat. - you may also need to have a snack before you go so you aren't starving when you get there.

How about eggplant parmigiana?
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm not that knowledgable about SB but what about making an antipasta salad with cheese, meats and low fat dressing?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #5  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I say go. Isn't the whole point of this journey to not only get healthy but guage your self control?

Sometimes in life, especially with things we want really badly, there will be challenges and obstacles we'll face throughout the journey towards those goals. Those challenges and obstacles are 'tests' just to see how bad we really want that goal.

So yes, I say go, test yourself. You know you want this really badly so stop being afraid and conquer YOURSELF. Try to pick out the healthiest foods and have normal or smaller than normal 'sample size' portions of those to leave room to have a 'little' bite of a few other items you may want to try within limits. Drink plenty of water so you won't overindulge and have a good time. Also, socialize, catch up with a few people; it's pretty hard to eat while you're in an engaging conversation.

Just because you're dieting does not mean you should avoid food based events like this. I can certainly tell you that not until my journey did I realize how much my friends and I had based our chill time around food. I was right there with them planning these food based events so it wasn't until I removed myself from that mindset that I truly saw it. And these types of events did not stop because "I" changed my eating habits. Seemingly to me they got WORSE yet I didn't stop attending. If there were foods that weren't so good for me, I'd just eat smaller portions and add more exercise time to compensate. Don't put your life on hold!

Trust me, once you come out of this party knowing you didn't overdo it AND you still had a great time, that'll be the biggest confidence booster and a huge confirmation for YOU that you really truly want this and are committed to achieve your weightloss goals!

Now go have FUN!

Last edited by OptimistK; 09-26-2008 at 09:52 AM.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Just seen read a forum about Spaghetti Squash..perhaps you could make a recipe of this?
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #7  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

You can make an easy chicken catatori and serve it without the pasta and still follow your SBD regulations.

From what I understand the first phase is really important to finish through and through. Blowing it off is silly - if you are going to stick to a plan it is so important to face the roaring beast (delish Italian chow) face to face.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #8  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Or, some chicken parmesan! Take some chicken breast cutlets or pound out boneless skinless chicken breast. Dip in some milk and coat in parmesan cheese. Bake in a dish with sugar free tomato sauce and top with skim mozarella. Delicious! Load up on that and salad. I'm also on the SBD so I feel where you're coming from.

RemeberHowToSmile, I so love your outfit in your avatar. It's dominatrixy! Where did you find it? It's really cute.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote