Old 09-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

Smile Feel like big foot = Being tall and fat is not fun!!

Hallo Chickadees!!

I posted something on another thread saying that it is terrible to be fat and tall - and at least one person agreed with me - meaning that I am not alone!!

I am 6 foot tall and being overweight makes me HUGE!! The other day I was in a mall and this little boy pointed at me and said something like: "Gush mom, look at her, she is HUGE!!!"

Oh, gush!! Eat me Earth, eat me now!!

Hahaha, at least I took it all in my stride. I know the boy didn't insult me, he just spoke his mind...

Anyway, I hate being this BIG - I think I can actually handle being fat, but being this BIG is awful.

My brother jokes with me, calling me Godzilla, which makes me laugh (he really is lovely and will never say it if it hurst me), but I hate the fact that I actually resemble Godzilla. If I am in a crowded room, I am a head above 95% of the people there and just feel like an elephant.

The other day I was at a seminar and I sat down and all the people moved away from behind me so that they could see better - one lady (very politely) told her husband that they should move because she cannot see a thing (obviously because I was there).

Sigh, I know we all have weight issues, but all you ladies that is 5'6" - lucky you.

I can't wait 'til I lose weight, to be 'tall' again and not 'BIG'.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

I am sadly both taller and wider than you. I get what you are saying. But, someone shorter actually looks more round at the same weight as you. Most people I know point out "she's the tall one" if someone doesn't know me. Rather than "she's the fat one". I appreciate that.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #3  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm not AS tall as you but I am tall enough to understand your point. I'm almost 5'10". When I am heavy I am just big! I take up a lot of space.

Shorter woman may be rounder at the same weight...but they can be heavy and cute. A tall girl is never cute. Pretty maybe...but cute usually implies small.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Shorter woman may be rounder at the same weight...but they can be heavy and cute. A tall girl is never cute
Let me just tell you this - no one would ever consider what I was as "cute". Nuh uh. No way.

It may not be easy being 6 feet tall and overweight, but I am here to tell you, that it's nooooo picnic being 5 feet tall and overweight. I mean when you're THAT short, the weight just doesn't have many places to stretch out over. I was practically just as wide as I was tall. And I'm not kidding.

I used to wish that I was taller, then I wouldn't be so darn wide.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
I am sadly both taller and wider than you. I get what you are saying. But, someone shorter actually looks more round at the same weight as you. Most people I know point out "she's the tall one" if someone doesn't know me. Rather than "she's the fat one". I appreciate that.
I totally agree. I would rather be tall, I'm 5'11 than be short. Everyone I've ever told my weight to cannot believe I'm 283. They look at my like I'm crazy when I say I want to lose around 100 more. They tell me I'm going to be anorexic. lol I laugh at them and tell them well we'll have to cross that bring when we get there.

I'm almost as tall as you and I weigh a lot more than you. A lot of time little kids call me big b/c I'm like 4 feet taller than them. It has nothing to do with me and my weight. I'm wear heels and and I know I look good. It's not my fault that people are shorter than me. That's how I look at it. I remember I was 5'7 in 6th grade. I met this woman who is 6'3 and she wears 2 inch heels all the time. It totally changed my perspective on how I look at my height. I was actually bummed that I fell short of 6'0. It was my "goal" as a teenager. lol

Have the freedom to be you. You're fabulous just as you are. All 6 ft and 230 pounds!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #6  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
But, someone shorter actually looks more round at the same weight as you.
Haha, yes, that is very true. I bet if I was shorter I probably would have posted about how round I was in comparisson to taller people.

I am glad that I only have to weigh around 180 lbs to be a 'normal weight (BMI based)' - Some shorter people are still obese at that weight.

My mom is 5'6" and we use to wear the same size (before my fat years) even though I was 35 lbs heavier than her.

Djay - Haha, you are so right - I can be pretty, beautiful, gorgeous - but not cute.

But for us tall ladies out there - we can be tall and slim, which by any account is gorgeous. That is what I am going for. I do not want to be skinny - I want to be slim. Go me!!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozles View Post
Haha, yes, that is very true. I bet if I was shorter I probably would have posted about how round I was in comparisson to taller people.

I am glad that I only have to weigh around 180 lbs to be a 'normal weight (BMI based)' - Some shorter people are still obese at that weight.

My mom is 5'6" and we use to wear the same size (before my fat years) even though I was 35 lbs heavier than her.

Djay - Haha, you are so right - I can be pretty, beautiful, gorgeous - but not cute.

But for us tall ladies out there - we can be tall and slim, which by any account is gorgeous. That is what I am going for. I do not want to be skinny - I want to be slim. Go me!!
Yep... you go girl!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
I'm almost as tall as you and I weigh a lot more than you. A lot of time little kids call me big b/c I'm like 4 feet taller than them. It has nothing to do with me and my weight. I'm wear heels and and I know I look good. It's not my fault that people are shorter than me. That's how I look at it. I remember I was 5'7 in 6th grade. I met this woman who is 6'3 and she wears 2 inch heels all the time. It totally changed my perspective on how I look at my height. I was actually bummed that I fell short of 6'0. It was my "goal" as a teenager. lol

Have the freedom to be you. You're fabulous just as you are. All 6 ft and 230 pounds!

I love your post - everything about it!! I wish I met that 6'3 woman. When I was 13 I was already at my current height (I am 25 now) - and I was the tallest person in the school - INCLUDING the teachers (men and women)!! - And I hated it. I am okay with it now - just don't like the 'big' part.

Again, thanks for your post - I really do love it!!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #9  

Quote:
I love your post - everything about it!! I wish I met that 6'3 woman. When I was 13 I was already at my current height (I am 25 now) - and I was the tallest person in the school - INCLUDING the teachers (men and women)!! - And I hated it. I am okay with it now - just don't like the 'big' part.

Again, thanks for your post - I really do love it!!
No problem, us tall women have to stick together. I've been the tallest person many times. Come to think of it, I'm the tallest person where I work men and women, but it doesn't bother me. I just tell them don't mess with me in basketball. lol

I'm curious, what size are you right now?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #10  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

I have a friend who is 6 feet tall and a woman and she said she used to get picked on a lot when she was in middle and high school. i was actually pretty surprised to hear that.
i'm five foot two and since everyone is taller then me i never really noticed that she was EXTRA taller then me. now if only I was 9 feet tall then i'd be at my ideal weight already....

i know both the very tall and the very short have a difficult time finding clothing that fits - but sometimes I think that all the plus sized clothes out there ARE made for people who are 6 feet tall because there is always at least a foot of extra material at the bottom of my pants and some times the rise on a pair of pants is so large that for the crotch to be in the right spot the waist has to be up by my bra!!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
I'm curious, what size are you right now?
I am a UK size 20. I think that is around a 16 or 18 in the US - I really am not sure.

If anybody out there can translate what a UK size 20 is in a US size, I will really appreciate it. The last time I lived in the US I was a size 8 - but that was a long time ago....
Old 09-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
I have a friend who is 6 feet tall and a woman and she said she used to get picked on a lot when she was in middle and high school. i was actually pretty surprised to hear that.
i'm five foot two and since everyone is taller then me i never really noticed that she was EXTRA taller then me. now if only I was 9 feet tall then i'd be at my ideal weight already....

i know both the very tall and the very short have a difficult time finding clothing that fits - but sometimes I think that all the plus sized clothes out there ARE made for people who are 6 feet tall because there is always at least a foot of extra material at the bottom of my pants and some times the rise on a pair of pants is so large that for the crotch to be in the right spot the waist has to be up by my bra!!
That's funny! I've never thought of that before.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #13  

I just looked it up on google. A lot of my clothes are between 18 and 20 UK sizes.

That is between 16 and 18 US size.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
So very true. And what about the sleeves????? Oh my gosh. The sleeves were always soooo long. And the shoulders. Nothing ever, ever laid in the right spot.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 09-02-2008 at 02:21 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #15  

Quote:
I just looked it up on google. A lot of my clothes are between 18 and 20 UK sizes.

That is between 16 and 18 US size.
Thanks. I've been wondering what I can expect to be size wise. My clothes range from 14-18 US. I think I'm a true 18, the others are the stretchy material.

Are you evenly all over or more of a particular shape? I'm even all over.