View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #15
Fat Pants
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi mollymom, I also have SAD. I usually do ok until January... Jan-beginning of April seem to be the hardest and most depressing for me. I live in a very cold, bitter state (colorado) with lots of snow, and since I live close to the foot of the mountains, it gets dark WAY early here. Seems like I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. I hate not being able to be outside and enjoying the sun and warm weather. Plus with the end of the holidays, January just always seems so bleak and all I focus on is how I'm getting older.. lol!

So this year I decided not to let it take me down. My #1 plan is to exercise almost daily, because it IS a mood lifter. I decided, if anything else, I need to exercise for my mental sanity!

I have to stay busy. If I just go home from work and sit in front of the TV or computer until bedtime, I get bored and being bored means starting to feel depressed. So, I'm going to learn how to quilt this winter. Gives me something to focus on and work towards.

I actually moved my cubicle at work to a window spot so that I could at least have sun during the day. I know it's not possible for everyone, but it definitely helps if you can do it!

My very long goal story w/ photos!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote