Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 04:34 PM   #1  

Question Is this too much exercise?

Will it be too much if I exercise on my stationary bike for 60 minutes per day 7 days a week?? I really want to lose the weight faster. I just started yesterday eating right and exercising. Please let me know is 7 days pushing it. Thanks
Old 07-30-2002, 07:55 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

I would give yourself at least one day of rest. Otherwise I'm afraid you will get burned out.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:06 PM   #3  
Searching for Motivation

Hi Renee -

Unfortunately, if you try to work the same muscles every day they will become fatigued and you will actually cause more harm then good. Try to give them a break and work out another group (perhaps upper body or abs) at least twice/week. Don't let your excitement get the best of you. Try to take at least one day off from everything and just chill. Maybe that could be your treat day. Good luck with everything!!
Old 07-31-2002, 07:42 AM   #4  

I agree with the above info.
It might be a good idea to vary your workouts anyway, just to keep boredom from setting in.
I do Curves4Women 4x a week (this combines cardio and strength training), and I try to walk or swim 4x a week (cardio). I'm going to start doing some breathing exercises too. Sunday is usually a good rest day for me (even if I go to the pool, I try to play and not exercise).
I do believe that God designed our bodies to take a rest one day a week.

As for a treat, I've got a yummy recipe called Snickers Pie that I'll post later in the Recipe forum, now this is a treat! Lowfat, lowsugar, but really yummy -- it's an ice cream type of pie.

And, for loosing weight fast, I totally understand your desire to do it quick, but I have learned from years of experience, faster is not always better. Focus on loosing 1-2#'s a week, focus on eating right -- HEALTHY -- and focus on exercising as often as you can. Don't rush it. You know that you didn't gain all the weight in a month, don't expect to loose it in a month. Also, if you are a faith-believing person - then pray about your needs and desires to God.

GL to you!
Closed Thread