BIRTHDATE - 4/11/72

WHERE YOU LIVE - Maine

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Aaron

ANNIVERSARY - 5/29/94

KIDS - Ian (10)

PETS - Squirt (cat)

OCCUPATION - Chiropractic Assistant

STARTING WEIGHT - 299+

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Loosely following the Insulin Resistance Diet and the principles of Dr. James Chestnut, DC's Eat Well, Move Well, Think Well program

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Walk Away the Pounds, Tae Bo, Theraband and hand weight work, crunches, treadmill, various repetitive exercises (like lunges, leg lifts, etc)

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - There are no no-no foods. But there are foods that will adversely affect my blood sugar and I will choose when and how often I will eat them.

FAV.BOOK(S) - lots of fantasy, Stephanie Plum series, a few things by former Bishop John Shelby Spong

FAV. MOVIE(S) - things that make me laugh

FAV. SONG(S) - 90s alternative, classic rock, some classical

FAV. QUOTE - I have a collection of them I have been copying from here. I think my current fave is one I modify depending on the situation, but it always ends in "Pick your hard"

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I have finally accepted a 4 year old diagnosis of Type II Diabetes and am doing my darnedest to control it with lifestyle changes. I am humbled and awed by all the love and support that flows through this forum. I am so happy to have found 3FC. Thank you dgramie for inviting me to this subforum
I've been in the 100lb Club, 300+ Club, 30-Somethings (now I'm 40-something), Alternachicks, Chicks up for a Challenge. I have Type 2 Diabetes, have been on meds for depression, struggled with binge eating and exercise motivation. I've been a calorie counter & a carb counter. I've been here off and on since August 2007.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote