Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 AM   #1  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

Default p90x videos

i saw in some of the postings that some people ordered and got the videos 3-4 weeks ago.
how is everyone doing with these videos?
the info commerical looks motivating, but i didn't see one overweight person on it. i saw out of shape, needing to tone up people.
thanks
holly
holly0660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:06 AM   #2  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Holly:
That's the same thing I thought. The infomercial only showed slightly out of shape users - ex-jocks and former military personnel types. I'd be interested to know if anyone seriously overweight / obese has ordered these DVD's and used them.

Good post. Thanks.
One Fluffy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #3  

Hello,

P90X is not a weight loss program is a body toning and conditioning program, true you can lose weight doing it, if your diet is clean but to get the kind of results in the infomercial, you would need to do several rounds of it.

P90 is the weight loss system and it is recommended that you start there before attempting P90X.

~Reesy
Independent Team Beachbody Coach
Reesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:28 PM   #4  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

thanks
holly
holly0660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to let you know too that Chalene from Turbo Jam is coming out with a system that looks similar to P90X called ChaLEAN Extreme. I didn't see all the pull-ups and such in the preview so it may be a little more "user-friendly" but still tough. I'm planning on getting it for Christmas, I think it comes out in November.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #6  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert View Post
Just wanted to let you know too that Chalene from Turbo Jam is coming out with a system that looks similar to P90X called ChaLEAN Extreme. I didn't see all the pull-ups and such in the preview so it may be a little more "user-friendly" but still tough. I'm planning on getting it for Christmas, I think it comes out in November.
yeah I thought that was supposed to be out in September but I haven't seen it in stores or even on infomercials yet?
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #7  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

My manager just got his p90x as soon as he starts it I'll let u know wat he things. He said it came with a bar that u have 2 put 2gether. Its used 4 pull ups I guess
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #8  

Started week 5 (phase two) of my P90x program yesterday. As some other people have mentioned, it is not a weight loss program - more for toning and strength training. I can see the definition in my body but not much weight loss. I find that you have to modify it to suit your needs - the nutrition or instruction manual (I forget which) states this very clearly.

I am looking to lose about 10 pounds so I have supplemented with extra cardio... I am beginning to see my weight shift along with the toning. I also reduced the calories because I felt I was eating too much. I reduced it drastically from the recommended number but found I had no energy to complete the workouts so I increased it again but I am still eating less than the recommended amount for my body weight and activity level. It was a lot of trial and error to find out what works for me but I feel I have achieved a good balance now.

I wouldn't recommend it for very overweight people - it is quite extreme and you have to be considerably fit to be able to complete enough of the exercises to get the benefit of the program.

Last edited by Amped; 10-13-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Amped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #9  

I've been through 2 rounds of P90X. It does indeed kick your butt, and it ain't easy!

I had a difficult time namely with any upper-body workouts. Being a former runner, the lower body stuff was challenging, but not impossible. The biggest obstacle for me during P90X was keeping the motivation to pop in the DVD early each morning. Each of the workouts is roughly 60 minutes, and some days require an additional 16 mins for the ab workout. Yoga X is a major pain at 1.5 hours! Don't get me wrong, Yoga X is relaxing, albeit challenging, but it challenges my attention span. Plyometrics is probably the most difficult workout of all in the series, but it's a blast and goes by quickly. Kenpo is fun, but if you've been into aerobic kickboxing in the past, you may find it a little to easy for your skill level.

If you're thinking about starting it, I recommend picking up a set of interchangeable weights. The key weights to keep on hand for most women are 8, 10, 12, and 15 lbs. "Lawnmower" pulls may require 20-25 lbs as you progress. I recommend using a pull up bar + chair (for support) instead of using the resistance band setup. You'll get more strength from the bar. Pull up bars aren't necessary, but do come in handy as you progress. A yoga mat is a must for both Yoga and the Ab Ripper.

One thing I noticed in progression through the workouts was very quick tone development in my triceps and thighs. These two areas get hit especially hard. You'll also see fast results in your biceps and shoulders.

I've fallen off the bandwagon due to some other things - moving - and would like to get back into P90X in a week when I'm settled down. I really can't recommend the program enough!
divinemisscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #10  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

My friend lent this program to my husband and I (since he couldnt handle it himself)... Its is EXTREME! My husband had to take alot of breaks on the Plyometrics, due to his heart rate going to high. He did fine on the back and shoulders though. My husbands been on a health and fitness kick since the new year started (made bets at work)--after excercising at the gym, modifying his diet, 3 weeeks in, then he started the P90X. This program is tough, but my husband looks great, and hes only done a week. I'll try and keep you posted.

I might try to stay on top of my plyometrics myself, as I would like to play voleyball this summer, and I really need to strengthen my body (mind you I couldnt even lift a 20lb weight--im such a wuss).
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote