Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down Period of Craving

* We all seem to be aware of some water weight during TOM. But I ask if this time of the month is also responsible for some craves. Or is it just an excuse???
Fact is that I am pretty good at refusing “bad food” during the week and yesterday I could not resist a cookie and 2 caramel cashews. And at night after dinner I had craving for some that was baked.
Usually I have hard time after dinner, but it is easily fix with fruit or SF jelly. But last night I wanna some that was baked with white floor. It was terrible... I held myself and went to bed, but it was difficult.
So today I was thinking over why I am craving food so much and realize TOM is coming.
Am I fantasying it or it is real?
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #2  
Workin' It

Oh, it is real... At least it is for me... Don't ask me why, but I always have sugar cravings during the week before. I'm approaching mine now too. I take Seasonale, so I only have TOM every three months, that helps control it, but I feel like the cravings are worse. Could be in my head, don't know. This is my first one since I've been serious with the calorie counting and exercise so I might be blowing it out of proportion in my head...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Absolutely! I actually find I crave dairy, specifically milk!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

I start wanting something salty and dark chocolate. Pita chips or something like that...mmm. Dove doesn't cut it, a nice extra dark lava cake might, but usually with the chocolate available in your regular store I'm just left frustrated.

Lauren...milk or at least calcium can help relieve cramps...so that is a good thing to crave. Also, dark chocolate is one that isn't all that horrible to crave because of the anti-oxidants and because of the mood enhancing endorphins (did you know that the endorphin rush you get from chocolate lasts longer than it does from kissing?) probably make living with us easier on those around us.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

I crave sweet & salty during the pre-TOM time. So, when I eat the salt, I end up retaining even MORE water! Ugh, the trials we women must go through!
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

You know Misty...it stinkin' isn't fair! We are the ones who have to deal with TOM, we have to deal with pregnancies, we have to deal with the fact that no matter what...guys could sit on their hind ends all day doing nothing but we'd have to be running a marathon to eat the same number of calories that they are barely existing on. Plus...they can pee in the woods without first checking for nice wide leaves!

See, I swear I was born in the wrong century. Two of my favourite artists are Sir Francis Dicksee and John William Waterhouse. They seemed to LOVE painting slightly chubby redheads. I no longer have the hair I used to before kids and seizure medication but otherwise...I would pretty much have fit their ideal. Now...blonde 100 pound 5'8" women with straight hair...the only thing I have in common with them is that I'm a woman...oh, and I weigh 100 pounds...give or take 80.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

lol
you're right about the cherub-type women in some of the older paintings.
really, i'da probably stayed at 200# forever, if it wasn't for the "morbidly obese" label that i finally hit on the bmi chart. i'm a single mom and decided i'd better be at least healthy enough to be here to see my daughter go to college!
really, though, we do seem to struggle with our weight a lot more than men.
i just want to be healthy again
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote