Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 08:46 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Tuesday Tuesday

Starting the thread.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:52 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning ladies...

Well, I'd say I did some major damage the last week. Since I won't be able to WI today (I have a staff meeting to talk about the layoffs at the same time as my at work meeting) I weighed in at the gym - and I'm up 4 pounds! I have a feeling 2 of those pounds are from it being that time of the month... but I'm pretty sure I rightfully earned the other 2. OMG! I'm not changing my signature only because it wasn't an official weigh in, and I plan on having all 4 of those off by next Tuesday. 2 of them should be gone as soon as TOM is gone. Part of me would like to make it over and WI just to officially record the damage.... but I really don't think I should be late to the layoff meeting....

So, I was concerned because Brian and I have been out three times and no real kissing.... so we're going out to dinner on Thursday. He's house sitting at his brothers house and so he emails me "I am looking forward to having dinner with you again. We can hang out at my brother's afterwards if you would like. He has a nice deck to sit and relax. That sounds like a good idea right now." So.... hanging at his brothers place should be fun

I'll email you all after our meeting and let you know whether or not I made it to WI.

Lisa
Old 07-30-2002, 09:05 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lisa you will melt it off and heres the dancing banana to motivate you!
sounds like brians pretty damn great does he have a brother for me?
Jayne: A I loveeee James Gandalfini and B I love jewish men! I have shiksapeal I have to go over the posts later to reply to more ppl oh and the baby derby story was adorable !
Thanks for the input on my friend
I dont think I want anythign with him
I think i just liked the idea of it
bbl
oh question do u guys feel when you have an overly OP (waaay too low points before dinner) day it sets you up to binge?
Old 07-30-2002, 09:06 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning, Lisa! At least I know you and I won't be posting at the same time today, since you've already posted. If I were you, I wouldn't put too much stock in what the gym scale says, since all scales are different. Just continue being a good little Weight Watcher and have a great WI next week! Hanging out with Brian sounds good, and the part about lounging on the deck definitely sounds like it has the potential for plenty of ahem, contact.

Speaking of contact, I'm hanging out with BF tonight and can't wait. Even though it's only been about a week since we saw each other last, I've been really missing him. Perhaps it's that darn TOM making me super-emotional or maybe it's just that we've been getting along so well lately, but I just really want to see my little Bear...

Well, ladies, I don't have a whole heckuva lot to yammer about right now, but will check in later and do some responding!

Have a spectacular day!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:14 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Talking Good Morning Miss Lisa!

Hope your meeting goes well...those layoff meetings are always kind of edgy, aren't they? I have no doubt that you'll get those extra two off with no problems whatsoever! And you did have fun, and most importantly, you caught things before they got out of hand. So no permanant harm done. I bet you are looking forward to "sitting on the deck and relaxing" with Brian...

Aaron and I are housecleaning today. We have company this weekend, friends from out of town. The female of the family is one of those naturally thin people who eats whatever she wants and never gains weight. It's so hard to be around her. She's one of my best friends, and she's really supportive of WW and all that, but I'm too petty and jealous not to be sad when I see her eating chips and dip and candy bars and doughnuts and never gaining an ounce. I can't even tell myself that it will catch up with her, because I know her mom and she is a size 6, and eats just like her daughter. I guess I just have to be happy that she can do this and that she doesn't have to struggle along like some of us do. Is this totally petty of me or what? I'm rather ashamed of myself...

So along the James Gandolphini line...hubby and I were watching a DVD of old Sopranos episodes last night, and I think I know what it is that makes him so very nummy...it's the whole power/money/take care of me thing. Who wouldn't drool over a man who can take care of you completely, including striking down all your enemies, getting you the best of everything, jewelry, clothes, house, cars, and has the power to keep it all going. Of course it's all a total fantasy, because in real life we'd be repulsed by anyone who killed so casually, but that's what makes it so fun. Carmella, I'm so jealous of you!
Ok, time to get stuff done! Have a great day!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:17 AM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jess and Kier, we were posting at the same time!

Kier, I really do have to spread my points out over the day or I'm so hungry by dinner that if it doesn't run away from me, I eat it! I find the wisest point investment I can make is a big breakfast and something with a little bit of fat in it for lunch (like low-fat salad dressing or mayo or something) because that's what seems to keep me ticking. And by the way, my husband calls me his little shiksa!

Jess, sometimes I too just get hubby cravings. Even though I see him each day and sleep next to him each night, I am sometimes just overwhelmed with the need to physically be next to him and hold his hand. Isn't it nice to be in love like that?

Last edited by aaronsmom; 07-30-2002 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:19 AM   #7  
KS pride-Seminole country

Good morning girls,
I"m so sorry, but once again can't post much! I really want to get back online at night so that I can read the dailly thread, but I just seem to get through the morning when only three people have posted so far!

Lisa--- gym scales are funky. IF it's anything like my school gym, so many people get on and off those during the day, and I"M sure they're nver checked for accuracy. According to it, I lost ten pounds in two days. IF only that were true! So, don't make a true judge until WI. And good luck! TOM is deceiving, but sometimes also nice if you're down fartehr than you expect!

KO-- YES. I"ve learned to start my point counting for the day around 5pm, because then Dinner is my first meal of the day. I dn't know about you, but it's my favorite too! So, if I have a larger dinner, then a snack (grahams and milk.. nummy) then I know how much I have to work with the next day. Just an idea for you!

JEss-- have fun with BF!

Okay.. HELLO TO EVERYONE! I will get back soion today. I will try!

Tonight is WI, but it's crazy how much has to be done before that. I"M feeling okay abou tit. Last week I WI right before the TOM and I was down 1.6... so, I hope it's okay. KInd of nervous, but it happens every week! Just not ice cream right before the meeting! Resist!!

Okay, have a fabulous tuesday everyone

Lucy
Old 07-30-2002, 11:05 AM   #8  
GO CANES!

Talking Carmella Soprano wannabe

HI GIRLS!! I think I need to post earlier, becuase now there is much to read!
Um, yes, I think going low point during the day leads to HUGE binging! By the way, I'm starting lower carb Monday, but still going to post here, as you guys are DA BOMB!

Lisa. KISS THE BOY!!!!!!!!!!! kissing is lovely. he seems so sweet too. Kiss him!!
what else. I'm so hyper today. too much coffee i think.
anyhoo. I'll check in later.......
Old 07-30-2002, 12:03 PM   #9  
Water Freak

Hi girls! Well, I m just posting after eating a piece of, umm, pizza. They were giving it out in the pit. On the good side, they were fairly small pieces, and they'd only give you one. So actually, not too bad as long as that is my "splurge" for the day. And I had been really craving pizza lately, so I guess it was good to get it out of my system with one small piece than a whole pizza! I haven't been very good about the running challenge this week, it has been absolutely too hot and humid. But today is not so bad, so I plan to go out and do it this evening. A study break from my *beloved* physics (which is almost over! Just the final and I am DONE!).

Lisa- Like everyone else has been saying, the gym scales are probably wrong! But I am sure you can pull yourself together, have a totally OP week, and absolutley wow yourself at WI next week. Just think....hooker shirt hooker shirt hooker shirt. That and the usual diet coke diet coke diet coke!

Kier- Funny how you can like the idea of a guy more than the prospect of the actual thing! Oh, and while we are on the topic of guys, may I say that I have a thing for cheekbones

Jess-Awwww...hope the BF appreciates the extra interest

Jayne- I totally agree w/ your Gandolfini analysis. You know that "power is the greatest aphrodisiac" bit? Def. true!

Lucy- Good luck w/ WI. If you can go down 1.6 w/ TOM, you must really be on a roll!

PJ- So you are doing low-carb after all? Super low carb (i.e. Atkins), or something a little more doable?

Oh, and I think sometime we need to do a "dancing banana" challenge! Everyone promises to dance like the banana for just 10 minutes a day! Just think of the extra calorie burn and th fun you'd have imagining yourself as a banana!

Cat
Old 07-30-2002, 12:23 PM   #10  
One Sick Puppy

Default I'm Back...

I'm getting so much work done today that I just had to stop back in to say hello again.

Kier (who was posting at the same time as I did earlier)--I haven't really found that eating low-point during the day leads to bingeing. But I also try to eat low-point during the day (in order to have a nice big dinner), so maybe I'm used to it???

Jayne--Your friend may be able to eat everything she wants, but that's really not very healthy. You may not be able to eat like her, but I'd be willing to guess that if you looked at stuff (yes, that's the medical term ) on the inside of you two, you'd be healthier. You're not eating all that grease-laden food that's stuffed full of fat and cholesterol and preservatives and God-only-knows-what-else. She may be naturally thin, but that doesn't mean she's naturally healthy. Everyone has to work at being healthy, especially in today's society. You may not be naturally thin, but you're taking GREAT care of your body and are probably healthier than her. Besides, you probably look just as good as she does and it didn't come easy to you, so you appreciate your accomplishment! OK, enough of that--if you want to hear more along those lines, I could proably keep going. :P About James G., you're right--the thing that makes him so sexy to me is when he tells someone to do something--it's all that power he has and the fact that so many people fear him.

Lucy--Hope WI goes well for you!

OK, this has taken forever to write, better get back to work now...
Old 07-30-2002, 12:24 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

LOL I love the idea of dancing like a banana
Cat its insane i just told my friend that i was attracted to the guy too and she basically inferred that she could and i quote snap him up if he lost some arsehole tendencies now i'm not sure what to do grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr am i just liking him b/c i want to get him from her
will he be a complete and utter Dork tommorrow OH GOD i'm obsessing b/c works evil today
bbl
Old 07-30-2002, 12:24 PM   #12  
One Sick Puppy

Cat--I love the dancing banana challenge idea! That's great!
Old 07-30-2002, 12:38 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Jess posting at the same time again
I know what u mean about tony soprano a man in power sooo sexy esp if hes baaad but with a soft side
Old 07-30-2002, 02:45 PM   #14  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

So – went to the meeting. They laid off one of my best friends here at work…. I have done every project with him…. I am so bummed. Plus it doubles my work.

The meeting didn’t last long and so I made a run to WI. I got there in time and weighed in up 2 pounds! L I’m bummed… but, it wasn’t as bad as I thought. It is that TOM. SO, maybe a pound is water and a pound is earned… and I can get that off by next week… no problem! Hooker shirt. Hooker shirt. Hooker shirt!

Kier – thanks for the banana! As for low points… yes, sometimes if I do that I then eat way too much for dinner and don’t feel so hot afterwards.

Jess – so not only do we post at the same time, but we have the same TOM. Ha ha!! Yes, would like some contact with Brian. If nothing else, since I have been so iffy about whether there is chemistry… this should do the trick. I mean, the kiss will either be great or gross… and I can go from there. Why haven’t you seen your BF in a week?

Jayne – I know what you mean. You’re not petty. Of course we resent those who don’t struggle. I mean I don’t think we’d ever wish our problems on them… but it’s hard not to wish we didn’t have these problems and get a bit jealous…. Completely normal.

Lucy – good luck at WI. It wasn’t the 5 pounds I was worried about. I guess you’re right about the gym scale… it usually coincides with my WW scale… but good thing this week it was off.

Cat – You’re right… the pizza thing was probably good. It was one small slice and it got the craving out of the way. Yes – hooker shirt. Hooker shirt. I will wear the hooker shirt.

I'm sadly updating my profile. Now I have 16.5 to lose by Sept 27th. UGH!
Old 07-30-2002, 02:54 PM   #15  
GO CANES!

i'm totally bummed today girls. one of my good friends is being very hurtful and spiteful and it' s just not right. yuck. i want to go home.
Closed Thread