South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #1  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Arrow My thoughts for the evening... (intro p2?)

Well, sitting here sipping my sleepy-time tea... thinking of all the things I need to do to get my butt in gear for the wedding! and for my life! I need to... Learn that habits don't change over night and I am going to do this forever, so who cares if I lose a lb today or a lb next week. It will come off as long as I exercise and eat well, right?- I sure hope so!

SO being Vegetarian I am finding it hard to find Phase one compliant foods - I have basically tried to do phase one and I have with the exception of a couple beers one night. I have been eating soy based protien sources, which I have seen as ok on the faq food lists however, they do have some wheat gluten in them so who knows what direction that is going in, but I am just going to eat keep on eating them and tons of veggies and then next week I move to phase 2 and plan to add some whole grain in or a piece of fruit. maybe once or twice a week. Not everyday... I have lost a couple of lbs so far, I would love for the weight to come off faster, but hey- if its coming off its coming off and that is what counts!!!

Wondering what does everyone else think about moving on, its kind of scary, how did you do it??? Did you add one food at a time or just occasionally or everday?

I really would love a bowl of bran flakes lol
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #2  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Are you getting married? Tell the details!

You're right, it's coming off and that is what counts. That is the sort of mentality that I have learned to have and it's working for me rather than against me.

In the book (which I finally just recently read), I didn't really see anything about the phase 1.5 thing so I'm guessing that is something the forum created and it seems to work for everyone. Therefore, it's what I'll do when I finally decide I want to ease into phase 2. I think they add one thing at a time, for example a serving of blueberries a day (I'm citing this as an example because I bought fresh blueberries and put them in the freezer for when I did decide to start doing phase 1.5).

IMO- don't take this as solid advice, people who have been doing the SBD longer will have better advice- but I would say start with your bran flakes then, a serving a day for a week. Make sure it is one serving, we Americans tend to waaaay overdo the servings. Bran flakes and fat free milk.

Just my two cents! Others here recommend a serving of fruit a day for a week. But I'd say if you want your bran flakes then go for it, and see how your body reacts and if you start having cravings.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'4"

I am starting my new vegan journey right now. I did it a couple years ago for a few weeks and loved it. I felt better then than I ever have but, it was hard because I had no support from my husband.
AmyMarieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

rdw, check out our sticky in our FAQ section for how to ease into Phase 2. You'll find it very helpful.

AmyMarie! We have a current Phase 1 starters thread going on here that you may want to join in. We're happy to have you with us on The Beach!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome chicks! We have several vegetarians on the board that give great advice. Phase II transition seems to scare a lot of people, I know it did me. It's good to do it slowly, but not good to stay on Ph1. I agree with cottage, if you are really missing something, then add that back first. For me, it was oatmeal. If it is cereal for you, then add that, but make sure it meets the SB guidelines. Sadly, I don't think that bran flakes does. Added sugar, I think.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:11 AM   #6  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

OH, I am sure I can find some brand of bran flakes without it... weird, but I like that cardboard flavor! lol!

Last edited by rdw1; 08-28-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

Just realized I forgot the details that were asked of the wedding~!

We're getting Married in Florida on St. George Island, never been there but it looked nice! Its in the panhandle and we've been several places around there just not St. George!

Our wedding is the 27th so I am very excited! Wish I would've lost some more weight by then, but I shouldve found you guys sooner!!! oh well... maybe in a few years we can renew our vows to get new pictures!

Last edited by rdw1; 08-28-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

on getting married, rdw1!

You'll find these threads in the FAQ helpful, I think.

Emergency Handbook for Phase 2
What's your P2 Combo? (specifically written for people learning the transition)
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdw1 View Post
Just realized I forgot the details that were asked of the wedding~!

We're getting Married in Florida on St. George Island, never been there but it looked nice! Its in the panhandle and we've been several places around there just not St. George!

Our wedding is the 27th so I am very excited! Wish I would've lost some more weight by then, but I shouldve found you guys sooner!!! oh well... maybe in a few years we can renew our vows to get new pictures!
You're adventurous getting married in the Florida panhandle during hurricane season.

zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

yeah, I thought about that! But, from what I read its worse md aug thru mid sept and by oct you're usually good- so heres hoping its ok the end of September!!!! I want a beautiful day!