Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 08:22 AM   #1  

Default Newbie Here

Hi Everyone! Wasn't sure how to start posting so hope this area is ok. Guess I should tell you a little about myself so here goes.

I'm 43, married with one son. (Son from first marriage, am no married to second hubby who I love very much.) I've always had weight problem since my teens. Last year I lost 70lbs and then we found out I was pregnant. Started to have problems and they made me stop exercising in hopes to prevent losing it, but at 10 weeks I lost the baby. This put me in a depressed state, which for me foods is a comfort. It's been a year now, and I have put on nearly all I lost, so am looking for help and support in losing it. (Woke up this weekend and realized I look and feel horrible). We have a treadmill and exercise tapes, but I just haven't been able to get motivated. Every day I wake up and think today is the day, but it never happens.

Hopefully finding this group will help get me out of this blue funk, and get me up and moving again.

Thanks for letting me rattle on.

Lisa
Old 07-30-2002, 09:14 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Welcome Lisa!!! I am so sorry for your loss and the hard time you've been having on the fitness front also. There are tons of different groups on this forum that should fit any style of communication you find helpful. Lots of blue funks going on but it helps to share. I just know you'll be back on track soon and feeling the way you want to feel. See you around.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:53 PM   #3  
Searching for Motivation

Hi Lisa

I am sorry for your loss, as well. Please just know that every day you will heal a little more than the day before. Also, every time you talk about it, you get a little stronger as well. you can get through this - I am pulling for you!

Now, as far as motivation goes, I can completely empathize with you! I have only been here for a few months, but it's amazing how these ladies can make you feel about yourself! Even if you choose not to post, just coming everyday and reading different posts and kind of "lurking around" until you find your niche is all it will take. When you find the thread for you, just start posting and you will be amazed at how positive you will feel! I come everyday to check in on my "friends" and get motivated to stick to my program. They help keep me accountable and raise my chin when I'm feeling down. If I didn't come here, it would be hard to sustain the will.

So what I'm saying is even if you don't feel motivated to start on your program for another month, just come everyday and check out what's going on. You'll be amazed that after a while, you'll *want* to start moving and eating better. Or if nothing else, you'll want to learn more about different plans and check out some of the great links that get mentioned. Best of luck to you - I hope to see you around the boards!
Old 07-30-2002, 01:19 PM   #4  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the group. I too know how if feels to lose a baby. I am so sorry. There is a lot of love and support here. So hang in there. OK? And like Sassy said...everyday you do heal. If you can not deal w/ it one day Pray....God will heal all things.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Sinnrah
Old 07-30-2002, 01:53 PM   #5  

Default What a warm welcome!

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome. So far what posts I've read are so uplifting. Makes one realize they are not the only one to fight the battle of the bulge.

Thank you as well for a sympathetic shoulder to cry on about my miscarriage. I think part of the reason I took it so hard is my age, and the fact my husband has no children, so this would have been his first child.

Well keeping my fingers crossed your group will be the solution to my motivationless attitude lately.

Glad I found you guys!

Lisa
Closed Thread