Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #1  

Default Jenny on My Own

Is anyone else doing Jenny with their own foods? I am going to try it. If anyone is interested in joining me I did a bunch of research and found an equivalent grocery food to match every Jenny food and made lists. Woo hoo!
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 AM   #2  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default interested

I tried JC for a week and decided it was too strict for me, but I loved their food. I decided to follow the WW point plan (which I was familiar with) and use Jenny food. It has truly been awesome. I have lost 38 lbs in 3 1/2 months. I'd love to know what type of substitutes you have found. If they are already prepared and taste as good that would be amazing!
TSap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #3  

Default Amanda I would be interested as well

I have been on a food delivery plan for over 6 months and have done quite well with it but I am feeling I need to make a switch for a time.
I would love to try some store bought alternatives to Jenny. I have never tried Jenny food but don't' you have to pay something like $300 to belong to the plan ????
I have been on such a restrictive plan I think I need a more moderate plan for awhile to jump start my losing again.
Renita
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #4  

Renita from what I understand you can join Jenny for 399.00 and that is either a year or lifetime, I am not quite clear on that. But you can also wait and join with one of those specials they run like the 20 pounds for 20 dollars deals. Either way you still have to pay to join and then pay for the food.

All the foods I have found are normal grocery store foods and include everything from lean cuisines, regular cookies, healthy choice soups, and even just a plain old piece of grilled chicken breast on a 100 calorie Wonder Bun. Some of the nutrition info on the foods does not match exactly but I tried to find the closest thing I could that was available in a mainstream store and you did not have to go to a special health food store or anything.

If you want more information send me a pm with your email and I will send you a link to the info
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4'11''

Could I ask you as well for the link?

I'm interested in possibly joining Jenny Craig, but want to see if I can somehow do it myself.

I've lost 15lbs so far with the help of caloriecount, but I'm always interested in exploring other venues.
TheBeesKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:49 AM   #6  

I guess you could say I'm doing the same thing -- frankly I don't think there's any "magic" to the Jenny's food other than it's in the correct portions. So basically I'm trying to make & freeze "diet" meals for when my family eats pizza etc., just when everybody's eating stuff that's not good for us "weight challenged" folks.

I'm finding the convenience aspect of the pre-fab meals really REALLY saves me. In a perfect world I would make my own perfectly measured meals 3 times a day, well, the world ain't gonna get perfect!

Jenny is approx 1200 cals a day -- same for WW, if you measure everything you eat out to that number, your food is magic too! It's just that I get so tired of always counting calories or points when cooking, that's when the pre-fab meals either store bought or home made really help.

Oh and the every day exercise. also a must!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:07 AM   #7  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Default JC prices

If you follow the JC plan completely, food is about $120-130 per week (plus fruits and vegs you have to buy at the store. You can join for one of the specials (20 lbs for $20 plus weekly food) or you can join for a year for 399 (ask them about any discounts for insurance plans, I saved about $40-50). After the first year renewals are under $50. With the yearly plan you get 10% off first 10 purchases, 15% off next 10 or 15 (can't rememer), then 20% for as long as you remain a member. Don't have a food list handy, but most dinners are about $5-5.50, lunches and breakfasts are a little less. Desserts are about $2.50. I spend about $50-60 a week on food at JC. It is truly a convience for me (and I truly love some of their selections), I also use alot of Lean Cuisine/WW frozen food. All of this is much less money than I used to spend eating out all the time. It would be much more difficult if I had to cook for a family...but if you need the convience you can easily subsitute Lean Cuisine/WW. If you need to cook for your family try some of WW's cookbooks, I have found a few recipes that have now become staples in my cooking. Hope this info helps.
TSap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #8  

I picked up my first weeks of food from JC last Friday & decided that very night that I was not willing to fork over that much money on a weekly basis. I am going to try WW flex program. Am heading out to used bookstores this a.m. to find some WW cookbooks. The center I went to was way too rigid & would not allow me to swap any of my meals on JC when I said I didn't think I'd like the food. For that much money I want food I picked.
kraftypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 147.2/142.8/120

Height: 4'11"

I can not pm anyone but if you could pm me I would appreciate it with the link. I am considering jc because of the strict structure but I have also have a family that has to eat too. but if this could save me money and is easy to follow it would help me. thanks.
Char286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

Default JC with Own Foods? Kissesmomof4??

Hi Kissesmom0f4! How are you doing?

I just saw your post about Jenny Draig, have you been doing that?

I have been on such a roller coaster this summer! Last summer I lost 25 pounds on Metabolic Research Center, but then couldn't afford it. It was $100 or more weekly for supplements.

I thought I could do it on my own, but Christmas killed me and I gained 20 pounds. So this summer I tried MediFast, worked good for a bit, then RL intruded and I ran out of money and had problems with going out with friends (MediFast is almost a liquied diet) and so then I tried Denise Austin, which didn't work at all.

So now I want to do what Kirstie Alley did! LOL!!! (Uhh, yeah, I bet she got paid, what an incentive that would be!)

So if you're still doing this and it's working, I'd love to do it with you!
Let me know,
Linda
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/188/165

I've been on JC for a year and a half. I took the summer off because I was burned out. I love the pre-fab meals and found that their ingredients are healthier than the Lean Cuisine or WW frozen meals. I actually found the Kashi frozen meals as a good replacement, but you need to watch the carb/protein ratio. I used a lot of South Beach frozen meals too but they weren't as tasty.
Good Luck!
lovelandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:50 AM   #12  

I can't PM either....too new....but would like to see your list if you could PM me that would be great! Thanks!
chuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #13  

For those of you who wanted to do JC if you subscribe to their site, they sometimes send you coupons. One of the one I received was $25.00 off a food purchase of $75.00 dollars.
I did rejoin I didn't have to pay because I am Lifetime member I did have to pay for the rewards program though. They also let me do 5 days of there food and 2 days on my own.
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #14  

Post "I would like to try Jenny on my Own -kissesmomof4"

Hi ,I would also love to have the link and any other information you can give me to help me on my weight loss journey.I wanted desperately to do the Jenny Craig program but I simply cannot afford it,so this sounds like it may be my answer.I am on a fixed income due to being disabled and that in itself is a challenge for me because I used to be able to walk and sometimes even jog a little 4-5 days a week but now my health ,knees,back and fybromyalgia is just causing me to really find it challenging to work out.I am hoping that if I can start losing some of this weight it will be better on my knees and then I will at least be able to get back to my walking.Anyone with suggestions for these types of challenges will greatly be appreciated.
kissesmomof4 I really would like any information you can send me on the program and the meals please.
Thanks alot
slevinblp
slevinblp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #15  

I am new here at 3fc and I am really happy I found this website!
slevinblp is offline   Reply With Quote