Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default 30 Something Chat Wed. Aug 27th

Happy HUMP Day!!

Three day (well 4 for me) weekend fast approaching. Anyone have any plans worth mentioning? I'm doing nada, zip, zilch and will love every minute of it!!

Off to the **** hole... have a good day everyone! Who knows maybe Napoleon got eaten by some squirrels or something and he won't be in today!!! Hey! I can hope can't I??? LOL

Welcome back Kerri! Nice to meet you!!

TTFN!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...

Well poppy to answer your question...i have to work ALL weekend (including Mon) so no big plans for me.

Hannah-i'm soooo jealous....i wanted to see O when i was in vegas but the only night we had free was their blackout night (their night off). Hope you are enjoying vegas

Pam- i have to laugh at the concert only because on friday i'm going to see a "regeneration tour" a bunch of 80' bands including blondie, human legue, flock of seagulls etc...man i'm old LMAO

newfanny-welcome back.

Hey to everyone else..i'm off today, got lots to do...we'll see. Going to get a bunch of stuff for food this week so i get on better course with my eating.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/184/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

I've been kind of MIA for a few days. I've had no motivation whatsoever! It's an emotional time for me, we're looking at a possible move back to my home town and I want it so badly it's all I can think about. Problem is that it's only a possibility right now and if it actually happens it won't be until early next year so I've got to get my mind steered away from it. And, since I'm feeling so emotional about it what do I do?? EAT! Geez, at this rate I'll gain 100lbs by Christmas! At least I have still been getting exercise.

Valerie - a weekend with nothing planned sounds wonderful! And hey, you never know what those innocent little squirrels are capable of - don't give up hope!

We're going to our cottage for the weekend. If I can get my act together the kids and I will go up a day or two early.

I hope you're all doing well. Have a great day!
guppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #4  

GG - your 'regeneration tour' sounds awesome! DH always kids me about my enjoyment of 80's music.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Valerie ~ eaten by squirrels... You are too funny! Bet there are some days when you'd love to squash that little dude like a bug. Good luck with the full-time gig. It will all unfold as it should so in the meantime, keep that great sense of humor of yours!

GG ~ flock of seagulls?! Another flash from the past. I love 80's music!!! My DH cringes when he hears it and I just turn it up louder:-).

Marianne ~ how far away is your cottage from your own home? Sounds like you go there a lot ~ nice! I hope that the move works out. Just think about if you get your eating under control, you'll look fantastic by the time that the move actually comes about. Might be a good motivator? Personally, the thought of moving back to my hometown scares the $%&*@! out of me! I grew up in a teeny tiny town that had more taverns than teeth.

I am so tired today... I got up early and showered w/o getting my exercise in. It's such a nice morning that I need to get out and get a walk in before it starts heating up. It's just one of those mornings where I'm finding it hard to start up my motor. Must have coffee.... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #6  

Joan - our cottage is 1 1/2 hours from us. Close enough that we can go whenever but far enough that it feels like we're getting away. We just bought it about a month ago so we've been really anxious to spend time there. That would be the one negative thing about moving, we'd have to sell it.

"More taverns than teeth." That's hilarious! I should say we'd be moving to my home "area" - if we were to move to my hometown we could say the same - and there is only one tavern!! My DH would get such a kick out of that saying. You're right, I should look at the time between now and then as an push to get some things done, including losing weight. Then if it doesn't work out at least I'll look and feel a whole lot better. Thank you - you've helped me feel better!

I hope you get out and enjoy the morning. It's gorgeous here too right now but we've got DDs preschool orientation this morning so we'll have to enjoy it from the car.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi all!
Kerri you are a very good person, I am so happy you are back w/DH, I a you for taking in your stepdaughter, I am sure it is going to be hard I am sure it is going to be very rewarding too when you see her doing some progress it is a shame how the schools let the kids fall thru the cracks and not help them specially with reading, I keep telling my Sean reading is the most important thing he will learn in his life, he is really struggling with it. My heat goes out to you!

GG I am very existed to see O tonight, we saw the show once and I want to see it again, I am sure Sean will really enjoy it too. The music is fantastic, the costumes the make up, the water ...... its is a fabulous show! if you have a change you need to see it!

Hi Joan! I hope you get a little motivation to go for a walk you may feel really good afterwards!

Guppy I am sorry you feel like this, try to find something fun to do, do you have any hubbies? that may help you get thru this,

Valerie who is Napoleon, boy I hope he is not eaten though!

I am having a great time here in Vegas, very relaxing time. We are taking it very easy. Yesterday we went to the Treasure Island hotel and had lunch at their buffet, OMG it was such a disappointment, food was horrible!!! to say the least. we had dinner at the Bellagio and it was night and day different!
Today we are going to the Hoover Dam we are leaving soon!

I will see you guys later!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Just a flyby. I have a girlie on my lap making typing very difficult. Took the kids to the play place again today and they had a blast. I think they could honestly stay there all day and never get tired of it.

Have a wonderful afternoon!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hanna ~ your vacation sounds wonderful! I've never any desire to go to Vegas since I have zero interest in gambling. The shows would sure be great though!

Kerri ~ I wanted to second what Hanna said... I know how lonely you were when living away from DH. I'm so glad that the two of you are back together. I hope that things continue to improve with step-daughter living with you. You are such a good person!

I did get my walk in. Man, it was hard though. My legs are so achey today. I will be leaving here shortly to walk to school to pick up the kids. The school is at the bottom of a very steep hill and somedays I go back and forth 3x. I know that is why my legs have been so achey. I'm using muscles that I haven't used since last May! I used my recumbent bike all summer and hardly ever walked outside. Our neighorhood is one hill after the next and you can't really take a walk in any direction w/o encountering hills. Oh well, they're the kind of evil that is good for me;-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hi chicks, just checking in. Had jail devotions this morning then had lunch at church, which was definitely not a healthy thing to do but I don't do it all the time so I guess I can live with it. The company was fabulous though!

Been trying to keep track of calories but OMG, it is tiresome.

Hanna, sounds like you are enjoying yourself, wonderful that you are able to do that.

kerry, good to see that you're back and I'll be praying for you guys, thats a tough situation but I think you're a pretty tough gal, so I'm sure that it will work out, but I'm also sure you will probably have a few headaches along the way.

joan, love the "taverns and teeth" thing. This town is very small and yet it contains 2 taverns and a liquor store, and this is an Amish community to boot. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM....

I gotta go , kids are fighting and I'm low on patience, whoohoooo!

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Evening everyone!

Hanna, what is O?

Kerri, welcome back. You stuck it out for a long time alone, I don't think I could have done it! Good luck with your step daughter.

Marianne, how far would you be moving?

Trish, did you go out to eat or did the ladies from chuch make the food? I think the calorie counting probably gets easier as it goes along.

I got bad news from my SIL who is also a dear friend to me. Her mother passed away this week. She hasn't seen her mother in 8 years. She never got to see any of her grandbabies, so sad.

Our water was out this morning so I am very much behind on laundry and mopping.

BTW, for those of you with kids. Did you find a huge difference from second to third grade as far as homework goes? It took us almost 2 hours last night. I am worried about the days I'll be at work and doesn't have me to sit with him. Last year, homework seemed to take no time at all.

Hope eveyone is having a good one!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

We are going to the coast again...thank goodness my parents have a beach house!

Ok, before anyone starts thinking "ooh, how hoity-toity" or anything, I'll give a bit of a back story.

My grandparents (maternal) were very wealthy. At one point they owned the house we lived in in Portland (rent free because we were living below the poverty level with my dad making $150 a week as a pastor...without that house we'd have been in a shelter), a cabin in the mountains in CA, an empty lot in the same area, a house in SanJose, and a beach house in Balboa, CA (VERY wealthy area...my great grandfather built the house). They eventually sold the SanJose house and the one in Portland when my parents were finally able to get their own place. Anyway, my grandmother died, and then my grandfather. The estate was huge! There are only 4 kids in the family to split it between too. The beach house for example went for 2.7 million.

My mom grew up visiting her grandparents at the beach house every summer, and regularly inbetween (her grandfather had become a millionaire during the depression...seems everyone in her family is wealthy but my part!). The best memories in her life are from there. Because of that she always always has wanted a beach house. Well that and the fact that she is never happier than when she is at the ocean. So, with her part of the estate, instead of buying a new car or paying off the house they live in, they found a beach house to buy. They didn't use all the money, just put a nice down payment on it, bought some furnishing (yay Ikea!), and then put the rest in savings to give her a bit of an "allowance" to spend for groceries and emergencies and occasional splurges. My dad is still a pastor. I'm the treasurer at the church (make a whopping $100.00 a month for it ). I have occasionally had to not pay my dad and myself because the church needed to pay electricity. My parents have their head above water, but will likely never retire. So, even though they have a beach house, they still qualify as lower middle class. Just seems posh.

Anyhoo...I think for some insane reason I feel guilty if anyone might think I'm rich like all my mom's family (both my mom's brothers own places in Hawaii as well as the homes they live in and I know one other has another spot as well) and much of my dad's. Don't ask me why...I have no logical explanation.

So...we'll be there Fri-Mon. Then, school starts on Tuesday. I'll be a total puddle probably because my youngest is starting pre-school. I'm worried about him because he's PAINFULLY shy as well as has comprehension delays. The teachers all know him as the school is part of our church (a Montessori school too which should help him out a bit) but I'm still worried.

there...me taking a heck of a lot of time to write "going to the beach and then the kids are starting school".
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Thats actually a very interesting story Caffeine. I hope you have a fantastic time at the beach! DS will be fine, school should help with the shyness some, especially if you encourage him to be active in some extra things here and there.

Alicia, My little DS went to 2nd grade this year and we've seen a drop in the amount of homework he's bringing homecompared to what he brought home last year in 1st. CRAZY!

Headed to bed, check in when I can tomorrow, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote