Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default OT - A Romance Novel GONE BAD!

I'm soooo sad these days!!! My close friend was together with the love of her life for about 10 years; the last 3 of those she was diagnosed with a severe form of Multiple Sclerosis, not just paralysis but difficulties in swallowing, speaking, breathing, everything. Doctors gave her a short time to live. She told LOHL (love of her life) that he had to go, she didn't want him wasting his life, he had to move on. It took 2 years, but he finally did it. Flash forward a year to now. She had a bone marrow/stem cell transplant overseas, and SHE'S FINE!! I'm sobbing as I type this! Not just can speak and breathe, but she's WALKING and FINE!! I'm sooooo happy.

THEN she contacted LOHL, he was ecstatic for her, thrilled beyond belief, BUT he's met someone, and he can't leave the new love for an old one. He said it took him over a year, but he finally let her go, and moved on. So even tho the LOHL for 10 years is OK now, he's staying with this new girl of 8 months. I'm utterly broken hearted for her. She's the happiest she's ever been, knowing she's going to LIVE, but her heart is destroyed.

Thanks for listening. I need a hug I have a ridiculously simplistic view of relationships I know LOL, but i expect things to work out like in books/movies. He should dump new girls *** LOL, i mean seriously ??? 8 months??? sigh....

Last edited by Trazey34; 09-10-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Oh, Trazey. My heart breaks for her.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #3  

That's very sad (happy she's healthy!!) -- I have to take his side though -- I dated someone for quite a while, he "moved on" and broke my heart. About a year later I met someone (now my husband of 11 years/two kids). I was contacted my the old boyfriend after I started dating my husband.

It definitely took a while, but the feelings just weren't there anymore for the "old" one. I will always care for him, but I just fell out of love with him. When someone gives you have no choice but to move on, I guess you just do.

I believe everything happens for a reason and I bet she meets someone who makes her amazingly happy.

Last edited by shelby897; 09-10-2008 at 08:49 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

BF does have a problem, he is damned no matter what he does. I am hoping your GF gets over him and meets someone really great.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

That is very sad. I would also take his side on it. It is incredibly difficult to move on and I imagine that he was heart broken. Once you move on though, I think you need to close that door and unlock the next. You can't really look back to the past because it is just that.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

you guys are right of course - when are 3FC babes NOT right?? -- I'm hoping she'll meet someone amazing and her 2nd life can begin!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #7  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

OH MY GOD! SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm sorry. I dont EVER hear such amazing stories of people with progressive MS. I hear the chemo ridden, bird and rat poisen, trial drug lab rat stories)

SHE'S WALKING!!! THAT'S SO WONDERFUL!!

But I'm so sorry to hear that he's moved on. atleast she has a friend like you that cares so much.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #8  
committed

S/C/G: 299/147/120

Height: 5'2"

I can't help but think that if she was the love of his life, he would have never left, but would have stayed and been there for her. Even though she told him to move on. Regardless. If you truly love someone, you put their welfare above your own, as she did. He chose to leave and move on. She can do better than that one.

I'm so sorry for her pain, and so glad for her recovery.

Last edited by piper10; 09-10-2008 at 09:46 PM.
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #9  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

OMG! Call Nicolas Sparks! No, don't do that... he is a bloody awful writer. But awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe. I am just so entranced that she goes overseas, gets the treatment she needs and is better now. What an amazing story. No, you know what as much as I hate to say it, if he really loved her then he would have spent every minute of his life that he could have with her. Was he brave to stay that long, yeah, but love never leaves. I ghost write books for a part time job, and if she ever needs someone to dictate to- have her call me. I can type when crying!
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote