Old 09-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/149/135

Height: 5'5

Default Eating half and throwing the rest away?

My favorite day is Saturday. I love to go into the city centre and shop at the farmers market and have lovely coffee. Some of the vendors have fantastic breads and pastries. Does anyone ever buy a treat, eat half and throw the rest away?
irishluck8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Better to throw it away than to gain weight back .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 5"3

Sometimes I do!! Just so I don't eat the whole thing {you know we would if it's in our hands!! LOL!!}. I know it's kind of a waste,but your not eating the whole thing and.....it's KIND OF half the Calories! LOL!! Welcome chick! This weightloss stuff is EVIL!! But we're all getting through it!!
Candi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Yep.

I love the farmer's Market! I will usually find someone that wants the other half, or if I have my friends kids with me I just give it to them, or i'll have them give it to me in one of those little wax baggies and put it in my purse for later.

I seem to be able to do this with sweets, but man... when I get my hands on those croissants from the 'Hot French Guy' I buy 3, eat 1 and give the other two to my favorite organic produce/meat sellers down the street for breakfast. And I don't feel one bit guilty.

They import this special cream from their family farm in south france to make sweet butter by hand and that's why they taste so good.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I used to buy bear claws at the farmer's market, eat half and then save the other half for Sunday morning. Since we moved, I haven't been too tempted by the pastries at the market here though (which is probably a good thing.)
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #6  
My Journey To Thin

S/C/G: 165/156/120

Height: 5'6"

Well, for me, once I eat even a little bit of a sweet treat, its enough for me to get off track all day. If you can eat just a bit and throw the rest away and never look back, more power to you. But I know from experience, I can't do this
ellieflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/238/170

Height: 5'10"

I'd probably eat it all :S I have such hang-ups on not wasting food that I need to get over.
Kelbrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

it wud depend what it is for me....
and how much ive eaten the rest of the day....
ive just eaten 2 slices of a 9 inch pizza (less than a quater)....
so at about 200 calories i dont feel so bad about it....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #9  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Congratulations - that's a BIG step to be able to buy something, eat half, and throw the other half away. That's still in my dreams....
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #10  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

No, I wouldn't throw it away - but I would save it. Leftover pastries + microwave = good as new.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
I seem to be able to do this with sweets, but man... when I get my hands on those croissants from the 'Hot French Guy' I buy 3, eat 1 and give the other two to my favorite organic produce/meat sellers down the street for breakfast.
That's a lovely idea.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #12  

That's great! I wish I was able to do that. I actually bought 2 cupcakes at the new cupcake place underneath me a couple of days ago. My plan was to eat half the chocolate and half the vanilla so I could experience both, yah I ate both completely. oops
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #13  
Workin' It

The local coffee shop near me has fantastic pastry, homeade by a baker in the area. I used to stare at it through the case and never bought it. One day I commented out loud how I wished I could only buy 1/4 of the pastry - immediately, three other women in line jumped in agreed with me... During the summer we all met there on Wed, cause we went to work around the same time, and split a pastry, taking turns picking which one.

Now that the kids are back in school we don't get there at the same times, but it was fun during the summer!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
The local coffee shop near me has fantastic pastry, homeade by a baker in the area. I used to stare at it through the case and never bought it. One day I commented out loud how I wished I could only buy 1/4 of the pastry - immediately, three other women in line jumped in agreed with me... During the summer we all met there on Wed, cause we went to work around the same time, and split a pastry, taking turns picking which one.

Now that the kids are back in school we don't get there at the same times, but it was fun during the summer!
How neat! And with perfect stranger too!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:32 AM   #15  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hmm, I honestly don't think I'd be able to do this, either. I know that I don't need the extra calories (certainly not! ha) but I'm really mindful of any kind of waste. If I were to go out on a limb to shell out $5 for some fancy-schmancy pastry, there's no WAY I'd throw half of it away! To me that would feel like throwing my money away. If possible, I'd try to eat half and save the rest for later, but honestly I don't think I'd be able to stop halfway through. So it's kind of a lose-lose situation for me, heh. I'd be better to avoiding buying any of those things in the first place! But as others have said, if that works for you and you wouldn't obsess over the waste, power to ya. Even if it's already something unhealthy, it's ALWAYS healthier to have 1/2 the calories than all of them! Lol.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote