Old 09-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Default New here

I am new and am excited to be part of this forum.
I started my "healthy eating and exercise" in August. I have done it before but I feel that this time it is here to stay. I am trying everything I can to be successful. I am writing everything down that goes into my mouth and am following a 1400 calorie food plan. I searched a couple of food pyramids and am trying to balance my carbs, fats, proteins...etc. The hardest part is that I haven't been able to reach 1400 calories. I am averaging 1200. I get to dinner and I can't seem to eat enough. I think that I am being so careful all day that I can't seem to get high enough for calories for dinner. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit. I am concerned because when I lose weight I know I will have to cut more calories and if I am already low how much lower can I go? I exercise at least 30 min. a day...sometimes 1hr. What do you think? Since Aug. 11th I have lost 15 lbs.
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #2  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Yeah, I always have trouble getting enough calories...NOT! ROFL! Sounds like you are doing so well, and look at your progress, how awesome!

You're fine...don't panic...just keep on keepin' on!!
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #3  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Hattie welcome to the 40 something's.

You're doing really well. Why don't you increase your calories at breakfast? That might help.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for your encouragement. I think the breakfast increase is a good idea. I just get scared that I will go over my allotted calories and not have enough to eat dinner. I am going to try it. Thanks!
By the way..I am 47, happily married and have two kids (well..not kids anymore- 24 and 23). I have struggled with weight my whole life. I really want to get healthy so that someday I can enjoy grandkids. (not yet though) One more thing I want to share... I bought a leather bracelet and I am putting Pandora type beads on it for each 5lbs I lose. It helps to remind me to be proud of what I am doing and also reminds me not to put unhealthy food in my mouth. Since it is on my wrist, I see it everyday and it is a positive reinforcement. I have three beads so far... a heart, a star and a pretty glass bead.
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 PM   #5  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Pop in the chat thread and get to know everyone.

Lots of support.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote