Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 328/276/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Facing "the change"? Already???

Left my 30s last month (what a fabulous decade it was!!) and what's the very first thing I experience? An erratic period after life-long predictable, bang-on regular cycles.

Seriously.

When I strangely started having PMS symptoms WAY too early in my cycle I thought I might be pregnant! I started menstruating when I was 10 - does that have any influence on early perimenopause?

Yikes!
Boomcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/218.5/170

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.

Smile things are changing

Hi,

I am 42, and for the past few years, things have changed for me too. At first, I went from a textbook 28 day cycle to a still regular 25 day cycle, and now am beginning to get a little more erratic. It can vary from 24-31 days. You never really know for sure. And pms? Yup. I am more aware of it than I was before.

So far no hot flashes, but who knows?

I don't know about any correlation from menarche, but when did your mom change? My mom had me relatively late (38... remember this was the 1960s) and she just up and QUIT right after I came. Seems her body had had enough! LOL She was not yet 40.

Given this, I am not surprised to start sputtering a little now. Things could drag on for years. Who knows? If you are of the herbally-goddessy sort, check out Susun Weed's menopause book. She has a whole big section on "this is menopause", and it helped me realize what's normal.

hopefuldreamer
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #3  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm 42, and I've started having mild hot flashes. My period has never been really regular (25-41 days), so I'm not seeing any change there. My grandmother didn't hit menopause until she was 58; my mom got the first symptoms at about 51 and immediately started HRT. Who knows what's coming?
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #4  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

41 for a few more months and I started some heavy bleeding, then went back to normal, now I get my TOM every two weeks- not heavy but a pain. Trust me I have had ultrasounds to make sure there is no underlying issue. BC pills-no help in keeping me regular. What a rude awakening I thought peri-menopause meant your TOM would get further apart and eventually disappear. Re hot flashes- no but I do get overly warm at night- go to bed cold with the airconditioner on and wake up too warm but not sweaty in the middle of the night. While my husband pees standing up, sleeps through the night and experienced no pain when his children were born.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I am 44 and have been going thru some of this stuff for 5 yrs now. I had to go on the pill for a few years to get reg. and then blood pressure got high and had to go off it. My dr told me earlier you start you period(9) the longer you go...talk about not fair!! My cycle has gone from 28-30 days down to 21 days and I always spot halfway thru. Dr said its just part of it and to basically deal with it. My periods are usually much heavier and I even had to start an iron pill this month. fun fun. I am expecting this to go into my early 50s. NO hot flashes yet. THis month has actually been alot better no where near as heavy.:O)
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

life change...my moms went to every two weeks and then just stopped im praying for just stopping as well. I go to sleep cold every night and wake up sweating also..hadnt put it together ..thanks maybe thats whats going on with me too.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #7  
Wandering in the Woods

I'm 46 and two years ago things started to change a little. "After my whole life having exact 26 to 28 day cycles, I suddenly skipped a period for 2 months, then came back to regular, but more frequently and heavier. I've skipped a couple of times now. Yes, I believe I am having hot flashes once in a while, for sure, and I'm definitely SpitFire Moody, so bad that I've had to quit caffeine to save myself and my marriage . Now that I'm off of caffeine I feel a lot better , way less anxiety. My doctor said that the hot flashes are from the brain trying to regulate the hormones, makes sense to me. Periods still are all over the place, but oh well, this is another phase in my life, and now that I'm a little use to it, I'll embrace it.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #8  
47er

S/C/G: 215/191/155

Height: 5'6"

Talking My doctor told me

I too started aunt flo at 10. My GYN told me that woman have been starting menapause earllier than normal and they are not sure why. I started having symptoms 4 years ago and I am 46. And yes the hot flashes and missed periods have started but I am okay with it I figure the sooner I start the faster I won't have to deal with aunt flo anymore. You are a little young but stress and change of diet can also cause missed periods or late ones my doctor has also told me. i would check with your doctor if it keeps happening and see what she/he says..
dolphinlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #9  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hi ladies,
Question to my older & wiser peers.
Do you think I may be starting peri-meno? I'm 39 & 24 months (sounds way better to me than OWNING 41!) Ha ha ha.... My monthly cycles are like clock work, same exact the following month, give or take a few days and always lasting about 7 days. However, the past 2 months, my cycle now last a total of 10 days. Yup, 10. I am just wondering if this is pretty norm being the big M is years away?
Oh yeah, I honestly can not wait for a "HOTFLASH", I am and have always been cold, cold, cold & I am hoping the hotflashes will help warm me up!!!! Crazy as it sounds..
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #10  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

evil
I started soon after I had my tubal at age 29. Doc said it wasn't something that was common but it does happen. Has been a fun 16 years lol. Just the last couple of months it has intensified. I hope it is over soon lol I am tired of not knowing if I am going to be hot or cold. My DOT's were always like clock work too. Now, over the last couple of years they can be fine for months at a time and then I can skip one or have one that last weeks. YES I said weeks. Think the last time that happened I had one for 4 months and they said there was nothing at all wrong with me after they did tons of tests and cost me enough to buy a new car lol. They went from every 28 days to now they are between 21 and 28 days. Which the doc said is still normal. At least I don't have the night sweets. I just have the hot and cold flashes.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

When I was 38 I started getting massive hot flashes and my periods went from every 30 days & lasting 7 days to every 21 days & lasting a total of 2 1/2 days.

I sleep with just a sheet on me most days, even in the dead of winter. I also sleep with a fan blowing on me every day of the year. I live just south of Chicago, so you can imagine how cold our winters can get. The most I put on the bed is a sheet & a summer blanket (the kind with holes between the stitches).

Now I've heard that perimenopause can last for 10 years or so before menopause kicks in. Oh yeah, something to look forward to.
Debala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #12  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Thanks Rennie,
I too got my tubies tied, at 25. I Figured I may as well get fixed & have fun, so I done did & Yup I still am having lots and lots of fun!
Oh the joys of womanhood I tell ya Deb, I am quite the opposite. It's still summer and I still sleep in sweats, and a down comforter, plus a big thick grandma made quilt, and I am known to still turn on the heated matress pad on my side of the bed, being it stays on our bed year 'round! Yup my hubby sweats bigtime, but I am cozy comfy! Can you say frozen like a popsicle? My hands and feet mostly, reynauds syndrome. My mom & sister are the same.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #13  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I thought it was great to get rid of the baby bed and keep the pay pen lol. My hubby goes nuts because we don't know from one min to the next if I am going to have 20 blankets on the bed with the fan blowing or just a sheet to cover with lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Hello Ladies,
I'm 47 this last Aug. I've had irregular periods and mood swings for 4 years now. I've missed my period for three mos. Could I possibly be done?
I've gained a lot of weight. Depression hit me hard with this.Why? I have no clue. Not having a period is a time to party, not be sad. It's just that I feel all the symptoms and such.....bloating, cramps and then no period to stop the symptoms. Argh

Anyone actually stop right around this age?

Thanks

Kelly
Kelly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Shy Moment,
My symptoms started right after my tubal, too. Hmmmmm. I'm happy (not for you going this long, though) that i'm not alone. I thought it was just me. But I swear the periods following my tubal....have never been the same

Kelly.
Kelly46 is offline   Reply With Quote