Old 09-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #1  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Default Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Hey girls!

I have been doing TaeBo lately and getting really bored. I have seen on a few other sites people singing the praises of JM 30DS.

If you are unfamiliar, it works like this. JM has a DVD with 3 seperate workouts. Basically, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. You do each work out for 10 days before advancing to the next. Jillian claims that by doing the workouts and eating healthy, you will lose 20 lbs by the end of the 30 days.

Disclaimer: I think people lose weight differently and the is no way to guarantee anyone a certain amount of weight loss.

I am going to start this new program and was wondering if anyone on here was interested in starting it too. I know that there is a thread completely dedicated to JM 30DS but it hasn't been used in a while and is seemingly dead.

So if you are interested let me know! I'd love to compare results.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I'm interested. I have a gym membership and use it about 2-3 times a week. Do you do the DVD everyday?
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #3  
New BodyBugger!

Yes, I will. It is supposed to be everyday for 30 days.

I won't lie, from the other posts, it seems to be really tough!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/168/105

Height: 5'0

I am game. I own the DVD already. I had done it a few times but have not stuck to it. My only questions is do you think 20 min a day is enough to lose weight? Let me know what you think.
jillpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #5  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I want to try this. How much are the DVDs and were can I buy them? A gym around my area is a bit costly, so I would rather stick to home exercise.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #6  
New BodyBugger!

[B]Jillpeeps[B] I don't really know if 20 minutes is enough for real weight loss. I am adding this to my routine. I already weight train and do isolated ab activities with my hubby. I am just switching out the TaeBo for the Shred because I am looking for something a little more intense. I hear that this workout will make you feel like you have been doing cardio for at least an hour! Also, I walk ALL DAY at my job. So, you might want to consider adding a walk or some toning. But, I would wait to make that decision until you know how this will make you feel.

WormwoodDoll I am pretty sure they are just about everywhere. Target, WalMart, Best Buy, maybe check the video store. I have also seen it on NetFlix. Before you drive all over creation I would call. I know you can also order it on Amazon. I believe it is between $10-$!5.

Since everyone's schedules are different I think that it would be silly to mandate that everyone start on the same day. However, I will be officially starting on Monday and will be doing 10-10-10 with no breaks.

We will be absolutely, positively in pain at the very beginning. The key is NOT TO TAKE A DAY OFF. I know it will suck. I know it will be hard. But, that is how the program is most effective. I don't know about you, but if I am gonna do the work, I want the best possible results. We need to keep each other motivated and have 30 straight days of Shred! Maybe a new ticker??

Someone once told me, "Pain is beauty. If it ain't hurtin'. It ain't workin." lol I think Jillian started that phrase herself!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/168/105

Height: 5'0

HeatherMcG- I will also start tomorrow and will need lots of motivation to stick to it w/ no breaks for 30 days. My job is sitting at a desk all day so the key for me is to probably get an hour of walking in as well. How much weight training do you do in a week. What is your eating plan? I am excited to see how this will work!!!
jillpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

For those looking to buy the DVD: Check out ebay if you're on a budget (or amazon). They have some really great deals on the DVD's....I just searched.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #9  
New BodyBugger!

I do a lot of weight training in a week. Normally I get in 5-6 days. I do 3 sets of 15 reps on the major muscle groups (biceps, triceps, traps, back) I also do chest flys and bench presses but I do those on an exercise ball.

jillpeeps-
I eat 6 small meals a day of about 100-250 calories depending on the meal. I eat more for dinner and lunch. I try to stay under 1500 calories and normally I have to eat extra to get over 1200. It is important to make sure you eat enough calories to burn.

If you sit all day, is it possible to swap out your chair for an exercise ball? I ditched my computer chair at home a long time ago. If you do, you will burn extra calories just staying balanced. Plus you can do leg raises and other ab exercises while on the ball and no one will even know you are doing it! Plus, I find it a lot more comfortable because if inflated properly, it can return your spine to its natural alignment.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

ok ladies,
I'm off to buy the DVD tomorrow.There are somedays that will be tough to get the workout in, I wont lie.My father in law is visiting next weekend for instance, but if the workouts are only 20-30 mins I am sure I'll have the house for at least an hour a day alone, let's hope

Also, I am going to continue doing spinning at my gym 2-3- times a week.

Can someone briefly tell me what the workouts are like. cardio, weight resistance, fullbody...
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #11  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I'm in I'm gonna buy the dvd this Thursday cuz I get paid that nite. If you check this website out you can watch a clip from the dvd.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...day-shred-7963
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #12  
New BodyBugger!

Okay,

So far the group is:

HeatherMcG
i am still trying
jillpeeps
wormwooddoll
Quiet Ballerina
mjluva829

Anyone else? There is still time!

Ready to commit to 30 days of your own Jillian butt-kickin?
Old 09-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #13  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

I'll commit. Are we going to check in daily or? I'm starting tomorrow..
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Me!

We'll see how tough it is... My friend that I stole the DVD's from said she gave up after the first week. LoL.

I'll be doing this in conjunction with my normal 16 miles of daily bike riding, uphill sprints on Tues/Thurs/Sat, and a 60 minute run on Sundays (approx 7.5 to 9 miles depending on how my arthritis is.)

I threw out all of my clothes that aren't single digits and I refuse to buy a 10 ever again in my life unless i'm knocked up. This is for the visible six pack!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

I'm willing to try it out with you ladies. I looked at the preview on the collagevideo website -- it definitely looks challenging!
ZetaMD2Be is offline   Reply With Quote