Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Diet Coke

I've been limiting my diet coke intake as of late. I had one today and it had a chemical aftertaste!!!! I'm guessing this is the aspartame ugh. Not appealing at all. I was drinking it away from a meal too, which is probably why it wasn't masked.

So interesting.

Anyone else experience this?
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:03 AM   #2  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I haven't had soda in nearly a month. I have stopped drinking it before, and the first few once you start drinking it again are nasty!
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, me too. I used to drink Diet Coke all day long. I've limited myself to one with lunch. Some days, I don't drink it at all. I had one this weekend, in the afternoon, not with a meal and it DID taste funny!
I guess it's time to stop it altogether!
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:52 PM   #4  

I used to be a Diet Coke junkie. Even when I'm not dieting, I prefer diet drinks. However, I drink more water now and only have it on occasion. When I do drink it, I find it too sweet to finish.

It's funny how our taste changes the healthier we become.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #5  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I've never like Diet Coke. It's always had a chemical taste to me. Blech! I would add some rasberry lemonade Crystal Light to it so I could drink one on the rare occasions I did have one.

But I'm far from virtuous about diet drinks: I really like Diet Code Red Mountain Dew and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. I have two (one of each) every day.

I know I should quit, and I will. But I'm not ready to yet. Right now I'm concentrating on getting my body and eating habits into shape, and then I will start fine tuning things like eliminating diet soft drinks.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I've only had them once in a while in the last 5 months. And while I have had a good one or two, they really just not tasting as good to me anymore. And I used to about live on the stuff.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Hmmmm - this is interesting - as I type this, I have a fountain Diet Coke next to me...and there is an odd aftertaste. Since June, I have cut WAY back on my diet soda consumption, from a 2-liter bottle a day to maybe one 20 ounce bottle every week or two. I haven't noticed any aftertaste from the bottled coke, but I haven't had one in several weeks, so, who knows? I drink iced green tea, sweetened with stevia and/or artificial sweetener, so the sweet is still there, just not the calories. Has anyone else found that the scale dropped shortly after eliminating the diet coke? My #'s dropped several pounds. But, who am I to question a loss?!?
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #8  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Every time I try eliminating Diet Coke, I end up having a harder time with controlling what I eat (and my weight loss stalls and I even start gaining weight)...it's hard to explain. I guess I'm somewhat addicted to Diet Coke. If I don't have one a day, then I eat other things to try to take the place of it such that I end up way over my points/calorie count for the day. I'm just better off to allow myself one Diet Coke a day. Sometimes I don't have one, but for now, at least until I get to my desired weight, I'm going to keep drinking them. I had to weigh the odds of what was worse, for myself...losing weight or having Diet Coke. It's really my only vice right now. Otherwise, I eat very healthy...I go to the farmer's market weekly (& get organic fruits and veggies), I don't eat hardly any processed foods at all, drink filtered water, don't use any beauty products (including shampoo's) with parabens in them, include as many super foods as possible, exercise on a regular basis, etc.
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote