Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 12:23 AM   #1  

Question Hi I am new and I need advice

Hello everyone. Actually I'm new to posting, I've been reading this site for months, but I am now just finally registering.

I am 163.5 lbs 5'3" female, and I would like to know the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 11 weeks without counting anything. I have tried the calorie counting method and I have failed numerous times, and it is a time consuming hassle! I say I will stop calorie counting, but I get paranoid when I eat something I go right back to counting my calories.

Please everyone share your success or tell me how I can lose this weight a healthy way. Thanks everyone
Old 07-29-2002, 09:19 AM   #2  

Hi Renee81:

I am a new member myself and just starting my weight loss journey so cannot offer you any real advice at this time but I wanted to welcome you and wish you good luck in your efforts.

I also wanted a chance to practice using the smilies:
like this dancing banana .....
and this jiggy monkee....
and this confused smiley (because that's what I am about how to use them)...

Talk to you again soon.

Marusha
Old 07-29-2002, 09:21 AM   #3  

Yay they worked!!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 12:04 PM   #4  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default An idea...

Hi Renee,

If you don't want to count anything, the best things to do are to increase your exercise and to just change the kinds of foods you eat. Of course, it depends on what kinds of things you eat now, but if you give up sugar, white flour, and processed foods and emphasize fruits and vegetables, whole grains and protein, you should see a good difference. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2002, 12:20 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Renee! I can't really give advice on how not to count calories, because it's second nature to me. I keep track of all my food and exercise on spreadsheets and it's really a game to me, so I can't relate to feeling it's a hassle. It's truly the only way I can know what I'm eating and I lost 100 pounds that way (before regaining 20). Babette's advice sounds pretty good to me. I'd add making sure you drink a lot of water.

Maybe you'd like a more fun way to keep track, though, like the Richard Simmons Foodmover. You just close the little windows.

Or what about joining Weight Watchers, either online or in your community? A lot of people find it easier to count points than calories.

Another idea might be: "Don't have it, halve it!" (I read that somewhere, I think). In other words, serve yourself whatever food you would normally have or are craving or whatever and simply don't eat half of it ... just get rid of it (if you save it, you'll eat it and the idea is not to eat it).

Whatever you do, have fun and enjoy the journey. Good luck.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-30-2002 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:33 PM   #6  
Chocoholic

Hey, I agree. and the smileys are so much fun :yeah: especially the :jiggle: jigglie ones and the ones.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Renee81
I have a few points you might be interested in. First if you don't want to really change your eating habits you can downsize portions. Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate and jut eat less of what you normally eat, increase water to 8 glasses a day or more and get some type of exercise in.
2nd, you can try diets that don't count cals or fat. Atkins is good. but you have to keep count of carbs you eat, Fit For Life is great too because there is no counting involved it seperates food groups. It's a food combining diet that works but is a little difficult to do , but not impossible.
Hope I was some help. But here's a diet that will get off 20 lbs fast. The scarsdale medical diet. It outlines what you can eat and when and all that and really works. Here's the site http://lowcarblisa.tripod.com/thescarsdalemedicaldiet/
Hope I was some help and good luck on your weightloss journey!!
Closed Thread