Old 08-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/199/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Do you tell people your weight?

I do. I have no problems telling people how much I weigh. I figure as long as the number is going down it's something to be proud of lol.
Magz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Sometimes I want to just so they can understand the hard work Im putting in. Once my friend asked me. I asked her how much much she thought I weighed. She said 160!!! I told her she didn't need to do that, she didn't need to say something that would try to make me feel better (although I admit I never should have asked, because really, who wants to tell their friends they look like they weight over 200 lbs.) When I told her my real weight she said she didn't believe it and that it didn't show. PFFT. That just gets me more annoyed because it DOES. so, therefore normally, I don't.

I have no problem giving pant sizes though.
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

I tell when asked. Mostly because I am selfish. I love to see the shocked look on their faces when I tell them I have lost 48 lbs so far and have 64 more lbs to go. I also like seeing the shock when I tell them what size I wore and what size I am in now. I am evil.. hahahaha

They tell me that I will be too skinny if I lose an additional 64 lbs more, but then I tell them I started out at 262 lbs and want to end up at 150 lbs. They looked shocked again, and tell me that I didn't look, nor do I look, like I weigh that much. One person commented that I carried my weight well... carried my weight well???? One even said I didn't walk like I was a fat person.

So, how does a fat person walk? Dunno.

This doesn't embarrass me, in fact - it actually keeps me on track for myself.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

The only people who know my weight are the ladies at weight watchers, my Mom, and my besfriend! hehe
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #5  
carinna

carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/178/140

Height: 5'4"

No way!! My hubby doesn't even know how much I weigh! Just the WW ladies and me.
Krazedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #7  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

No! No one has asked If pressed, I'd probably lie by at least 40 pounds
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I am really surprised when people actually ask my weight; that has only happened once. She wanted to know where I started and how far I'd come. I don't mind volunteering the information if it is going to influence somebody in a good way.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

I tell my weight now, 30 weeks ago I didnt even dream of telling anyone. I was embarrased to weigh so much. I am now proud of how far I have came and tell those im close too only if they ask.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

I don't tell and haven't been asked. If anyone rude enough did ask, though, I'd ask them, "Why do you want to know?" in an effort to embarrass them.

About the walk - a lot of overweight people move their bodies side-to-side as they walk, instead of up and down.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Since I am just starting I don't want to tell anyone, but when I get nearing my goal weight then I will be more than happy to share my success
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #12  

Height: 4' 10"

No one has ever asked-thankfully! But I would just tell them None-ya, None-ya business.
But I feel like I can share it here.

~Dolly
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
I don't tell and haven't been asked. If anyone rude enough did ask, though, I'd ask them, "Why do you want to know?" in an effort to embarrass them.

About the walk - a lot of overweight people move their bodies side-to-side as they walk, instead of up and down.
Thanks Jane.. I guess I never paid attention to how people walk unless they have a very prounouced limp or are frail and need help with something.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

The only person who has ever asked me is my sister. And the folks at the DMV I guess.

I did lie to the DMV people earlier in the year, by about 20lbs. I was so close to not being in the 200's I just didn't have the heart to make it official in any way... I am finally an accurate reflection of DMV records now

Otherwise if someone asks me and they have a legitimate reason for wanting to know, I'd tell them. I'm pretty proud of how far I've come anyway. I wouldn't go shouting it from the rooftops but if asked....
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

I'm not about to get it tattooed on me, but if someone asked I'd tell. I don't want my weight to feel like a shameful secret. Because, it's not a shameful secret. It's like age. (But I shouldn't get started on why many think it so horrible to be a little older and a little wiser ... it's not.)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote