Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #1  
Token Short Girl

Default Office snacks?

What are good snacks to have in an office? Food that won't lose quality if I get sidetracked for a few minutes working on something, but isn't bad for me, either. This is probably going to be my guide for dorm-room/college class snacks, too!
kellyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

I keep a resealable bag of raw nuts (usually almonds or walnuts) in my desk drawer and have been known to carry a bag in my purse if I'm going to an amusement park or someplace where I'm not familiar with what kinds of "snacks" will be available. Nuts are pretty high in calories so you do have to be really careful not to overdo. My favorite is hardboiled eggs - but they should be kept cold so that's only good if you can carry a lunchbag with blue ice in it. Those individual string cheeses are pretty handy too. Or, that tuna that comes in a pouch instead of a can - you wouldn't want to leave it sitting open for hours but a minute or two won't make it go bad (no dressing on it though but you could squeeze a little lemon on there if you don't like plain tuna)
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #3  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Dried fruit. YUMMY
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I bring grapes, Mrs.'s May Trio bars, white part of egg.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #5  
Token Short Girl

Freeze-dried fruits are supposed to be good, right? I only ask that because our parent company is one of the largest freezedryers in the western hemisphere and I have easy access to freezedried fruit...
Old 09-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

oooh, hook me up with some freeze dried fruit! I love the stuff, but it's sooo spendy!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #7  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I also love freezedried fruit, hinthint kellyfoo... What about oatmeal, 100 cal packs of popcorn, RAISINS and CRAISINS, cups of apple sauce/fruit, etc?
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:17 AM   #8  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i do the fruit and applesauce cups, fruit leather, nuts, and bars like FiberOne or Nurtagrain. I also have an emergency Tuna lunch kit in my drawer for when i get super hungry or if i try out a new frozen lean cuisine or something and it turns out to be a dud.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #9  
Token Short Girl

Man, I'm really craving some mandarin oranges....I could use a cup of those right now. Maybe I'll go raid the sample drawer and see if I can find me some freezedried pineapple in a bit...

Since it's my last day in the office they threw a party for me and had an awesome fruit tray.

I've also found that I really like raisins sweetened with natural lime juice. I normally hate raisins lol It's amazing what a little dash of something or another can do...
Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #10  
Token Short Girl

ALSO, QUESTION:

Tuna. I've always hated the smell/look of it. However, every time I've seen it, it's normally mixed with mayo/miracle whip, which I also hate. If I get natural, water-packed tuna without any addatives/flavorings/dressing, how different is the taste from salmon? Is it really as gross-fishy as I've always thought?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #11  
99 lbs. Gone!

Meal replacement bars (Odwalla Choco-walla and Banana are my fave), frappucino fixings (I make my own), 100 calorie packs, and Goobers.

Last edited by ToutDeSuite; 09-06-2008 at 11:39 AM.
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

I DESPISE tuna that's mixed with any form of mayo because I DESPISE mayo. I think tuna packed in WATER is really pretty good, don't get the stuff packed in oil not only because it's bad for you but because it makes it smell and taste even fishier. Yuck. I like flaked, drained tuna on bread with a little cheese on top broiled. Yummy snack and not too high cal. Tuna is also a good source of low-fat protein, so try some and see if you like.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #13  
I feel GREAT!

S/C/G: 228/145/135

I eat fruit for my snacks during the day. I try to look as fruit as a treat. New outlook really helps! Like I bring cantalope, strawberries, nectarines, grapes, I also like to pack those fruit chillers, and little Dole fruit cups.
thatgirl1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:12 AM   #14  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i love the fruit chillers! I'm glad we have a freezer at work. its great when its hot out and you want ice cream or something sweet and cold... and it takes a while to eat it so it's very satisfying.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote