Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Smile 30 Something Chat Fri.. Aug 29th

Hey!! It's 9:39 and I'm the first post???? Up and at 'em my friends!! Lots to see and people to do... no... scratch that... reverse it!! LOL

Have a great day all!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Morning all.

I hope everyone is having a super Friday. I'm doing laundry so, whoohooo!! The kids are fighting over what to watch on TV, so it's going to be a super day here, NOT!! LOL. I'm in for a wonderful day.

Have a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good morning all
not much going on here doing lots of cleaning. we are 2 weeks into school and got 2 sick kids with high fevers....ohhhh sooo fun. i think it will be a long weekend around here.
will drop back in later off too give out meds

have a great day
adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #4  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Morning Ladies!!

Getting ready to head off to the gym in a few . Then will do a few errands to get ready for the long weekend. DH will be home YAHOO!!! We are going to go out to eat tonight- not sure where to yet- but hoping I can keep it on the healthier side--- *fingers crossed*

Well I need to finish chugging the coffee so I can get going... Chat at you all later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Getting ready to head out, first going to the fair with the boys. I have some photography in the photography salon so I wanted to go pop in. Then, a couple rides with my sister-in-law and the boys, and off to the coast. I'm going to get there, and totally crash!

Karen - I was just thinking this morning that maybe the next time the boys start arguing about something I'd just wait till the dust cleared, see who won and leave it at that. I wonder what it was like for my dad's mom having 13 kids...think that really IS what they did. Heck, maybe they started out with 25 kids and got it down to 13.

Adah - I'm sorry about the fevers! Is that the worst of their problem or do they have stomach flu or serious cold or what? I'm nervous about those is another reason I'm a bit freaked out by getting my youngest into school. He gets a 104 degree fever at the drop of a hat (always around 3 in the morning) but hasn't been in school or pre-school or anything other than kid's church before. Germs LOVE pre-K and with as many times as we've been to the ER with him for croup...well, I'm just making sure we have gas in the car all year.

Pear - do Thai or Japanese if you like either...or maybe Greek. Ooh...or you could REALLY splurge hehe and go to Chipotle if you have one there. Split a fajita burrito and with the sour cream and guacamole (but without the cheese) you'll be running around 500 calories...but pretty healthy still.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #6  

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. What a week. I need to know who thinks it's crazy to get a puppy now if I am going to be having another baby in the spring? Anyone? Trying to make that decision today. And, yes, I may be pregnant again--shocking. Waiting to hear my results from the blood test. I did lose a small amount again this week. I better go--sorry to rush!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

afternoon all....have another day off today. Got up and took the dog to the barn with me. I enjoyed a nice morning ride before it got warm. Dog enjoyed roling in the manure and then found a dead squirrel to roll around in...yuck dogs can be soooo gross LOL. So another bath for the doggie. But it was a great morning. Then dh txt me and wanted me to meet him for lunch...awww how sweet. He know i was going to run errands down by his work/school..so we met for lunch...tried a new place for lunch...it had good food but man it was expensive. 12.95$ for chicken quesadillas...and that was the lunch menu...wow that's expensive...maybe i'm just cheep LOL. Then i check out a few motorcycles as the shop down the street. My motorcycle course is next week...and i'm really itching for a bike. I looked at a few....DH and i were thinking of a Honda rebel since its lightweight...but i also looked at a honda shadow (just a bit bigger bike) and it was nice...and I was able to pick up the bike without too much issues. So we'll see what we find. I then ran a bunch of errands. Now i'm home..and tonight is the 80's concert....nice weather for an outdoor concert.

rlk=here's my opinion about a puppy with kids...i don't recommended it. I see so many dog's who dont get the socialization and training needed due to lack of time. Kids take time...puppies take time. Now don't get me wrong, i won't look down on you if you decided to get one...but you need to do some serious soul searching...do you have the time????? Puppies require lots of time...and many time i see clients who get a puppy thinking it would be great for the kids...but honestly...babies requrie work as do dogs. And i see tomany that people don't have enough time....and then they wonder why the dog's have behavior issues. If you think you have the time...then maybe...but remember you are probably already tired with one kid and possibly another on the way (congrats if so). Just some thing to think about (:

Alright all..check back later!

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 08-29-2008 at 02:29 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

HI All,

Sorry, got busy today and didn't check in!

Rikki, DON'T DO IT! We got our puppy in April at 13 wks. old. He's a black lab mix and he's a complete nut case! Cute, but completely out of control. He's doing well clicker training, but definitely has selective hearing! I would not recommend getting a puppy now. I wish we had waited a few more years. CONGRATS if you're PG!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #9  

Thanks for the advice! I AM pregnant so that's exciting. And I actually have 3 other kids so I am a little busy. I will keep you posted!!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

caffeineiv well after a very long trip to the er my dd has strep. it was the same way with her the only group of kids she was around was at church too. her first year was so bad i thought i was going too go crazy. really all you can do it make sure they eat and get good sleep. i wish i could tell you it gets better but now with 2 in school it seems like one of them is sick.

rlk2005 congrats to you!!!!!

hope everyone has a good night

adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Well, the beach trip is very much on hold right now. My mom is on her way to the doctor. He thinks she might have a DVT (deep vein thrombosis). Hopefully she's fine, but I'm hovering by the phone a bit right now.

Ok, on dieting topic here.

Have any of you done the "rotation diet"? I'm doing it though I feel a bit guilty admitting it. It is pretty much a few weeks of ****. I know it is really really rigid and a bit insane.

My problem is though that doing things like WW or calorie counting doesn't work. I'm a bit OCD and have to fight to keep from turning anorexic. Doing WW I would start counting points and doing fine for a bit, then start seeing if I could ONLY eat the minimum number. Then, I'd start eating less than the minimum and it would go downhill from there and I'd have to force myself to stop. Counting calories is even worse. I was doing that once, finally, after about 3 months of eating only 200 calories a day (and making sure it was 1 gram of fat or less) I realized I had to stop. That was back when I didn't even need to lose weight, but I still do that sort of thing if I don't pay attention.

I'm fat because of seizure medication...gaining 50 pounds in one month after another 2 months of gaining about 20-25. I've just never gotten it off. I HAVE to do something but I have to do it without letting myself turn anorexic. The Rotation diet has a menu you follow. I can do it, I like the food, it is healthy food, and then you get a break. I don't want to do something like Nutrisystem because for one reason...can't afford it. For another though, it doesn't really help me because I need to just do food we have around the house since I also make food for the boys and my DH.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has even remotely similar experiences and how others have done with the rotation diet. My best friend's friend lost over 100 and has kept it off for 7+ years, but still...I'd like to know another person.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Rikki... NO puppy. I speak from experience. Please... do yourself a favor... enjoy the pregnancy... quietly!! LOL

Congratulations!!!!!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote