Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 01:33 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Talapia ideas

Not sure if I'm spelling the name of this fish correctly; but does anyone have any good recipes using it?
Old 07-20-2002, 02:58 PM   #2  

Wink Recipe for Tilapia

Here is a recipe that I have for Tilapia. It is 5 points per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sauteed Tilapia Fillets with Lime

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Fish

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
3 tablespoons flour
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 green onion -- chopped

Rinse the fish and pat dry. Put the flour on a plate and season it with salt and pepper. Dredge the fillets in the flour, patting to remove excess. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, wine, lime juice and butter, then set aside. Heat the oil in a 10 to 12 inch frying pan over medium high heat. Add the fillets without overlapping. Cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and cook until opaque through the thickest part, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer the fish to a platter and keep warm; cover with foil or place in a 200F oven. Add the wine mixture to pan and boil, scraping up cooked bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the onions and heat on low about 30 seconds. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve. Serves 4.
5 points

I hope you enjoy it.

Sandi
Old 07-25-2002, 10:04 PM   #3  
mlg

Angry

I take a talapia and sprinkle some essence by Emeril on both sides and grill it in George Forman Grill. I then put it in my salad along with lettuce, tomatoes, edamame (japanese vegetable made of soy it's great) this takes about an hour or more to eat and is great.
Closed Thread