Old 09-24-2008, 05:44 AM   #1  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Default 30 somethings chat Wed 24th Sept

Good Morning everyone Ok yes I know it's early in the States but it's 10.30am here in the UK.

I've done my run this morning, already drank 4 glasses of water and everything is going really well

Busy day at work, we've got the lots of visitors on site due to a complaint that someone has made so lots of meetings going on

6 Day's til my trip to Spain - Sun Sea sand I can't wait feel slike forever since we had a vacation

Have a great day everyone
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...today is my day off..got a dentist apt this am and then working at the aquarium in the afternoon. I was wondering if anyone else is having gas issues like we are here in Atlanta. OMG! over 50% of gas stations have no gas, when they do...its aroug $4.20 and then half the time there are long lines of cars. Its crazy over here. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Alright...got to run!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #3  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

We don't have issues with shortage in the UK but the cost is the same has been all year. Mt partner and I car share but that's about to change as he has new job and one of the factors we have had to look at before he Moves is doubling an already rediculous cost!!!
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #4  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Morning All Haven't had the Morning Joe yet, so not up and running 100% .

Busy day here. Going to the gym, the park, and mowing the lawn, doing laundry and fixing dinner too. Add in showers for me and giving them to the kidlets too. Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn, can I go back to bed now- please, just another 1/2 an hour. I know Summer has offically ended, but drabnabit-- it is cold in the mornings here~ already. Chilly. I really need to finish the kids fall/winter clothes shopping too. They have some things, but not enough to last the season. We'll go shopping tomorrow, hoping to hit up some good sales. *fingers crossed* I need to look at my cold weather clothes and see how things fit and what I need to add to the mix. Gosh, just plop me in the mall and pick me up when it closes.

oh2bthintoo---Gosh, you are reving and ready huh.

GG--- We don't have that problem here. That'd totally suck... expensive gas (it is $3.41 here at the moment), and lots of places closed and then waiting forever to hopefully get some. UGH. Hoping you find some gas and it isn't too over the top.

Well I hear that the coffee is done brewing, going to get me some now...

Last edited by PearFreak; 09-24-2008 at 08:00 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #5  
cher37

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, busy day around here too ... laundry, wash floors, morning walk w. dog, menu plan & grocery shop for parents' visit & hubby's returning home tomorrow. Will try to get as much done today so I won't stress out Thursday.

Have a great day everyone Keep smiling!

/cheryl

psst.... pearfreak: it must be getting chilly in that castle eh!! LOL!!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning chicks. Busy morning here too. We were up early so I had some chores done and my workout complete by 9:30. I'm still working on the never ending laundry. I swear that stuff multiplies. There's no way we can use so many clothes so quickly! .

It's a bit chilly here this AM too. I put on a pair of sweats when I got up. Brrrr.

We are OK with the gas supply so far. Our prices have gone back to where they were prior to Ike and I have not seen any shortages. That really sucks GG.

Have a great day everyone!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just flying through on my broom!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 199.8/195/140ish

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, I know I am.

Gas here went up for about a week and is not about $3.80 again. I do a lot of driving, so I am always aware of where to buy the cheapest gas.

I am doing something wrong with my diet, maybe too much protein? I had the worst stomach ache and gas pains last night. I am going to put less protein powder in my shake tonight. My body is probably in shock from all of the healthy foods!

Have a great day everyone!

~Susan

P.S. What does NSV stand for? There are a lot of acronyms on this site, and I can't figure out what this one means.

Last edited by WomenAreSmarter; 09-24-2008 at 04:11 PM.
WomenAreSmarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

NSV=Non-Scale Victory!

Speaking of which, despite my mood and PMSy status, I have a scale victory...249.2 this AM!

Last edited by LBH; 09-24-2008 at 04:30 PM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #10  

Thanks Lauren, I just couldn't figure out NSV.

Congrats on your SCALE victory!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...well busy day...went and got my teeth cleaned, then worked at the aquarium in the afternoon. When i got home tonight...i decided i wanted to cook some soup for lunch. So I grabbed a back pack and decided instead of driving the 3 miles to the grocery store, i grabbed the dog and walked to the store. It felt good and the dog liked it too. I'm cooking the soup now as i type.

As for the gas...we are having issues because in atlanta, we have a higher regulation on our gas. Due to the amount of pollution Atlanta has, we get a better quality gas that has lower emisions. Its regulated by the EPA. This week the EPA actually allowed an ease on the requirements right now, in order to help us with the gas crisis we are having. It really is amazing to become so accustomed to gas that we don't know what to do without it. Oh well...such is life. I still have 1/2 a tank of gas, so that should last a few more days.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!
I am not feeling well today, I have a viral infection on my throat, went to the Dr. earlier and I am just sitting around doing nothing!

H
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #13  

GG- Walking to the store instead of driving! Way to go! I really I wish I could do this more, but I live in somewhat of a rural area. My nearest grocery store is about 5 miles away. I don't feel comfortable riding my bike on very busy roads, I get very nervous. I plan on moving in the spring, and one of the things that I will look for is something that is close to shopping/downtown area so that I can get even more exercise.

happy2be: I am sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

I introduced myself in the forum, but thought I would come here too. My name is Barbara and I'm 34 years old. I have a 3 year old daughter who keeps me quite busy. I've been overweight most of my life. Since 2007 I have lost 30 pounds, but 10 of it keeps coming back. I've been having some medical problems lately. I was diagnosed with PCOS and depression. In the last few weeks I found out that my cholesterol and sugars are getting a little high. I seen a dietitian and she gave me some tips and a diet that is in lower carbs. I do love my carbs. Next Monday I'm going in for a sleep study. The doctor thinks I have sleep apena. I would love to get these taken care of and not have to worry about my health. Also, to teach my daughter to take care of herself.

I hope to get to know you all. I'm so glad I found this site and can come here for support and support others.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #15  

Welcome, Barbara. I am a new member as well and am shocked at how much information is on this forum/site. Losing weight will definitely help with your sleep apnea and any other medical problems. I am losing weight not just to look better, but also to be healthier and feel better.