Old 09-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: 9/13-9/14

Mornin' All!

It's waaay too early to be up on the weekend. Dog at 4:30, kids at 5:30, and they wouldn't shut up, so we got up at 6. Needless to say, mama's not in a good mood this AM.

Thanks for the comments on Peter. He wore a Goodnight to school yesterday at the nurse's request. When I called her at 3, she said he had a great day, no accidents, yet when DH & he got home, he was soaked! He won't tell me when he pee'd, so I don't know if it was there all day, or just at the end of the day. I feel pretty helpless right now, because there's not much I can do, if he doesn't want to be compliant. I don't want to put him in a goodnight again Monday, but I can't have him peeing all the time. And it isn't helping that before/after care cannot go into the bathroom with him. Ugh, enough about that.

Today I am going shopping...by myself. I need to get a new mini-blind for the bathroom. And maybe some clothes. I don't have the money for anything new right now, but the change of season kills me, i never have anything to wear, and I'm feeling really inappropriate at work. It's a business casual office, but they dress a little more on the business side, and I dress a little more on the casual side, so I'm always worried that someone it gonna say something.

OK, obviously I'm being a downer today. Sorry!

Karen, that lady hadda be mentally disturbed!

Joan, No, he's definitely ready for Kindergarten, education wise - he's probably beyond Kindergarten. I think he's just got to get past this stage, or whatever it is. He has to learn how to deal with situations. He's already on the older side, since he missed the cut-off last year. I think I'm going to need more cooperation from the school though.

GG, how cool that you got to meet Alton!! I love him!! What on earth did you talk to him about? Cooking? Motorcycles??

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..getting ready for work...and don't really want to go this morning.

Lauren- i just told him i loved his shows, and he said thanks and he told me that the jacket i was trying on looked good on me...mainly small talk...i was sort of awestruck LOL

alright all...off to work!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning my peeps!

Well... today is weigh day and the good news is that I don't have to spend 15 minutes updating all of my tickers and the bad news is that I don't have to spend 15 minutes updating all of my tickers because I didn't lose an ounce this week!!! I am exactly the same as last week.

I guess after that nice 2.4 loss last week, my body needs some time to catch up. It's OK, I'll just keep on going and I'm sure I'll have some nice results in the weeks ahead.

LBH... so sorry about Peter. Kids can be so tough sometimes. Things will work out. You'll see.

GG... I've never heard of the guy you met but he must be well-known. I don't watch too much of the cooking channel except Iron Chef. Glad you had the opportunity!!

OK everyone... here's wishing a fab saturday to all!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Lauren, your son will sort himself out on his own schedule. You're doing the right thing by just being encouraging. The school does need to understand, though.

DD is 11. Yesterday, she made Jell-O. Today I am going to teach her to BBQ chicken, and she will make a noodley dish from a package. We don't eat packages very often, this is kind of to teach her to follow directions.

This just occurred to me yesterday: When I make a cake from scratch, it turns out very firm, but when I make a cake mix, it is tender. Is this because I use all-purpose flour? I should use cake flour! D'oh!!

Sadly, my health and sanity are in dire troubles!! I went to Tim's last night to get DD a bagel after she went swimming, and ordered an English Toffee Capp, because they never have them although they are on all their menus, and I like to stir up trouble (they falsely advertize!) I haven't had an English Toffee Capp since I moved to Newfoundland last summer!! The staff always say the truck comes next Wednesday. Then I complain. I have never asked for free stuff, but this time I was going to ask for a free small coffee to heal my heartache. Guess what? No, really. Guess. They Freakin' had it!! At the Tim's right by my house! Now I can go and order a half-coffee, half-toffee TWENTY-FOUR HOURS A DAY!!! Gasp, gasp!

Coffee is my weakness. The other 2 coffee Giants (with espresso coffees and whip cream and stuff) are in the city, so I only get one like once a month, and I make it sugar free, skim. But here, so close... I must be strong! I must!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin'!!!

Lauren ~ have fun today. It's so nice to get out all by yourself and sounds like you need it. We have the most incredible GoodWill here and it's one of my favorite places to go. I get name brand clothes for my family there all of the time. It's funny as I can afford to buy new clothes but I've gotten into the habit of going there before hitting a department store. I find things all of the time that still have the price tags on it. I am *amazed* by all of the beautiful dress clothes that I find. You might want to check out in your local area for some work clothes. Also, all will work out fine with Peter. Liam had a rough start in Kindergarten too. It's a big adjustment but once Peter gets used to the new schedule/teachers, he'll be ok. One thing that I would suggest is to make use of e-mail! Liam's classroom/Resource teachers and I e-mail all of the time and everyone benefits from the constant source of open communication. His teachers work overtime with Liam and I know that much of it has to do with my being so supportive of them. Hang in there Chickie and enjoy your alone time...

GG ~ Now I'm curious about Alton Brown. I have no idea who he is. How cool though that he complimented your choice of jacket. I want to see a picture of you in your new biking duds. Have you already started taking the new bike back and forth to work?

Valerie ~ you've been losing steadily so it's great to see you not stressing out about no loss this week. Man, I love your attitude!!! You are in this for the long haul and you should feel darn proud of yourself. Enjoy your weekend.

We have no plans for the weekend (yeah!). It's been so busy since school started that it feels really good just to have an "off" weekend. I hope that everyone has an excellent weekend ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Kori ~ we were posting at the same time. You are such a troublemaker!! Too funny. I LOVE coffee too. That English Toffee Capp sounds wonderful. Shouldn't be too bad w/ skim milk and sugar free?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Sadly, the English Toffee Cappuccino comes out of a hot-chocolate machine, and it's pre-mixed. FULL of sugar. That's why I ask for it half 'n half w/coffee. I'm likely better off to go to the other place that makes it for me with skim and sugar-free syrup. Sigh.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. I've been glued to the TV and CNN.com for news of Ike today/last night. I'm from TX originally. I lived in downtown Houston for a year while I was in school and have been to Galveston many times. It was heartbreaking to see all the destruction.

GG: How totally awesome that you met AB!! We adore him! We are Tivo'ing Feasting On Waves. We missed the first episode but luckily it is showing again tomorrow so we will get to see it.

OK guys, we are off to Day Out With Thomas tomorrow so most likely I will not be around. These tend to be l-o-n-g days. Hopefully we will not get on each other's nerves! Have an awesome Sunday.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i'm exhausted...bad day at work...lost a patient at the end of day...despite my best effortz. Such is life.

as for those who don't know who Alton brown is...he has several programs on foodnetwork..but what he's most known for is Good eats. Its a program where he cooks, but he also explains the science behind everything...its a major geek factor knowledge show..i think that's why i like him. He's geeky in a good way.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Lauren, did you get anything good yesterday?

I've been sick to my stomach for a few days now and am feeling BLAH! Just wanted to check in and say hey to everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying thier weekend!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

'lo guys. I am exhausted. We took the kids to Day Out With Thomas and it was a very frustrating experience. The directions were horrid and we spent 1/2 hour trying to figure out where we were supposed to be. Once we got there Cass was a handful. We walked all over the place, toting Cass most of the time. I'm ready for bed!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6

Hey guys...

been super busy lately, and haven't been here in a few days. Everything's pretty good, eating is kinda bad...not terrible, but then it doesn't have to be terrible for me. All it takes is a few minor slips & I gain. Not fair.

Anyway, back on the ball tomorrow. I have been getting my walk/jog in every AM, but it doesn't make a difference unless I really pay attention to my food choices.

Hope you are all well. Gonna go back over the last few days & read. Will get on tomorrow for sure!!

Hugs,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Hey,everyone! I haven't been on the boards in months and I realized I really missed it! Hope everyone is doing good.
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
Karen I agree with you it is very sad what is going on in TX with Ike, it is so devastating, my heart goes out to everyone there.

GG you are only human, it is ok to lose it every ones in a while, you are alway so busy! I don' t know how you do it!

Alicia I hope you feel better.

Lauren

Joan it is good to have a no plans weekend! did you relax?

Kori I am with you, I can't stand bad customer service

Pam you are always so busy, do you have a down time? Lol!

Valerie!

Well it was over all a good weekend. Friday DS and I felt pretty crabby, Saturday I woke up very tired and I had to get up and ready to go to a Bar Mitzva, I almost didn't go, but I am so glad I did, it was wonderful, the boy did a great job reading off the Torah, then I came home and took a nap, I had to take a shower in the afternoon to get refreshed and go to the reception, it was beautiful and my friend's family is wonderful, the grandma of the boy, my friend's mother in law wrote a poem for the boy when he was born and she read it when the boy was circumcised 13 yrs ago, she read it last night at the reception it was os beautiful she had the entire room in tears. We had to leave right after dinner DS was not feeling well. It was a shame to leave it was so great!
Today DS and I stayed home all day, he was not feeling well, and I started having a tooth ache, it was pretty bad, I didn't want to take anything for it, but I had to I was in so much pain I called a friend of mine who is a dentist and he suggested I took a Vicodine if I had it, it is just kicking in. I am going to lala land! I hate this feeling but the pain is worst so it is worth it.
I need to be up early in the morning tomorrow, we have our first appointment with Social Security to apply for SSI for DS
I am going to bed, I will see you tomorrow!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote