View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #27
TheTinGirl

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Default The Tin Girl

Sorry Alex, I liked the lay out of your bio so I...kinda...stolded it.

First name (if you want to tell): Call me Tin.

Geographical location: Central PA

Marital Status: Living with my boyfriend, soon to be husband, and a little shih-tzu puppy named Peanut.

Occupation: I work in a blue cubical tending to the needs of wealthy CEOs who would rather pay someone else to fix their computers then train their own sys admins. It's a joy. I also do a bit of beading and photography, love to write. I'm stuffing a collection of poems together and working on my first fiction novel. By the way if anyone wants to chit chat and give me their opinions as I write this book that would be wonderful. At least better then me arguing with myself 99% of the time.

Pets: One pup nameds Peanut who just turned 1 last year.

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, writing, music, singing, reading (mostly medical books) trying to learn how to sew. That's turned out quite bad.. though I do have a pair of rainbow striped bell bottoms to show for the pricks in my finger.

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Hair is black and my eyes are blue. Eyes are natural, hair is not.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: About two years...looking to pick up the pace a bit.

Starting Weight: 365

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 170...100 more pounds to go!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat when I'm stressed and I'm stressed if I'm awake. Also have some depression issues that convince me that ice cream with candy in it really is worth blowing my blood sugar through the roof.

Following any specific plan: lose weight so I can get my blood sugar down and help my failing pancreas. No specific plan yet though...can't find one!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: March 23 I was admitted to the emergency room with pancreantitis. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for five days...was on constant morphine for the pain, and spent about 27,000 dollars...only to come out of the hospital with serious morphine withdraws and a permanently numb spot in my thigh from being bed ridden. Can't get a bigger eye opener then that.

Anything else: I'm also looking for friends that I don't feel weird around when I need some support.
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote