Old 09-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Daily Chat, Tues. Sep. 2

GOOD MORNING!!!

Just put my baby on the bus to kindergarten...blech. I miss her already, but I know this will pass. She is so excited. I promised to take her to lunch today.

Lisa, I know it's not you!! Luckily you don't have to get involved with it...I can't believe it's earlier every year.

Caff, I'll pray that things go well for your sis & your mom. Hopefully the guy will get what he deserves. That's a horrible situation.

Well, I'm off to wash sheets. Didn't get a walk in today, Cady woke up in the middle of the night, so excited she couldn't get back to sleep for a while, so of course I couldn't either. Anyway, I gained a pound since friday, surprised it's not more given that I had three parties to go to. Oh, well. Back on the ball.

Have a super Monday everyone...will check in later!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

There's not enough coffee in the world this AM! I'm soo tired! Had a nice time at my cousin's yesterday though. DH sprained his ankle playing flag football with Peter Sunday night, so he stayed home with the dog with his foot up and iced. Boys got to go swimming in my cousin's in ground pool and they had a blast! Robby walked on tippy, tippy toes across the shallow end to get a raft, and Peter went under the water many times! Neither one knows how to swim yet, but they sure don't have much fear! Makes me a little nervous, but glad they have some confidence.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #3  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies!!!

Lisa, I worked in Housewares at TJ Maxx and I remember all the holiday stuff coming in so early and I was the one who had to mess with it all. I hated the glittery stuff the most though.

I'm going today to take a test for an application I turned in. I'm curious what kind of test it is though, she didn't disclose it to me. Fingers crossed its not grammer or spelling both of which I stink at.

Talk to everyone later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #4  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies....

I know I have been gone for a while. But there is just alot going on. My dad had some tests run last week and they found major blockage in 3 arteries of his heart. Plus he has alot of calcium buildup across the top of his heart. He will go in for surgery on Thursday.

As soon as this mess clears up I will get back to being with you ladies on a daily basis. You don't realize how much you miss it until you stop doing it for a while.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi every one!
good morning!

Fergi I am sorry about your dad's health, but I am sure you guys are very happy they caught it "on time" I wish you guys well during this difficult time. I like I always say, I wish the doctors have blessed hands when they are in surgery. keep us posted, best of luck!

Caffeine good luck today, I am glad the got the guy.

Alicia OMG it is crazy how they are putting things out for the holidays already! we are just getting thru the summer... lol.

Lauren the weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Pam it is amazing how fast they grow... enjoy your time before you pick her up and have a nice lunch w/her!

Well, I am becoming a morning person and not exactly by choice, but I do have to get Sean ready for school. It is good tho, he was picked up at 7:05 am~ and this is good, I alreay did 3 loads of laundry, had breakfast and now I am getting ready to clean the family room. Later today I am going to the knitting guild meeting, I am looking forward to it!
I guess I didn't make to the gym grrrr..... I just realized it, oh well....

see you later
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Howdy Chickies...

Pam ~ Cadence's first day of school... big hug. Like Alicia said, the morning flies by and before you know it, she'll be home for lunch. I must admit that I'm loving it! DD likes school so much and I'm thrilled that it's only half day. *Next* year will be much harder for me than this year.

Lauren ~ I was so tired this a.m. too. Thank God for coffee!!! Sounds like you had a good weekend with the boys. Sorry to hear about DH's ankle though.

Alicia ~ Keep us posted on the test and good luck! Math would be my biggest fear. BTW, one nice thing about having a baby now would be that you already have babysitters available! Friends of ours have a big gap between kids and the older ones love watching the little ones so much.

Fergi ~ so sorry to hear about your dad. Hope that all will be ok.

Hanna ~ sounds like a great vacation! I'm not interested in gambling at all but the shows sound fabulous. I'm sending out good vibes that it'll be a good school year for Sean. Also, the pink sweater is BEAUTIFUL! You look great in the photos.

Cheers to GG & Pam for defending bats... They're so misunderstood LOL. I told DH that I'd like to get a bat box for our backyard as they cut down on mosquitoes big time.

We went to FIL's over the weekend it was such a good time. The kids went swimming morning, noon and night (literally!). FIL has a light in his pool and it was especially fun to be in the water at night. It's great to see the kids having fun in the water and swimming. I was so proud of them. Eating wasn't good since DH made homemade ice cream while we were there. Lots of snacking. I'm not beating myself up about it though since we had such a good time. Have a great week ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #7  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Afternoon All...

Been busy all weekend long, between camping, parties, picnics . I did quite well in the eating dept. though. AF decided is here, so feeling a bit bloated and have a headache . Never made it to the gym today as I have been cleaning up from the weekend doing laundry, dishes, washing the floor etc. Hey that is a workout in itself. Now isn't it.

Fergi--- Sending a ton of Good Luck vibes and Get Well Vibes your direction. I am hoping things clear up soon with your day. (((hugs)))

Alicia--- Good luck on the application.

pmasci--- You need a ton of these I am sure... My oldest goes to K next year. I am already preparing myself now.

Well I need to fetch another load of laundry and start dinner. I'll try and get on later... if not I hope all of you ladies have a wonderful afternoon.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #8  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

ACK, I didn't see that you IRISHJOAN have a first day of school kiddo too. Hoping all went well.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. I'm still trying to get to know all of you by reading your posts. Pretty soon I'll have earned the right to introduce myself officially in the 30-something intro section!

Pam, I have to tell you that when my ex and I took our daughter to her first day of kindergarten, he and I were the ones in tears! She was in a K-1st grade blend and was assigned a first grade "buddy" who gave her paper and crayons and they sat down to color. She was like, "Bye guys, see ya later!" We walked out to the parking lot and were just at a complete loss! She'll be a sophomore this year and starts tomorrow. I still get a little teary-eyed at each 1st day of school!
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hi All! It really has been so long since I have been on here. Or at least it feels like it. School with the kiddos officially started today and I am exhausted.
I feel for all you who have kinders...it is equally hard to be on the other side saying that it will be alright and that you really do need to go now! (i used to teach prek and Kinder.)

My kiddos spent the weekend with my mom and dad so my hubby and I had a nice time just being by ourselves. I behaved pretty well and today with it being so hectic...i barely ate! (so I guess that is a good thing)

I didn't get a chance to really catch up with all of you but I hope things are well...to all of those who need it, prayers and good wishes are sent your way.

Take care and I will try to check in more regularly...Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

I'll probably be the last one to post. Either you ladies go to bed early or just don't bother to get on later.

It was good at the court. The hearing was because the creep's lawyer wanted bail dropped down from $250,000 to $50,000. That didn't happen thankfully! The real trial is set for Nov 4th. The defense attorney said something like "the alleged victim was apparently 'touched' in the lobby of her building". Thankfully the district attorney elaborated on that and said that she'd been grabbed by the throat, forcefully grabbed elsewhere, and when she'd tried to call the cops he threw her so hard against the wall that the bank employees on the other side of it heard and came running to find her dazed, in shock, and injured.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi all!
Caffeine it is great when the court system works! take it easy.
I had a busy day, DS had a good day at school which makes me SUPER HAPPY! I hope this is the beginning of a great year to come for him! that would just be so wonderful!
Tomorrow is DH's day off, so I have no clue what am I doing, LOL.
see you tomorrow

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote