Old 09-22-2008, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/243.6/165

Height: 5'7

Default Why oh Why

I do so well Monday thru Friday night.....I work Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm so its really easy to structure my days. I stay in my points, I get plenty of exercise and feel great! Once Friday night hits, I have my first lil snack, then that leads me to eating what ever I want all weekend! Then, once Monday is back, I jump right back on the wagon, and all is good again! Why can't I just stay on during the weekend! Every Sunday, (yes, last night) I say to me my hubby "I'm stayin in my points all weekend next weekend)....And I never do, its like I feel I deserve to eat what ever I want on the wkds becouse i had a perfect week. Today marks the first day of week 8 and I would soo be looking forward to wi if my weekends where good. I asked my friend if we could switch are WI days to the end of the week, and she said "why, so you can eat all weekend"....yep, she hit the nail on the head, but even weighing in on Monday's isn't helping my weekends.. AGHHHHH SO FRUSTRATING...what the **** is wrong with me! I know how good it feels to do the right thing, so why don't I just do it...it's only 2 days....

Sorry about the rant! Venting my frustations.
Shaanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Oh boy, weekends. I understand this struggle intimately.

You know what I've found that seems to work much of the time? Planning my meals. Thursday night, really briefly, I just sit down and write out 3 dinners, 3 lunches and 3 breakfasts. I pick one for each day. A list of appropriate snacks is then made, and I can choose those on the day of the snack eating.

It's helped. And it really doesn't take more than 15 minutes. It's worth it to stay in control.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

weekends are hard for me when we go out to friends. when i'm home it's not so bad.

but they are still hard. we have no structure on the weekends.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #4  
Workin' It

Weekends are tough for me too - I plan meals, but then sleep a little late, eat on a different schedule, exercise on a different schedule, it is really hard to stay OP. I make sure to log everything into my Daily Plate as soon as I finish eating it so, and project what I want to eat the rest of the day. It helps me to know where I am and where I'm looking at going.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #5  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel! I have a really hard time, but my schedule is sooo wacky that I struggle with it every day. I work 3 twelve hour nights a week, and every week the days I work are different!! It makes it SUPER hard to plan...

Sooo, if it's any encouragement, at least you can think of it that you are still on the same sleep schedule during the weekends! I have a really hard time figuring out what breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack times are when half the time I'm going to bed at 9am and waking up at 4pm!!

Best of luck, I think the planning ahead of time that Faerie mentioned is pretty much the only way to go!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/191/135

Height: 5'6"

Also maybe having some special OP treats on the weekends may help. Because you might have a little extra time, maybe find some good recipes to try and make it a little special. That way you still have the weekend to look forward to but also some special foods that still fit into your plan.

Last edited by ladyscorpio; 09-22-2008 at 04:02 PM.
ladyscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #7  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Default weekends

I find it hard on the weekends as well because I'm at home all day and the kitchen is so near...
I signed up for a knitting class to keep me busy. Now when I sit down to catch up on my TV, I practice my knitting. It keeps me busy so I don't keep thinking about food-I'm thinking about knitting. And I always try to drink plenty of water, I'm really good when I'm at work, but at home I do struggle.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

I work nights, I have a tough time sitting up an eating schedule.

Last edited by Moobunny; 09-22-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/243.6/165

Default Plan

I'm going to plan my meals and I'm going to eat well this weekend.. I AM I AM I AM......Those darn weekends! It's like having a vacation every 5 days...
Shaanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good for you! write it down post it on the fridge. COMMIT TO IT!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
Good for you! write it down post it on the fridge. COMMIT TO IT!
Yup yup yup! I agree!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

I totally agree, weekends are sooo tough, but what Faerie suggested is a Great Idea, I plan to use it for this weekend.

Today's WI did not go well, I'm owning up to that number, I do deserve it. Had an aweful week, but today starts a new one. Good Luck to all of us that are struggling to stay OP.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #13  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

I am very fortunate that weekends are not a problem. I have to work on Saturdays, so its like an extra work day. On the days I am off, I usually do not eat breakfast and I am super busy so I tend not to eat very much. Its evenings right before bed that I am tempted to overeat.
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

Weekends are hard for me too and I weigh in on Mondays at 5pm (yes I am crazy, not only Mondays but at the end of the day.) The only thing that saves me is pre-packaged veggies to snack on and extra activity points with the extra time. That way if I splurge a little I have a few APs to use.

Hang in there and at least you go back on the wagon every Monday which means you are not giving up. That is truly the most important thing!

-Phil
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I, too, have a terrible time on weekends so even when I was being good I allowed myself a day off. Just a day to not even think of things.

Probably not much help to you, but it helps me to not feel like I'm completely blowing things. A planned day off, you know?

Jenn T
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote