Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 12:29 PM   #1  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Default #165 New challenges, new beginnings, continued success!

Starting a new thread, last one is kinda long
Old 07-28-2002, 10:27 PM   #2  

Today was an interesting day. I had a bad food day, but not the kinda bad that I expect to have. I ate only about 500 or 600 cals today. I had a slim fast bar and 2 small slices of pizza. I didn't realize that I didn't eat that much. O'well I'll do better tomorrow. I did drink my gallon of water. So at least I did something right, lol.

Hope everyone else had a good day. Tomorrow I will get weighed in. I'll let you know then.

Bella23
Old 07-29-2002, 12:04 AM   #3  

Today I felt like cheating. Our local chinese restaurant was calling my name. Chinese food is my "bad food". Its the food I turn to when I want to intentionally cheat. If I were to allow myself a cheat day I would get loads of veggie lo-mein and veggie fried rice and just starch myself into a coma

Today I went to visit my mother (which can be stressful at times) and on the way to her house I kept thinking about chinese food. Ok, maybe I can have it just tonight and then get right back on the diet tommorow and never do it again!
Well, I have been there before. I used to call it my "one last hurrah". That was when I would say"I need to seriously start the diet...ok I will start seriously tommorow morning, but tonight I am gonna have "one last hurrah""...at which time I would go out and get the worst food posible and make a total pig of myself. And of course the next day came and I didnt start the diet and then that night I would again have "one last hurrah" and the cycle just went on and on.

Well I didn't have the chinese food tonight. I came home and had my Lean Cuisine (Veggie eggroll and rice) and some steamed spinach and broccoli. Its weird..the way I got through the craving was to look down at my thigh as I was driving and it actually looked smaller and I thought "wow..this is working...I am losing some weight here". And eventually the craving passed. But I could sure use some Ben & Jerry's right about now...somebody talk me down

Kerry

300/280/190
Haven't been drinking as much water as I should ..bad me
Old 07-29-2002, 01:34 AM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Kerry - I am also a big one for the "last hurrah." I once heard it referred to as "The Last Supper Syndrome."

It sounds like you did a wonderful job of finding a way to beat the craving. I especially like how you went home and ate "legal" Chinese food.

BTW, I am one who could die happy in a vat of sesame chicken...
Old 07-29-2002, 09:47 AM   #5  

One last hurrah...hmmm, I seemed to have been doing that for about a month now. Good for you though for staying strong. Did you ignore Ben & Jerry? I hope so. That stuff is addictive. I will eat the whole container without breathing.

And who said food wasn't a drug? Err.

Old 07-29-2002, 09:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

I have found that by giving myself a "free" day , I am doing much better than I had hoped.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:01 AM   #7  

Yes I did avoid the Ben & Jerry's. Had I eaten it I am sure I would be wallowing in some serious self pity today

The last time I seriously dieted I allowed myself a "treat night" where I would eat the meal of my choice for dinner once a week. This time I think I will do it once I get a few months under my belt. I don't feel strong enough just yet.

I agree that food is a drug. I can have a few bites of something "bad" and it can send me spiraling into a frenzy of gluttony. I am definately a food addict.

Kerry

300/280/190
Old 07-29-2002, 10:13 AM   #8  

Good for you resisting that trigger food. I find that baked goods do it to me. I can't have just a bite. Chips I can have one, ice cream one spoonful and I can walk away. but cookies, no way.

I found the free day is necessary for me. I had one on Saturday and ate a fresh buttermilk biscuit at breakfast, also had a sausage dog at the festival we were at. And I didn't have to feel guilty or worthless, I enjoyed it and looked forward to Sunday and being on Program again, my only rule for free days is that I have to get some exercise and drink my water. And i try not to drink any alcohol, it's not on my program anyway, so free days are it for having a glass of wine or beer. But I've found it errodes my resolve to take it easy and I end up eating silly food late at night.

Sometimes knowing that a day to be indulgent is less than a week away is the only thing that keeps me going.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:34 PM   #9  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

YaY for you for resisting your craving I've learned that my trigger food is...well... food! I had myself a free day yesterday, had a decent meal, big for what I usually eat, and split this HUGE slice of carrot cake with hubby, and I even let him have the top pat that had all the frosting, I took bottom layers, so that way I had less... it was soooo good, but heavy, I gave about 1/4 of my slice to Ravyn, and left another 1/4 behind... so all in all, even on my free day, I didn't do too bad We had a really good night... went to eat... then shopping, got some new clothes, we got me some b-ball type shorts to workout in and I just got them in *my* size, didn't try them on...got them home, and guess what?? THEY ARE TOOOOO BIG! YAY! I have to use the drawstring on them to keep them from falling off I forced Johnny to spend some money on himself, he got some really nice shirts... got some small essentials for Ravyn...socks... I don't know where all her socks go, but we're constantly buying her socks...lol... and Johnny got me some lingerie too...hehe...really cute lingerie who says you gotta get skinny first? I did try on some jeans in my size, but they are low waisted, and I'm high waisted with all my belly weight below the waist line, so, of course, they didn't fit... too bad too, they were cut in the legs just the way I like them... AND to top it all off, I've maintained, even though I've got some belly bloat... so I guess that would mean I actually lost? Here's hoping...lol
OK, so the new challenge starts today, so all of you who signed on for it, good luck!
Old 07-29-2002, 01:20 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Having a pretty good Monday here. Just finished my "on plan" lunch and am feeling pretty good about the prospects about being OP. I'm not allowing myself a planned cheat day. I know there are days I won't eat perfect, I plan on not beating myself up then and leave it at that. I would inhale everything if I got a whole cheat day. But for instance, this weekend is the fair. Well, I KNOW I will have the steak & potatoes and an elephant ear and although I plan on having fruit for lunch, I know I will go over in points, that's OK. So I guess I have free days, they are just not a certain day each week.
Old 07-29-2002, 01:25 PM   #11  

So far my day has been great. I went to the doc first thing this morning to get my weight checked and didn't have high hopes because it's that time of the month for me. Well I got a GREAT shock. I lost 4lbs. I am SO happy. I almost cried. I have now lost 10lbs total and am just flying high.

I then went to the gym and had a GREAT lower body workout and have drank 62oz of water so far. So I'm on my way to a great challange day!! Hope everyone else is as well.

Well that is enough bragging for me today. I think I have posted this almost every place, sorry, but I'm just so happy.

Bella23
Old 07-29-2002, 03:25 PM   #12  
Losin It For GOOD!

SO.. here's my life in a nutshell...

Hurt myself this weekend SOMEHOW, did a LOT of lifting of heavy stuff, my back is VERY sore in one localized area...

Decided we want to get a "new" dog, found the one we want, but still waiting on the landlord to give us his answer (very frustrating, its been almost a week since we've asked!!) We can't pick up the new dog until next monday (one week from today) at the absolute earliest, but I wish we could get everything taken care of soon, so we could go get the new dog!

Back "OP" as of today, already drank 64 oz water, planning to take oreo for a walk tonight..

Sorry I don't have a TON of time...
love to all of you!
Old 07-29-2002, 03:56 PM   #13  

You all are doing so well. I had my planned cheat day on Saturday, but it went really worse than I thought and at my weigh in this morning was up 1.5 pounds, but I guess that after losing 8 last week, I can't complain too much. Hopefully this wekk will be better. I just couldn't resist the Chinese food and then I made my son's birthday cake and of course nibbled on the icing as I was icing it. Las B-day cake I have to make for a while, so hopefully won't fall into that trap again!
Old 07-29-2002, 05:50 PM   #14  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I think food is much more addictive than drugs or cigarettes or alcohol. Look at it this way, we need food to survive, the other stuff we don't. If you stop smoking you never have to look at another cigarette as long as you live. If we lose all the weight we want to we'll still have to eat everyday forever. I think losing weight has got to be much more difficult than giving up those other things.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:29 PM   #15  

Like the title of this thread because Monday is always a new beginning for me even if I didn't backslide too much over the weekend.

Good day for me - 96 oz water, 50 minutes water exercise and at least a half hour of gardening plus pretty good on food. Tomorrow looks like it should be good too. Wed/Thurs might present some challenges this week if plans work out. But tougher doesn't mean undoable so I'll try to suck it up and work it out.

Slimdown - maybe it relates to the lime thing but I like my water room temp too. My soda as well. Really convenient for drinking on the run.
Closed Thread