Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Thur August 21t

Morning all. Well i'm down 1.5 lbs from the trip...so i'm slowly working my way back to were i was.

Pam- you are doing great...good job and keep up the work

K-i bet you're happy your man is home. The wedding is coming up right?

Lauren- hope you got better sleep.

Hey to everyone else. Hope everyone has a good day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #2  

GG--Great job on the 1.5 lb loss!! That was fast!

P--Thanks for the water tip. I will try it today!

We had a fun evening!! I am glad we did that--the boys had just as much fun, though. I need to get a work out today for sure since tomorrow is weigh in!! I am hoping for a loss!!! Today is preschool orientation for the twins so that will be exciting. Until then, I have tons of housework to do--including find the source of the smell in the kitchen. Yuck! Have a good day!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #3  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' Mornin' Mornin' Everyone!
Gotta go brew me some coffee, because I am still not awake. *yawn* Going grocery shopping and a few other errands today. A light workout if my youngest naps and then a walk in the jog stroller. A simple day all in all. Well off to brew me some .... coff.... *bang * head on desk. LOL! Back later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #4  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Just wanted to wish everyone a great day! I have to head out in a little bit, I have an appt at the Derm today.

I'll check back later!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/184/150

Good morning everyone,

Thanks to all for the supportive words yesterday. Joan, I'll try discussing it with myself and night and when I'm standing in front of the open cupboard!

GG - Good job on the 1.5lb loss!

pmasci - just reading your post got me craving water...a good start! Thanks!

RLK - have fun at the preschool orientation, how exciting! DD's is next week.

So I had the timer set on the coffee so that it would be ready when I got up early to work out. I figured that would get me motivated. Literally 30 seconds before the alarm went of DS woke up and decided he was up for the day. He usually sleeps another hour and a half. There went the workout idea! It's so frustrating!!

Have a great day everyone!
guppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

GG how nice to loose 1.5# so quickly! do you feel blotted from the trip, the change in altitude an all...?

Guppy I love the timer on the coffee pot, great invention, it works out great for us here, I can set it all up the night before and DH appreciates it.

Alicia howdy! what's up? do you have skin problems? good luck a the derma

RLK good luck with all the stuff you have to do today, hope the smell in the kitchen is nothing major!

Pear

I have no clue why am I up this early, I just couldn't sleep I guess, DH couldn't sleep either we stayed in bed for a little while and now he is back in bed and I am up so I am going to get DS ready. He is very excited about camp, he loves it, he is having a great time.
Today I am running tons of errands, I hope I can figure out how to put together my sweater, I was having a very hard time w/the sleeves.
Today I have to start watching what I eat I have been eating out a lot and I am up to 114 (2 or 3#s + than I like to be, at this time anyway). I know I it is going to be very difficult staying off the food in Vega, oh well!!!
I have to go get DS up
See you guys later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #7  

good morning

gg: great job on the loss ... you'll be back where you were in no time!

pam: thanks for asking about dominic yesterday...school and football are great...he is super busy...difficult schedule..he seems to be doing fine so far...he is not at sears anymore..he had to give notice a little while back...they were hving a hard time working him around all the things he is required to do and he was getting into trouble for working during meetings...so he is working at my office..only 6-8 hours a week..that is enough...as for me...i bring food every single day to work...i think one whole shelf in the refriderator is my stuff...i actually should clean some out...but i just dont eat..its like i forget....i am bringing a little alarm clock today an setting it to go off..hopefully that will help

rlk: sounds like your day with your daughter yesterday was fun!...those days are special...preschool orientation!...yeah!!!...are they excited?...have fun

pear: did you get that coffee???...a simple day sounds great...have fun

alicia: hey girl!!!!

hanna: how is sean??...when does he start school??...dont wear yourself out running all those errands...have a great day..when do you leave for vegas?

guppy: the little ones waking up early must be in the air..my little guy got up a little bit ago and he is usually a sleeper...he got up an hour earlier than he normally does...hopefully you can get a workout sometime today...way to go for getting motivated and trying to get it in this morning!...effort counts for a lot!...have a great day

well...nothing new here...same old thing...that is a good thing though i think....have a great morning!!!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!!

Been a little busy this AM.

GG, congrats on the loss!

Christina, hope the alarm works for you!

Hello to everyone else!

have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Ladies. The Man has gone to do some wedding errands and visit with a few of his buddies, so I have some time to get my sewing done. And make some phone calls. I think that's all I have to do. Plan the rehearsal. Talk to the music lady. Have a happy!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

GG - Congrats on the 1.5 lb loss!!

RLK2005 - Have fun at orientation! And good luck getting rid of the smell!

PearFreak - Hope you got enough coffee!!

lois lane - Hope your appt goes well!!

guppy23 - Sorry you missed out on your workout. How old is your son?

Hanna - Good luck with the sweater! Are you knitting or crocheting?

Christina S - Have a great day!

Lauren - Sorry you are so busy! I have days like those!

Kofarq - Glad to hear your man is home!

Well, my internet at work was down (again! ) so I didn't get a chance to get on here for a couple of days! Just wanted to say "HI!!" to everyone and let you know I will be MIA all next week. I will be in Indianapolis for the Medicare Convention, and then I have Fri off work. I don't usually have time in the evenings to get on the computer - the kids demand too much of my attention! They start school next week, so I need to do laundry, shop, and get them all ready for school - and pack all my stuff!! DH gets to get them to school all next week. Hopefully things go well for him. I am done with this semester of school and I get 4 whole weeks off!! I won't know what to do with myself!! I hope everyone has a good day!!

Holly
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hey all! busy here...still trying to figure out where everything goes in this classroom...I know I am making headway but it just doesn't look like it.

I have been going through a fat slump...just need to seriously make this thing work! I was doing so good then got sidetracked...why oh why?

hanna- i teach 4th grade special ed...i love it!

hope all of you are doing well...any tips for lasting changes? I don't really want to "diet" the calorie counting has been going well I just need to make sure it sticks...

congrats to all those who lost!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Afternoon all you Chicks!

OK, so I seem to be back to living life again. I'll give you the shortest version I can. One week before my oldest was supposed to be leaving for college in TN, we get a call from the coach saying the NCAA had informed them he was ineligible to compete in DIV I athletics. I was shocked to say the least because he took the higher end classes in HS for the Core 40 diploma, so we went to the HS to look into matters, they didn't think about counseling him his junior year to make sure that all his credits were on track. This is of course because he runs and as we all know in the state of IN basketball is the only "real" sport. Turns out the requirements last year were 14 credits this year they were 16 and he has 15. So, he lost his scholarship and all the time and money I have spent taking him down there for testing and orientation weekend etc,etc... So we had to get his loans down there cancelled and figure out where he was gonna go that he could still run, so he is in school now in a smaller private college and they gave him a scholarship so all is not quite so bad but we do still want him to go to the other school next year. At the same time as all this was going on, my oldest DD was still having leg trouble after just taking her to the doc, we have been going round and round with this leg thing for 2 years and he kept saying theres nothing wrong then this last time he said it was a stress frac, so 4 weeks in a boot then when he said she could start slow again, the pain returned. So, I got a referral from a different doc. and took her to see Sports Med. Dr in Indy that does work for the Colts and some colleges up there. 15 min is all it took to diagnose her, she had surgery last week and should be up and going full steam in the next 4 or 5 weeks. She's gonna miss most of the CC season, and I'm here kicking myself in the tush for not taking her somewhere else sooner. So, this is whats had me down, its just been so much rushing to get him to college, then rushing to get him out of college and into another college and at the same time dealing with the other kids problems and I felt like I was going to snap. I have had headache after headache after headache. BUT, I'm feeling much better and theres no point in crying over spilled milk I just gotta clean it up and move forward.

I have resumed my running and biking, I've been watching what I eat, I'm not obsessing but I'm asking myself those ?'s of do I really need this or do I just want it, is it gonna make me feel good at the end of the day? So far, so good. I'm not ready to get near the scale though

Gotta go, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Trish,
So sorry to hear about all of your troubles! It sounds like you are getting back on track and things are looking up now. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
Holly
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Trish, what a fiasco! I would've been furious with the HS!! Glad he was able to get into a different college for this year. Was there a reason he couldn't still go to the other college? (I'm probably missing something.)
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Evening everyone!

Trish, ughh. I would be so mad about the college stuff and poor ds, I remember all the trips and stuff. What exactly was the problem with dd's leg?

Christina, thats cool that dominic gets to spend some time with you at work. Glad to hear he's doing so well!

Hanna, I have lupus and luckily its limited right now to my skin. The meds I am on are amazing. I kick myself when I think how long I suffered and didn't go to the dr. There seems to be alot of no sleeping going on. My problem is my DH, his tossing and turning keeps me up. Once he settles I'm wide awake.

Holly, 4 weeks off sounds good! What are you in school for?

Erin, I'm sure things will come together in your classroom. What a chore that must be!

Kofarg, congrats on having your man home!

GG, congrats on your loss, we're all still waiting for pics!!!!

Joan, hows the ww, are you still going or doing it at home now?

Pam, I think you asked, mckayla is in 8th grade this year, next year she'll be in high school!

Hey to everyone else and anyone I missed. I guess all the teacher are pretty busy. Havent seen Toni or Kerry around in a while!

Well school is off to a good start this week. I got a ton of errands done today. I still have to sign Spencer up for after school care.

We checked out the gym yesterday. Its pretty small but will be fine. I mainly want to do the treadmill. Now I just have to get over my social anxiety and go by myself!

Hugs to everyone!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote