Old 08-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #1  

Default new and in induction phase

hello everyone,

So glad to have found this site. Thank you so much for the great information in the skickys. I learned much while reading them.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

I started this on 08/04/08, and weighed on day 3, I was down 2.4lbs but today I am up 2.4lbs. Is this normal?

I have had 2 glasses of diet dew yesterday, and have used splenda café sticks in my coffee a couple of times. Maybe this is the problem?

My clothing less restrained than last week, perhaps I have lost inches?

Maybe should hold off on weighing for awhile?

Any more helpful tips are appreciated.

thanks,
Stacy
skunkadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/203/150

My hubby and I have been doing induction for 8 or 9 days, I am down 10 lbs and he is 8 lbs. He was losing and then yesterday he weighed and had gained back 3 lbs. We did nothing different! then this am he weighed and was down 4.5. So I think our bodies just do different things daily, retain water, and it probably depend on your exercise and activity also. So hang in there I would guess that it is perfectly normal to vary daily.
Stick with it it WORKS! not just losing weight either, I fell so much better than I have in years!!!!!
M
mseamons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #3  

Thank you for your reply.
I have noticed the past couple of days having more energy. Before I would get so so sleepy in the afternoon. And I haven't felt that way recently.
skunkadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #4  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I'll be starting the Induction diet after Labor Day weekend. Right now, I am preparing my shelves for it, gathering items needed along with recipes. Plus, we are going camping this weekend and I've already planned out the foods we're eating and already bought them- we can't afford to waste money right now (who can, lol?), so I am just going to start this the day after Labor Day. Wish me luck, LOL.

I just ordered Carbquik for when the Induction is over, in case I need a pizza or biscuit fix, heh heh. Several people recommended the Carbquik's cheese biscuits for a bread fix, so it should arrive sometime next week or the week after. This time, I want to do Atkins right- the last time, I went by the word of mouth of a friend and found out I was doing things wrong. I also wasn't prepared with the right foods and didn't understand the difference in the carbs.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
I just ordered Carbquik for when the Induction is over, in case I need a pizza or biscuit fix, heh heh. Several people recommended the Carbquik's cheese biscuits for a bread fix, so it should arrive sometime next week or the week after. This time, I want to do Atkins right- the last time, I went by the word of mouth of a friend and found out I was doing things wrong. I also wasn't prepared with the right foods and didn't understand the difference in the carbs.
to Atkins!!

You say you'd like to do Atkins right this time...may I make a suggestion? Get yourself a copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and read it from cover to cover. If there is anything you don't understand, read & re-read it until you understand exactly how & why this plan, when done correctly, works.

As for Carbquick, I wouldn't go near it until the last rung of the carb ladder on OWL and even then, I'd be quite cautious with it. If you "feel the need" for pizza or biscuits....there are some great recipes out there that are low carb & even Induction friendly
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/deep_dish_pizza.html
http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Ca...ts-Wow-in-Gold
http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2008/...ol-oopsie.html

All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #6  
I will do this.

I had a need for pizza the other day and made this instead: (And it's induction friendly at 6 carbs!)

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/portobello_parmesan.html

I lowered the carbs a bit by using cherry tomatoes instead of spag sauce and and using a smaller amount of cheese.

It was so amazing that my need for pizza just went away! My boyfriend even admitted that it was way better than regular pizza! I paired this with a lamb chop and there was no need to want anything else!

Last edited by Taylor86; 08-26-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

It's amazing how in your head, you think you're craving a high starch food, but once you make the lowcarb equivalent, your craving is satisfied. And there are so many lowcarb alternatives! I love Atkins!
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote