Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #1  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

Default what's for dinner??

So, i made ~3lbs of pork loin on sunday so that i would have my protein for the week... i have a whole schedule of food to make with the pork

for tonight i'm having BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza

how i'm going to make it (it could taste like crap, i won't know until i try it tonight)

Canned pizza crust (by pillsbury)
~12oz Pulled pork
BBQ Sauce
Mozzerella cheese shreded

put pizza crust on pizza stone
put BBQ sauce down as pizza sauce
Pull apart pork and put on top of BBQ sauce
cover with cheese
bake according to directions on Pizza crust or until cheese is melted.

This should be rather low cal. I'll report back when i make it and try it tonight... perhaps even with a picture of what it turned out like

what is everyone else eating? did you plan all of your dinners for the week?
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You could lower calories even more on that pizza by using light mozzarella, and even by finding reduced sugar barbecue sauce...I use one made with Splenda. Yum!

My dinners for the week:

Monday: Sausage, lentil, and veggie soup - brown chicken sausage in soup pot sprayed with cooking spray (I rinse and drain the fat, but that's optional), add in a chopped onion and two cloves of garlic, and cook until soft. Add in 6 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a boil, add one cup raw lentils, and cover. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Add: 3 diced carrots, 4 diced stalks celery, 3 diced zucchini. Cover again and simmer 25 minutes, or until vegetables and lentils are cooked.

Tuesday: Giant salad: Grilled chicken, grilled bell pepper, grilled zucchini, grilled red onion, plus broccoli, carrot, sugar peas, a laughing cow wedge, and crispy baked wonton strips

Wednesday: Spaghetti bulked out w/ bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion, with meatballs and marinara sauce.

Thursday: Ginger-Soy Marinated Chicken Skewers with Multigrain Pilaf (it has couscous, baby garbanzo beans, lentils...it's really good!), grilled zucchini

Friday: Fresh roast turkey breast w/ lemon and garlic, roasted potato wedges, and brussels sprouts glazed with a bit of balsamic vinegar
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't think I'll be making dinner tonight, I'll be too busy packing my bags to come live with MANDA !!!

YUM on your menu! I love your planning!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

All my dinners are planned for this week too (I always plan next week's meals on Friday since I go the the farmers' market and grocery stores on Saturday).

This week the farmers' market had fresh figs. I love love love fresh figs. So last night we had Chicken with Figs, Fennel, and Bacon and we're having the leftovers again tonight. The fennel I had growing in the backyard turned out to be too tough, so I subbed celery and yellow bell pepper for the fennel.

Wednesday and Thursday night we are having Curried Chicken Salad with Spiced Chickpeas and Raita. I'm having mine of fresh spinach, I'll serve my SO his over whole wheat cous cous (he's not on a restricted calorie diet).

Friday and Saturday we are having Ground Turkey and Tofu (except that I don't like peas, so I'm subbing carrots, red bell pepper, and celery--have to use up the rest of the celery--for the peas).

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 08-19-2008 at 01:10 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

This is what I am on track to make the rest of the week:

Tonight is soy sausage, kale, and white bean soup.
Tomorrow, mini tofu quiches with broccoli and roasted red potatoes.
Thursday, BBQ lentil burgers and fresh corn on the cob.
Friday, chickpea cutlets, sauteed yellow squash, and quinoa pilaf.

The weekend is a toss-up because we are moving Saturday and Sunday... we may just have to feast on boca burgers and baked fries

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 08-19-2008 at 02:28 PM.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #6  

I'm supposed to go out to dinner tonight with my DH for my birthday. I will definitely stay true to plan because it's not worth the guilt tomorrow.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Not too inspiring, but grilled chicken, a small red potato, baby green beans and (another) grilled peach. Maybe a blueberry romaine salad.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:43 PM   #8  

I've been ordering from a local delivery service souppeddler.com. They do soups and some non-soup dishes. They dont provide nuritional info so I just look at the ingredients list and watch my portions.

Today I had squash casserole and then a barley/kale combination with miso. I added a small salad of tomatoes and baby sweet bell peppers.

It was awesome and I felt good that i got veggies in that i otherwise might not have bothered eating.

Tomorrow is corn and chicken chowder which i will spike with fresh spinach. Yum!
abie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #9  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

tonight i'm making BBQ Pork pita sandwiches or...

a hot open faced pork sandwich with Low cal gravy with roasted white potatoes and zuchini on the side.

tomorrow i'm making Pork Pad Thai and my coworker is probably going to come over and eat with me
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #10  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Leftover salmon, whole grain rice, and a small salad.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:51 PM   #11  

My husband made oven baked hot wings! We had a tossed salad with it. Sugar-Free Jello for dessert. Yum!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote