Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 03:31 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at Home Mom's #55

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #54 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny
Old 07-25-2002, 03:39 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Sorry that I will not have time to leave a lot of personal replies now (carry over from the previous thread), but I did want to start a new thread for everyone. This week has been busy- trying to get back to normal (whatever that is) after vacation. And Ds has a basketball clinic all week, so there is a lot of drving back and forth to that. I can't seem to get my eating locked in- I find myself sliding back into all sort of nasty habits that will put weight back on for sure.
I start out each day hoping to stay op.........and seem to fail by mid morning. The only bright spot is that I get my walk in daily. Somebody kick me in the tail please!!!!

I wonder where Jackie is!! We miss you!!
Great to hear from Latisia- who was MIA for a while, but showed up at the end of thread #54. Michele, you still battling chicken pox? I feel for you. Mel had a whopping weight loss to report (24#!!!!)gosh we are proud of you.
Karen, Spryng, Sassy.....gosh I do not mean to forget you, I just had better scoot and finish cleaning this messy family room (took a quick computer break). I hope to get back on later. Forgive me if I missed you!
Ginny
Old 07-25-2002, 06:08 PM   #3  
One day at a time.

Hello!

Been running the roads today, needed an oil change and had to have my tires rotated too! Well, I get to Sears to have my tires done, thinking I'd just get my oil change there too, THEY DON'T DO OIL CHANGES! BLAH!! So I had to got to Wal-mart, not that I mind that but the kids were wanting to come home! Ds isn't bad in stores but nephew is a baby about it! So it wasn't much fun! Then I took them to the music store to look around, they have games and books too! I ended up with a couple new CD's, but I'll tell Dh they're for his Birthday, since I haven't got him anything yet. I don't know why I worry about it, he hasn't gotten me anything either and mine was in May! MEN!!!! Errrrrr.........

Thank you Karen and Ginny for the pat on the back, I can't tell you how wonderful I feel, even though I still have a long way to go!

Sassy, I hope you got in a nap! I could use one too, but I have no time today! You sound like me going rounds with the PC, I lost something on here last night, and still haven't found it!

I guess I'm gonna run get dinner going! Talk to y'all soon!
Old 07-26-2002, 09:04 AM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!!
Melissa- sounds as though you had a busy day. Don't you wish that cars could take care of their own ills????? Tough getting stuff like that done with kids. As for me, I could live in Walmart...the kids joke about it (because the local supermarket has such high prices and treat customers rudely that I drive 30 min to get to Walmart). But back on to you.....you are doing great with the weight loss! What an inspiration to us all! It does not matter if you have 20 or 200 pounds to lose, losing 24# is an accomplishment, and a major one at that. Keep looking ahead, and keep smiling! And congrats again!

As for me, I got my walk in this am- and am on my second huge glass of water. I had a diet yogurt for breakfast, and 2 cups of tea (no sugar, skim milk). For those of you who have known me for a while, I do best when I get on and post in the morning and log in what I eat. Keeps me accountable. (so thanks for putting up with the boredom of reading this).

Today I am off to watch Ds's last day of B-ball camp, with a stop enroute at Walmart and Home Depot. Dd wants a ride to today to meet a friend at the mall.....so another busy day. Fortunately, I did not have to rush out of the house this am and can let both Dds sleep.......(my 6 year old was so grumpy yesterday from getting rushed around so much).

Sassy- did you get that nap in?
Michele- I see that you are online (showed up on the previous thread) are you still in the throes of chicken pox? I remember somewhere around days 4-5 as being the worst, and then the pox started to heal, fevers went down and the kids started to feel better.

Well, gotta go!!!! Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 07-26-2002, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all.
Mellisa, congrats on your weight loss!! 24#'s!! That's fabulous. Keep up the good work! Can you tell me again what diet plan you are on?? Obvioulsy it is working
Well ladies, things are still stressed out here. My eating is still really bad. But I'm going to hold myself accountable. I'm weighing in a few minutes to see exactly where I stand and then I have a plan of action. I stocked up on fruit and vegetables and that's what I am doing for the next few days. Fruit for breakfast AND lunch and then a healthy dinner with lots of veggies. This should jump start my metabolism again, and I WILL get on my bike today for as long as my poor body can hande. I rented Crossroads with Britney Spears last night and I plan to use that as motivation. She has a great body (not that I want hers) but it should inspire me to do something about mine. Whenever I read fashion magazines or things like that the models in them always inspire me to lose weight and I get a renewed motivation. Not that I ever want to be that skinny but slim would be nice, and toned.
Well, I have alot to do today so I need to get off here. Sorry I haven't really wrote any personal replies in a while. I feel so selfish. But I promise that as soon as things settle down around here I will.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:02 AM   #6  
One day at a time.

Morning!

Well ladies, last night I started writing in a journal to help keep me focused, and I think it's going to be really good for me! Each day I'll write about how I'm feeling, and how my attitude is also, that way when I start getting down again I can just look back at my journal and try to get re-motivated! I'm also going to set daily goals, and that way when I go back to journal I'll have to hold myself accountable if it doesn't get done!

Thanks Ginny and Spryng for making my day! I'm on Weight Watchers points program, I started on 6/11/02 and I'm getting close to my 10% goal already! I love the plan, it's so easy because you can have anything as long as it's in your points range! My mom and sister are even OP and Ds has lost 22 lbs. in 3 months and Dm has lost 10 lbs. in 4 weeks! My SIL is also OP and has lost the same as me, but she's been OP longer than me. Her WI was last night, so I need to check in to see how she did!
I really feel, for the first time ever, that this is a plan that I can stick with!

Spryng, I hope that things settle down for you soon! We like to hear you happy, and full of energy! Until then, take care!

Ginny, sounds like we would get along fine, I love to shop! Wal-mart and Home depot are right up my alley! Have fun!

As for me, I just finished a mile on the treadmill, and Later I'm going to do my WATP tape! I don't know what we're doing today, but I can bet it wont be outside in this heat! I keep telling the boys I'm going to take them to a movie, so maybe we'll finally get to that? Right now I need to go get more water down, YUCK!

Y'all have a good day!
Old 07-26-2002, 11:26 AM   #7  
Searching for Motivation

Good morning

Well I'm gonna keep this short cause I hate to lose another post and then be all frutrated about it, so here it goes....

Ginny - what a busy life you seem to have - always running somewhere, doing something. Do you ever get the chance to take a break from it all? I hope you get some time to yourself soon.

Mel - 24# is amazing! I'm so happy for you and you inspire me to work harder on my own plan. Running errands with kids can sometimes be the hardest job a mom has to do but it sounds like you survived it ok. Hope your car's back to running smoothly.

Spryng - good for you on the fruits and veggies! I hear ya about the magazines - why can't those women look more like us rather than the other way around? Sounds like your attitude is positive about them thought and that's what's important. I hope your personal issues are working themselves out - just remember we're all here for you.

Misty, Jackie, Karen, Sinnrah, Latisia, and anyone I may have missed - hope you're all doing well and hope to hear from yall soon.

As for me, sigh...., well, I've been pretty bad in the eating dept. lately. Actually this whole month has been pretty terrible as far as eating goes. I made choc. chip oatmeal cookies earlier in the month and pretty much ate them all myself (no joke - double batch too ). Then Wed. night made tacos and really overdid it then and last night with the leftovers. I could not stop eating the guacamole dip with chips - I ate them, like, all day long! How bad is that for me anyway? I've always thought avacados were high in something (fat? - I dunno). Anyway, bad eating month for sure!

As far as exercize goes, I'm still doing it 6 days/week and yesterday I finally took my measurements. This way in a month, I can compare what I've lost. I was so tired yesterday, but I forced myself to do my kickboxing workout and I made it through, I just don't think I gave it my best effort. I never did get that nap in - too much other stuff to do.

I do have a completely unrelated question for all you moms out there: How do you get your kids to stop interrupting you/others and each other. It is my biggest pet peeve and I can't seem to break them of it. They don't do it to be disrespectful, they are just so excited to say what's on their mind - before they forget it, they tell me! They are 6 and 4. Any suggestions or tricks would be great.

Have a great day ladies!! Talk to you soon
Old 07-26-2002, 11:50 AM   #8  
One day at a time.

Sassy, when you figure it out, let me know! Cause my Ds can be down right rude when he wants to be! Good job with your exercise tape!
My truck is fine, just maintanence that had to be done! Well we're off to see Austin Powers today, BBL!
Old 07-26-2002, 12:10 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

Sassy - your kids are the same ages as mine!! DS is 6 (well will be in about a month) and DD is 4! If you find a way, let me know. I am so tired of reminding them that I am on the phone or talking to dad or anything. UGH!

Dont dispair about your month! You are doing one thing right and that is exercise! Take it one day at a time! I have read Oprah's book, making the connection, and Use the 10 steps in there every day. # 10 is daily renewal! Forget what yesterday brought (or even this month) and start fresh today! You can change things one day at a time!

Mel - WW is an Awesome Plan isnt it? I lost 56 pounds on it in 1999 and was using the plan up until last year. For my life style counting points for the rest of my life is just not feasible. But making healthy choices is the thing I learned from it! So I still think it is awesome! And you are doing an awesome job!! If I can help, let me know!

Spyrng - I am sorry you are still stressed! I wish I could help take it away, but alass stress is part of life isnt it? I know I have more than my share! LOL Good job on getting stocked up on your fruits and veggies! You can do it! Remember Daily Renewal!

ECmom - I LOVE WAL-MART too! I wish ours had the grocery section though! But It has an extensive yarn section... so I am happy with that! Good for you getting your exercise in already! I need to start getting myself back into getting up before the kids and on the treadmill then... My day always goes much better with the morning exercise already taken care of!!

I had a pretty good day yesterday! I finallly took the kids to lunch at Taco Time for their free tacos. Do you have them out your way? they are like Taco Bell only FRESHER and Lower in fat and calories! I had the Southwest Chop salad which is Black beans, FF Refried beans, Corn, Choped Grilled Chicken breast, Shredded Monetery Jack Cheese, Letucce and tomato. It comes with dressing and chips but I gave the kids the chips and only had 1 TBSP of the dressing on the salad. It has 28 grams of protein so I did pretty darn good with that one!!

Didnt get on the tread mill. I dont know if I shared this with you all, but I am getting ready to self publish my first Crochet Patern Leaflet! So yesterday was working on my updating my website and getting promotional materials ready. Boy, I am learning a LOT!

Well, I am off to get breakfast ready for the kids! And me! I am hungry for cooked oatmeal this morning! It is really chilly here in Western WA!

Hope all have a great day. I will be back later!
Old 07-26-2002, 01:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Gals!

I'm sorry I haven't posted too much lately. Between my computer being on the blink with the monitor stuck in the "off" mode & can't seem to get it to turn on & my DH's laptop traveling with him, not much of a chance to view/much less post! I've also been busy traveling with family & friends the last couple of weeks. Over the weekend we went camping with the family & another couple. On Tuesday we went to Six Flags/Great America in Gurnee,IL. I guess I can say that I got my share of exercise in. We were at the park from opening til closing & then some! So...12.5 hours on my feet were enough exercise for me!! I did pretty good with food choices while there. I packed several coolers full of food, drinks & plenty of water. We went out to the car for a late lunch & several times to go retrieve water & drinks. I refuse to pay theme park prices for the majority of the food & beverages. We did splurge & ordered a pizza at Firehouse Pizza, which is located on the grounds. I had one piece & a few bites of my dd's & thats it! An update about me: I went to the doctor this a.m. for my med check & lost a pound since I was there a month ago. Not much of a loss, but better than a gain I guess! Mel: Congrats on the 24# loss! I give you credit to keep on losing during the summer break from school. I've gained back 7 of the 16# that I lost between Easter & Memorial Day. I guess the weigh-in at the Doc's this a.m., has put me back in perspective again. If I'd only dust off the recumbant bike & hop on it, some of the weight probably would come off. We have company coming tomorrow, so I'll be a sweatin' away cleaning & organizing around the house & that should help some. Ginny: I'm sorry that I was MIA for awhile. I'll try & post more regularly for the next week & after that-it's time for a weeks vacation in the "Northwoods". We are renting a cabin/cottage on a chain of 5 lakes. I can't wait to be there!! Spryng: I'm sorry to hear that things are hectic for you again. Please feel free to contact me if you need a shoulder to lean on, okay? Are you still planning on the family trip the first week in August yet?
Congrats on eating your fruits & veggies, as I know this is a challenge for you! How's the peddlin' coming along? Sassy: Your question referred to kids interupting: It's a hard habit to break & occaisionally...I get over-anxious & do it myself! Not a good example for my kids,huh? Well--I'm not as bad as them & what I do for them is give them warnings & consequences. Once they get 3 strikes, they're out & have to suffer the consequences! Some of the consequences are: No friend over for the kid that interupted & if both kids are fighting & interupting me while I'm on the phone... no fun day trips planned 'til the following week! Smaller consequences are: No T.V., computers,gameboys & the like & activity is replaced with extra chores around the house. Karen/Crochet: Good luck with you publishing your crochet pattern & getting your website updated! I'd love to take the time out to learn more about crocheting. I can chain-stitch, but that's about all I took time to learn. Well gals-I'm going to sign-off on this thread & go over & read the old one. Hopefully I'll be able to respond to the rest of you after reading it. Have a great weekend,everyone!TTFN
Old 07-26-2002, 03:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Boy I keep forgetting to use the old "post reply" button on new threads or I don't recieve any email alerts!!! So I'm basically checking in to do that so that I know when one of you posts.
My day is going ok. My DH brought home fried burritos for lunch from the local gas station (not the healthiest of foods) and I ate two and a half. But I did get in my fruit this morning (stomch is kinda upset, guess it's been away from fruit too long, has to re-adjust) so I plan to make it up tonight with fruit for dinner instead of lunch and count the burritos as my main meal today. I still have yet to get on the bike but I am promising myself that I will do it.
Mel you really helped me. I do my best when I write in a diet journal also and I haven't done it in over a week. So starting today I will also keep track of what I eat, my exercise, and my thoughts on the day. That way I can hold myself accountable too. Oh and by the way I weighed in and saw that I had gained two lbs. Not as much as I thought but enough to tell me to stop. I'm going to try really hard to be good the rest of the day
See you ladies later!!
Old 07-26-2002, 04:05 PM   #12  

Hello Girls! Ginny, you caught me! I was on earlier reading the posts. Tryng to keep up with everyone. Dd had the puppies in the house so I had to hurry and help her. She's been so sick and hasn't been able to play with them outside so I let her bring them in and snuggle them awhile. Pet therapy! Her spirits are alot better now. Yesterday was her 3rd birthday. Poor kid. She was a real trooper tho. We baked a cake and made paper hats, streamers and all. She was happy but still sick. They are getting a bit better. I'm glad you mentioned the 4-5 days. I was wondering. I'm 27 and never had the chicken pox. I've been exposed many times. The doc said I must be immune. Anyhow, Glad you are getting your walk in and OP for today. WTG. Spryng sorry to hear about the stress. I'm here for you anytime. And good luck with the fruit and vegis. Jackie so good to hear from you. Sounds like you have been really busy. That's great. Sorry to hear about the weight gain tho. But I'd bet you are right as soon as you dust off the bike and get on it will come off. Karen, we don't have that taco place out here. But we are pretty limted. We do have Taco bell, don't eat there much tho. Congrat's on the crochet pattern. That is very impressive! Mel, WTG with the weight loss. That is so fantastic. I have a friend who did the WW and is a member for live now. Keep it up hun! Sassy we all have those moments. Like someone else said, one step at a time. Tomorrow is new. Geesh you'd flip if you knew what I ate yesterday! I've already told on myself. Being Dd's birthday I had cake and ice cream and corn dogs and onion rings... Oh I really over did it! I feel for you hun I really do. Oh and Ginny I'm the same as you I drive totally out of my way also to shop the super walmart. Our market here has the worst produce and the girls that work there have no mannors. You wouldn't believe it. Sometime I wonder who is raising these children? Well, it's time to put more calimine on the girls. Everyone have a great day! And weekend too!
Old 07-27-2002, 06:06 AM   #13  

You all are wonderful!! Thanks for the welcomes everyone, I am doing more looking than writing right now, still getting settled in, but im gonna be writing more shortly!! I was kinda stressed coming here myself, had lost a few pounds in route, but im scared to find out how the past week has gone, Im not giving up though, i think getting settled in, was quite an extreme on my schedule! I missed yaal too, and am glad to be back, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and I will be back again soon. take care
Old 07-27-2002, 11:27 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!
This is going to be kind of short and fragmented, I am trying to respond and also watch the news about those miners trapped in Pennsylvania. How awful- my prayers are with them and their families. Dh had it right when I asked him if he thought that they were still alive or not. His response was that this country could use some good news (post 9/11, and all the economic troubles).
So, I watch and type at the same time.

Jackie- gee, I hope that you did not think I was chastising you for not posting! (sorry if I came off that way ). I was just concerned, that is all. And glad to hear that you are ok! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Good for you!!! And WTG on losing a pound. Better down than up!

Michele- good to hear from you too!! (sorry, I caught ya the other day!) Sounds like you are surviving the chicken pox- and must be on the downhill side of it. Are you going to get the vaccine for it? It is dangerous for an adult to get chicken pox- I do not mean to second guess your Dr- I am just concerned for your health. And a belated happy bday to your Dd, chicken pox and all!!!!! BTW- if you can't find that Celestial Seasonings tea, they have an 800# and do sell over the phone. Not sure about a web site (in reference to that herbal iced tea).

Spryng- Mel did us all a favor mentioning the journal. That is one of the keys to keeping on WW, and it really does help!!!! Hang in there. You have done great before losing and will do so again! In a way it is good that you gained 2 # (does everyone think I am nuts????) enough to give you a gentle kick in the right direction but not too much to get off!!!

Sassy- what is it, something in the air with problems eating??? (Me too!). Good for you, getting in your workouts! Even if the eating is not "op"- at least getting excercise in is doing some good for you! Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough sleep ( you were hoping for a nap the other day). I know that I stress eat - or just can't resist food as easily when I am tired.
Gotta take care of yourself, ok? Oh, my 6 yr old is a blabber mouth (takes after her momma, I am afraid) and she interrupts.
After many, many tries, I have told her that what she has to say is important to me, but that I will NOT listen until there is a natural break in the conversation. When she barges in, I hold up my index finger (very discreetly so I do not look like a fool)- which tells her that I know she has to tell me something- and that she must wait for her turn. It has taken awhile (and some tears from someone who did not want to wait) but she is learning to hold her thought. Dunno if that helps you!!

Latisia- get settled in soon and stop back and visit again! Hope your relocation is going smoothly.

Karen, you busy lady!! I love Walmart's craft/sewing section too.
I just found out that they have crochet cotton too! Although I still will have to go to AC Moore for the burgundy/navy colors I need for my kitchen. I need more to make a potholder from a new pattern that I just got! I hear ya too, it is so much easier to get the work out in before the kids get up. I will have to get back into that schedule, another heat wave is coming east, and this beautiful weather we have had- cool, dry and with a light breeze- is going. Glad that you had a good day with your eating!
How is Oprah's book? Are you finding it helpful?

Well, I need some sleep. No walk today, but I did a bit better with my eating. I hope that this week goes a bit more slowly.
Life is just too hectic here........
Have a great nite!! Drink your water!
And for someone who said this was going to be short, I can sure blabber on and on.................
Ginny
Old 07-28-2002, 02:21 AM   #15  
One day at a time.

Hi there!

Yes we're having a late night tonight! Dh is outside trying to get the poison spread out on the yard for the hornets! And I'm doing a little cleaning and a little exercising too! I didn't really meet my daily goal today, but I am trying! Yesterday I actually met my daily goal and exceeded it! I ran and walked 2 miles on my treadmill, before the treadmill started acting up! And I also drank all of my water yesterday too, but today I was a little short.

I have been journaling for the last few days, and I have to admit that I thought it wasn't going to be a big deal, but I love it! I find myself looking forward to getting into bed and grabbing my notebook, it's really been good for my attitude and motivation!

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well, and friends are all making there way back here! You're all such a great bunch and I've enjoyed the time I spend here! This is a really big deal for me, and it's nice to have someone to share the journey, and I want to thank you all again for making me feel so good about what I've done! Thank you !!!

I guess I better get busy again, before Dh finds me playing while he's working!

G'nite

Last edited by mel17; 07-28-2002 at 02:23 AM.
Closed Thread