View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #24
MotoMichelle

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.

I hope you all don't mind me joining in here. I used to belong to another popular weight loss forum, and while the people there were nice and supportive I didn't really feel I could truly be myself there. I do feel I may fit the alternachicks forum, though.

Here's a little info:

General: I'm 30 and happily married to my husband for 5 years now. We live in Houston with our Great Dane Cooper and cat Aiden. We are child-free by choice. I'm a computer programmer and work with a great bunch of people.

Books: I mostly enjoy reading informative non-fiction. I like to read books about health, gardening, religion, or whatever topic I may be interested in. I rarely read fiction, but from what I have I've enjoyed Anne Rice, Stephen King, and Neil Gaiman.

Movies/TV: I loved The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Hobbies: My main hobby is motorcycles. Oh my how I love them. I have two motorcycles currently: a 2007 DL650 and a 2006 GS500F. They are both fun in their own way. I don't really care so much for the Harley/cruiser thing. I'm more of a sportbike girl. I also enjoy gardening (mostly veggies).

Religion: I'm a pagan-pantheist. I love to talk religion with open-minded people, but for the most part I keep my religion quiet in day-to-day life. I celebrate the solstices and equinoxes privately in my home.

Weight: My highest weight ever was 250. Over a couple years I lost 20 lbs but this last April I dedicated myself to getting healthy. So at 230 I joined a gym, hired a trainer, and took control of my health and fitness. Today I'm at about 206 and looking forward to hitting onederland. My ultimate goal is to get around 150.

Well, that's about it. I've really enjoyed reading all the other bio's. Looks like a great group and a group where I can feel relaxed to be me.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote