Old 08-23-2008, 08:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat Aug 23 & 24

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Got back from my visit with my grandparents yesterday afternoon, then had to bake & decorate a cake. It was a really nice visit, I'll post a pic. Grandpa is deteriorating each time I see him (about once a year) and they will be leaving for FL in two weeks, so I wanted to make sure I got to see him. funny, he can hear everything and his mind is sharp as a tack, but he has heart issues (on oxygen) and has a difficult breathing sometimes. Well, he IS 87 years old!

Anywho, hope everyone has a nice weekend planned. We are going to a block party today...so much fun. I have to make some popcorn cupcakes in a few minutes..the theme is Carnival. I already made clown cookies & choc. covered Krispy treats (so yummy!!).

I will check in tomorrow...lots to do. Hope you gals are all well. Have a super Saturday!!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning!
Pmasci, did you give me the pinkeye? Thanks a heap! My colours are royal blue and lime. Take this crap back, it doesn't match!!
CCmom, I read the bball story, hilarious, you scrappy scrapper, you!
Rlk, I'll tell you where your 1.6 lbs went. It's here, behind me somewhere.
So MIL and I went to order flowers at the nice grocery store. I was just going to pick some up with my Dad who used to have a flower shop, and he would make them. MIL insisted we at least go look to see what they have. It was a little overwhelming, but I ordered some beautiful gerber daisies in pink and white. 1 flower is enough for my flower girl and jr bridesmaid, 3 for bridesmaids, and 7 for me. I think that's too many!!!

Today, the Man and I are going trailer camping for a night at his friend's property. Some beer, some guitars, lots of fun!

The Man stumbled in around 4 AM from his Stag Party. His friend drove him home. They had lots of fun and probably drank all the beer and screech. Yuch! "Orange juice! Orange juice!" That is what woke me up. A FOUR in the morning.

I still haven't gone for a jog since he came home. Everything else is going on plan. I think!
Have a great day!

Last edited by Kofarq; 08-23-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:36 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Happy Weekend everyone!!

Early start today, been dealing with kids all AM...and I had to use non-dairy creamer in my coffee, out of milk!! Yeah, I know, you all feel sooo sorry for me! At any rate, here it is 12:36 and I haven't gotten a whole lot done! Better run!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hey all. I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. We had a end of summer party and my kids daycare...it is an in home and the family is just wonderful...they had a moonbounce and some delicious food and I tried to be super careful. However, we were there in the heat all afternoon b/c my son would not leave without a piece of birthday cake...doesn't associate birthday with presents...but with cake. A boy after his mother's heart.

Well, that is all for now...hope to chat more tomorrow...the little girl is crying. Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hi All!

Was doing well til DH wanted to go out and eat lunch. He wanted to go to the Chicken Place (bet you can't guess what they serve), we have only been one other time in the last 5 years. Why, you ask? All they serve is fried this, and fried that, and fried this, and fried that, needlesstosay, not the most healthy of choices. So we went, I ate, and now I feel nasty. I told him I wasn't feeling good about my choices, he told me I need to relax and enjoy our meal together. Blah, blah, blah. I wish he could understand I need him to be my accountability partner. He needs to tell me when I'm not making good choices and need to rethink my options and I'll tell him when he's being a moron. sounds doable to me.

Did get my exercise in this morning, still have a lot to get done but I really don't feel like doing anything the rest of the night except maybe for reading and watching Oklahoma with little Miss.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend, try to check in tomorrow.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi guys!! Sorry I haven't been around this week. We were on vacation and took a few day trips so I haven't been around. When I was home, I worked on my online store listing items... I haven't had time to do that so I really enjoyed organizing and listing some inventory. So we went down the shore and then yesterday we went to Hershey Park... THAT was a blast but I wish we had more than a day. That park is huge and they have a water park! Trust me, I was not thrilled about walking around in my bathing suit but everyone was so I had no choice... yikes!

Have a great weekend all!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Been scarce again, but my boy is ready for school. All supplies are bought, branded and packed in the backpack. Clothes are bought, washed and stored. Whoohooo!

I also organized the kid's closets. Alex's was awful, everything was falling out into the middle of his floor no matter how I tried stacking it in there. I found these cube things at Target that are amazing. It took me a few days and a few trips (you can only fit two into a buggy at a time) but I have those puppies looking AWESOME!! It was so much work sorting through their clothes to see what to keep at what to donate but it's done!

Last night we took the kids to the park and let them drive around in their Jeep. Alex decided to get out and Cass took over driving. OMGoodness, if anyone was there with a video camera it should be on America's Funniest Videos! I was hanging onto the Jeep making sure she didn't run over anyone or crash into any trees. I was practically running! LOL. It must have been hilarious to watch. At least I got in my exercise! Today we were at Wild West City and I spent all day running up and down Main St. taking Cass to the bathroom. I seriously got my exercise today. Whew.

DH has been awesome with encouraging me to get on the treadmill so I've done that quite a bit. I'd rather walk outside, I find the treadmill SO BORING. I can only make myself stay on it for 20 min max.

Hope all you chica's are having an awesome weekend.

Last edited by KarenK; 08-23-2008 at 10:20 PM.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Been busy with work of corse. Things here are going well. Just worn out. Eating has been okay...getting back on track from bad eating in Italy. I have the pics downloaded from trip, however i have to go thr them now...we have over 1000 pics LOL.

off to work i go!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Didn't get much done yesterday, so I'm playing catch up today!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls!

Went to an awesome block party yesterday...so much fun, lots of dancing. I had three beers (ugh, I hadn't had any in a month!!) and a few captain & diet cokes. Didn't eat too poorly, stayed away from the sweets (which I had made), overall not a bad day. Already back on the ball today, though!!! I'm going to post a pic of the popcorn cupcakes I made...they turned out so darn cute!!

Kori, PINKEYE!??! I don't think I've ever had that!! HOpe it goes away soon!! did you have fun camping last night??

Lauren, hope you get all your stuff done!!

Erin, the party sounds fun. Nice family to throw a party for the kids!!

Trish, I haven't had fried chicken in forever....sounds delish. I'm with ya, it is sooo hard to make good choices, esp. when there really aren't any !!! If you only go there every five years, though, I wouldn't beat yourself up too bad. Hope you & DD enjoyed th movie.

Val, I love Hershey Park. We went last year, only stayed for the day, and didn't even do the water park. You really do need to make it an overnight trip.

Karen, don't you love the feeling of accomplishment when you get something like that done?? Congrats!!

Gg,can't wait to see the pics. Good for you for getting the eating together!!

WEll, not much going on today. Going over to my dad's later for his birthday. Other than that not a whole lot, which is nice.

Hope everyone has a super day!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ those cupcakes are so darn cute. I bet that the kids *loved* them! We used to have a block party in our old neighborhood and it was great fun. There was a little park smack dab in the middle of our neighborhood.

Kori ~ Gerber daises are sooooo pretty. Good choice!

Lauren ~ Hi there! I'm with you regarding cream in my coffee. I buy a thing of half and half every other week or so and that is something that I just can't do w/o.

Erin ~ when do classes start? 4th grade special ed, right? God bless you!!!!!My DS has Aspergers/ADHD and he is a fourth grader. The boys tries the patience of a saint (and I ain't no saint;-).

Trish ~ I agree with Pam. Don't beat yourself up. I hardly ever eat fried chicken and what a treat it is when i do have it! How nice that your DH wanted to spend some time alone with you over a plate of fried food!

Valerie ~ Hershey Park sounds awersome! How far away is it from your home?

Karen ~ you go Girl! Feels so good to get organized. Keep up with the walking!

GG ~ hi there! Can't wait to see the photos. I'm currently reading, "Eat, Pray, Love" and all it is doing for me is feeling much envy for this woman that got to spend 4 months in Italy. She discovers spirituality and... a whole lot of pizza and good vino!

Gotta go ~ we're off to the pool and DH is saying NOW!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Joan... it's about a two hour drive (100 miles) but there was a back up on the turnpike and another backup as we got closer to the park so it took us 2.5 hours to get there but only 1.5 to get home!! LOL

It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast!! Chocolate world was the best... mmmmm...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hey guys!! We were going to take the kids to a cool outdoor play place down by the shore, but we saw the traffic going south and changed our minds!! Lordamercy, what a backup!!

We ended up bringing them to an indoor play place about 15 min from our house. It is totally awesome (wifi for the adults!). There's a diner, a beauty shop, a tool shop, a cinema, a grocery store, a dance studio and a HUGE climber. My kids are having an awesome time. They can hardly figure out what they want to do because there is so MUCH to choose from.

OK, gotta go locatge the girlie, haven't seen her in a few. Have an awesome Sunday!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote