Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 10:34 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Steel Magnolias #180

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

WOW this day went by fast. And the tread is 180 - just what I am doing 180. I did a 180 degree turn around and am going to lose a total of 180 pounds. Lot of 180's there. We were busy out running errands and getting some necessary fruits and veggies. Mr. Iron Monster showed me down 1.5 pounds this afternoon and Thin Within thanked him and will do another OP week.

BUBBLES that is sad to lose a child to cancer and have them go so quickly. My mother lost her youngest child that way a couple of years ago. My brother was 10 years younger then I. Good of you to go visit her for she needs good friends like you especially now.

GLORIA what a fun sounding block "do." I sure hope your son likes it there and can get work.

JEAN why not set out live traps for those kittens..... they do work. Like maybe under your porch.... And one for mamma and get her FIXED. Just a suggestion from someone who really does like cats.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:43 PM   #2  

Hi Flowers!!

Thanks for starting a new thread Maggie...and Congrats on the 1.5 loss!! You are doing so FANTASTIC!!!

I sat at the computer most of the day...a very interesting case...but my body wants to know if I'm ever going to move again! It has been overcast in the mornings here, so I haven't been swimming, but tomorrow...sun or clouds...I'm swimming!!

JEAN: Those kittens are keeping you busy., My SIL feeds about 15 ferrel cats! When they can catch them, a local vet will neuter or spay them for a nominal fee, but they just seem to keep coming!!

Bubbles: Hope you got "the dirt" rearranged to satisfaction!! So sad about the daughter with cancer...I think losing a child must be the ultimate tragedy. My heart goes out to her.

Gloria: Hey, neat neighbors!! Not only do they give great parties, but they invite you too!! They sound like a lot of fun! Hope your son gets the job...my son relocated back to the left coast after spending about 5 years on the East Coast. I LOVE having him back and near again!

Well Flowers...here's hoping you all have a great OP week!
Jackie
Old 07-23-2002, 08:16 AM   #3  
On my way to thin!

Good Morning Ladies,

Well, my struggle continues.... I had a couple so so days over the weekend. I'm still not writing things down like I used to but getting better. I get weighed tonight so I'll see how I did.

Maggie: Way to go, that 180 will be music to your ears before you know it. Keep it up.

Jackie: I wish I was going swimming with you. This is something else I've gotten away from. I think I'll make that my goal this week. Get to the gym to go swimming.

To everyone else on the last thread: Hello it's great reading your posts and I will respond when I have a bit more time.

For now it's time to get to work!

Brenda
Old 07-23-2002, 11:41 AM   #4  
Thin Within

Thumbs down TUESDAY my 18 point day.

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It got so cool last night I had thoughts of turning on my little space heater. OH my and it is in the middle of Summer but it sure makes it easy to sleep when it is nice and cool like that. Turn gets under the blankets and sure tickles my legs He loves to put a paw on my closed eyes also..... what a wonderful guy. I am sipping a wonderful one point cappuccino for starting this day. I will plan my meals and be OP this day.

COOKIE your body doesn't like you to marithon at that computer. I do that....when I am doing something real interesting or reading a good book I marithon it. Get out there and go swimming. THAT is what your body wants. Your cruise will be around in a jiffy.

BRENDA it will all come back to you. When it clicks and you start writing what you bite you won't want to quit. You will like that record you have. Little steps will get you there as surely as huge strides. Step by step we build our good habits. Habits to last us a lifetime. You will get there surely my dear friend.

Have a great OP day everyone on this TUESDAY.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:51 PM   #5  

Thumbs down

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood! We opened up the house last night and it was wonderful! DH even wore jeans on our walk this morning . . . not me, I wore my shorts and just enjoyed the cool air! I have accomplished nothing except to read the papers today. I left at 10 for coffee, then went out for lunch; it's much too late to start any projects now! I can pick my car up in a couple hours and then will head to WW. It's be a "ho hum" WW week so the iron monster will tell the tale, I guess.

Maggie -- CONGRATULATIONS on another loss! "Weigh" to go! I would catch Momma Cat in a heartbeat and have her spayed. However, there are days when I can't get within 6 feet of her, let alone catch her. DH and I both agreed that to try a net would absolutely traumatize her. After my $1200 cat bite 11 years ago, I am VERY cautious around stray cats! She wouldn't even come to the door when I first started putting food out. At least now she will peek in as if to say, "where's my food?" Some days I can pet her as she eats and other days, she backs up until I close the door and then she'll eat. Last summer our nonanimal-lover neighbor used a live trap because he was going to help me catch kittens. Yeah, right! Well, the cats and kittens were smarter than he was . . . he caught 3 possums and finally gave up. I ended up catching the kittens MY way, just like I told him I would! These kittens aren't staying together though, and I'm not so sure that they will ever tame down enough to catch them. Time will tell, I guess.

Jackie -- DH says that there is a neighborhood hotline that says, "go to Bennett's for food!" We live on the edge of town and I think we are a dumping ground for unwanted pets. It just makes me furious but so far I've been able to find homes for the tame ones. . .always cats, never dogs.

Brenda -- Good luck at WI tonight. This is "my" night too!

Guess I will unload the dishwasher so that I can show DH I really did do something today! I also found a pile of forgotten clothes yesterday and could get them in the washer. Have a nice "rest of the day!"

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-23-2002, 04:05 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Still TUESDAY

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Quiet in the flower patch this day. Hope everyone is doing a good OP day. We went to the market this morning to get some zucchini to make that Baked Zucchini yummy recipe and some Parmigiano Reggiano which is the very best of the Parmesan cheese family. Cowboy came out with something extra though... OH ~ how I love Foccacia bread and this loaf is Jalapeno Cheese and to die for. But my program isn't gong to die for it! When we got home I made a nice grilled chicken sandwich with a wedge of it and put the rest away! OH and it is so yummy - I could easily sit and eat the whole loaf.

I just got to thinking (no it didn't hurt )maybe you don't have that recipe and instead of waiting I will type it out here now.

BAKED ZUCCHINI
Serves 8 ~ 3 POINTS per serving
1 cup copped, peeled zucchini, pureed (1/2 cup after pureed)
1 (8-oz) carton egg substitute
2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup parmesean cheese (you know I use Parmigian Reggiano)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup reduced fat buttermilk baking mix

In a medium bowl, combine pureed zucchini, egg substitute, margarine, parsley, salt, pepper, and 6 tablespoons of the parmesean cheese; blend well. Stir in 3 cups diced zucchini and the onion. Add baking mix; mix well. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish which has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Spray with nonstick spray to lightly coat top. Bake at 350* for 35 to 45 minutes, till golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

I am going to serve it tonight with a grilled boneless pork loin chop and a green tossed salad. That will give me an 8 point dinner leaving room for a nice peach for later.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-23-2002 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:57 AM   #7  
On my way to thin!

Good Morning,

Well it is certainly a much nicer morning here. No humidity and the sun is shinning brightly. I almost hate to go to work. Well it was a start last night. I was down .6. Not terribly impressive but I'm down and happy. I will have a better week.

Maggie that receipe sounds great I think I will give it a try.

Jean, it sounds like you had a relaxing day. We are all entitled to those every now and again. Hope you did well at your weigh in last night.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Brenda
Old 07-24-2002, 09:33 AM   #8  

Good Morning, Flowers!
It is another cool morning and the sun is peeking out through some hazy clouds. We walked even earlier this morning so DH could have my car back to the garage -- it has a "noise" and the power steering has disappeared when the car is not moving.

Maggie -- The recipe sounds good! Thanks for sharing it with us. I lost another 1.2# last night which makes a total of 14.4# gone since going back to WW May 29th. I may have this figured out yet. I still give credit to the exercise part of the program because my eating hasn't been the best it could be.

Brenda -- CONGRATULATIONS on the .6# that is gone forever! Any loss is a GREAT loss!

I need to get busy and do some much needed ironing. Have a great day, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-24-2002, 04:50 PM   #9  

Evening flowers!
Off to the beach in the morning 1.8lbs. lighter I've been writing everything down again. Everyone says the reason things are slowing downis because of doing aquarobics and building muscle....hope they know what they're talking about!
Finally finished the fence so one obstinant little beagle can't get out in the street. He hasn't figured it out yet, but he will. I've read the Beagle's nose is bigger than their brain, and I believe it. But he's so cute!
Haven't even started to pack, so I'd best get with the program.
Have a great weekend and I'll be back Tues. night.

Maggie: Congrats on your loss! That's great!

Brenda: Hang in there. You know the drill, it's just a matter of getting into step again. Good luck.

Gray Bubs
Old 07-24-2002, 05:05 PM   #10  

Default Zucchini Recipe

Maggie

What a great recipe! Thanks. One question: What's the buttermilk baking mix? Is that like Bisquck? Your talk about the fancy Parmesian and bread went right over my head.........us small town country folk don't get that kind of stuff at Krogers......I don't think.
Have a good one.
Bubs
Old 07-24-2002, 05:59 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Humpday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

WOW we got up into tripple didgets yesterday and are there again today. I am so glad we have AC in this little space we live in. I finially got finished typing up another little booklet of 72 recipes that I have collected from WW and friends and such that are good for my program. That makes volume II.

LOSERS UNITEisn't it great that we are all losers this week. Now what fun it is to hang around with losers. CONGRATULATIONS to all of you.

JEAN that 1.2 added to the rest of what you lost is looking real good. Your walking is paying out good dividends.

BRENDA any loss is to celebrate. You have done so well this will add to the great number of pounds gone!

BUBBLES and look at you with your loss of 1.8! Good going. Yes, muscle does retain water when it is building. But the good thing about it is it weighs pound for pound like anything else but takes up less room in our bodies than does the fat. So you should be losing inches as you are building muscle. Isn't it nice what happens when you wirte what you bite. Have a great time and be safe on that vacation. Yes that is Lite Bisquick I use but I think there are other brands so I didn't specify. Check in the deli of Krogers and you may just find that cheese.

I just had the best white peach as a snack and it sure was juicy. I remember the days when my Grandpa had his peach orchard. OH those lovely huge juicy run down your arms and drip off your elbow peaches making me a sticky mess that got to stand under the sistern and cool off and wash off when he would let it overflow.

Have a good OP evening all.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:41 PM   #12  

Hi Flowers,

MAGGIE: I can't believe you had triple digits the other day...we have been in the "pleasant" 80's all this week...but I hear that the heat is coming back!!

It looks like every one was a loser this week...Congrats to all!!

We started swimming again today...yes, Maggie, it was EXACTLY what my body wanted!! It felt good, and I even made it through the afternoon without nodding off as I was reading!!

Great recipe Maggie!! Especially now that those bumper crops of zucchini are coming in!

Brenda, Bubbles and Gloria...hope all is going well...stick with the program...they work!
Jackie
Old 07-25-2002, 08:59 AM   #13  
On my way to thin!

Happy Thursday All!

I enjoyed a quiet night last night. Watched my fish in the pond and had a couple eggs with salsa for dinner. It was a nice change. Now, I should have gone for a walk or to the gym but I just didn't make it that far. Kept my points almost in check yesterday. I was over by a couple but it was with good food.

Jackie: Way to go with the swimming, I love it too. I just need to get there once and I know I'll be back into my routine.

Maggie: Wow, that is hot. I'm glad we are back to normal temps here. That 90+ degree stuff if for the.... it's not for anyone or anything.

Graybuds: Your dog sounds cute. My father used to have beagles. We are in the process of closing off the right side of our yard and putting in some gates so that my dads Jack Russell can get some exercise when they get home in September. My dad just can't walk him like he used to.

Jean: Hope you get your car repaired and good for you with the ironing. I sure try to stay away from that kind of clothing.

Hope everyone has the best OP day that they can. I know I'm going to try really hard today to make this day a success!

Bye for now
Brenda

Last edited by gettin_there; 07-25-2002 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:31 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Friday's Eve

GOOD DAY MAGNOLIAS

What a beautiful morning. It is 9:23 and I don't have the air on. Just the fan whirring the air about on this eve to Friday which is the step off for the weekend. WOW time does move right along. And that is why I have to keep my FOCUS or it goes out to play in the dark regions of the food kindgom where it is dangerous. Thin Within is doing it this week.

COOKIE how nice that you got to get in the pool again ~ yes that is what you needed. Is all your remodeling done now? I can imagine your place looks just like the "picture."

BRENDA that is geat that you are staying closer to your pount allotment. It takes some time and work to get back into the grove but you are making progress. Keep up that good work of staying awake and writing what you bite. The tirpple didgets here aren't as hot as when the folks have high humidity like in the south of this country. Here the humidity is way way low and so when you step into the shade it is 10 degrees cooler. When there is high humidity when you step in the shade the humidity follows you there like a wet blanket. I don't do well in a high humidity climate.

Keep up the good work folks and lets all be losers once again this coming weigh in.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:01 PM   #15  

Red face

Good Evening, Flowers!
Just peeking in to say "good night" before I head off to bed. I don't know where the day went but it flew by. My car was back in the shop again . . the power steering valve (?) went bad and needed to be replaced. Seems like it is always something that needs to be fixed or replaced. I need to go back and read the posts.

Have a fantastic Friday! I think this is #14 so whomever is next needs to start a new thread. See you tomorrow!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Closed Thread