South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Night is Killing me

I do well all day and even dinner but the second I go back to the kitchen to put lunch together I'm the cookie monster (Hi Schmoo )
How do you guys combat snacking when you have to get stuff done in the kitchen?
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #2  
carinna

Make my BF do the "kitchen" stuff.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

On phase I, I always ate the Mocha Ricotta Creme and I was too stuffed to eat anything else in the evening. Now I eat so many veggies with supper I'm usually stuffed but I alway save a Tbs. of my almond butter after dinner and it really tops me off. My DH usually does the "kitchen stuff".
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Well, I keep no food out in the open or even in jars that are within a hand's reach. I also have a radio in my kitchen. It helps if I am listening to a radio program that I am really into; keeps my mind from wondering too much.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #5  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I put lunch together while I'm cleaning up from dinner (so I'm not hungry) or even preparing dinner (so I might be hungry, but for FOOD not cookies).

Don't have any cookies in the kitchen in the first place?
Or at least make them really inconvenient to get to - like in the freezer in the back.

Last edited by WebRover; 08-27-2008 at 02:16 AM.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:00 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I still like to "snack" at night. For me (ok, don't laugh) it's peanut butter. I get out a spoon and take a scoop of peanut butter and a scoop of cool whip and shove that baby in my mouth and just eat it over the counter. Just enough to get that "sweet feeling" without going nuts completely. Like a dinner "chaser"!!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
I still like to "snack" at night. For me (ok, don't laugh) it's peanut butter. I get out a spoon and take a scoop of peanut butter and a scoop of cool whip and shove that baby in my mouth and just eat it over the counter. Just enough to get that "sweet feeling" without going nuts completely. Like a dinner "chaser"!!
Thank you for that! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does that!

KO, sometimes I pop a minty BreathSaver in my mouth while I'm doing food prep to avoid snacking.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-27-2008 at 06:10 AM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #8  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I don't keep sweets in the house except for 70% dark chocolate, which I am able to only eat very little at a time because it is so rich. If I kept sweets in the house, I'd be snacking all the time.
Belle Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm okay, since we don't have a lot of bad things in the kitchen (or, it's stuff I don't like).

But....I haven't made cookies for my 3 and 5 year old children in ages. I know I will someday, and THAT's going to be tough!! Fresh cookies out of the oven? Maybe I can make cowboy cookies with WW flour (PB, oatmeal, and choco chips...are there dark chocolate chips? Or maybe chop up a bar?)
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #10  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
I eat the same thing in a dessert bowl. Makes me feel like I'm having a guilty, sinful dessert after dinner. Mmmmm. It's great with almond butter too.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote