Old 02-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/148/120

Height: 5"2

Default Need other chick-hen friends on weight loss journey

Hi,

I am a chick-hen when it comes to weight loss. I need some other weight loss friends to help me on my journey. I am a 47 year old women who wants to look great when I turn fifty. I want to lose 20 pounds by my 48th birthday in June.

I am an emotional eater and have very little will power when it comes to sweets and chips! I know the easiset way is not to buy them in the first place but sometimes I can not help myself. Also, I love eating out..its a hobby.

Plus, I have two sons under 12 years old so I feel guilty if I don't buy cookies.
Anyway, I hope I can find some new friends who have a sense of humor about weight loss and would like to motivate eachother!
chickhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi chickhen and welcome to the forum. There are a lot of us in the same boat. Why don't you pop into the chat thread you will find lots of support in there. We talk about anything and everything in there.

I too would like to look good by the time I turn 50. I only have until next year to do it.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #3  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Chickhen ... WELCOME!!! Hope to see you in the "40 Something Chat Thread" soon.

Chris

Last edited by Chris; 02-19-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: quotations around the chat thread name
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #4  
Lola is Back!

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Hello chickhen! Welcome

I'm 43 and have two kids 10 and 12. I have been all over the board weight wise and now am back over 200 ..again. I spent 5 years around 140 pounds -- and have slowly put it all back on.

I have been on this site for about a month. It is great support. Come and post often. I think it does help.
Lola125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Hello Chickhen
I am 45 with a 15 and 11 year old daughters at home. my 11 year old is over weight too. I dont buy the cookies.. or chips ( they are evil) I try to have them make better choices that still taste good. It I dont teach them now they may end up like me.
Tracy
mommamurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

Hi chick-hen ,

Agree - Cookies and chips are evil ... does having a thin husband who loves them and eats them without gaining an ounce make him evil?

I just joined the forum this week, and hope to join Team THIN soon! (Confession: I had to work late yesterday, came home tired and grumpy and made Nachos last night, so maybe Team "I am Afraid to step on the scale" is more likely to be in my future)

Good luck!
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/237.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Chickhen -

Consider yourself be-friended. I'm also 47 and very unwilling to spend my 50's at the same weight or in the same frame of mind that I've spent my 40's.
cw61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:05 AM   #8  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Default Bring Back that Sexy Feeling

Hey ! Chick-hen and all y'all other young ladies . What's up other than my scales? I am 46 years young and need'in to turn my here life around. Y'all know what i mean? I still think I'm 16 and I got to get this here weight off so I can feel sexy and good again all at the same time.......I bet somebody out there knows what I'm saying:

Last edited by Dumplin; 03-01-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #9  
Celiac sister

S/C/G: 278/278/175

Height: 5'6

Smile

Hi there chick-hen,
I'm brand spankin' new and you're my first ever post. I definitely have a sense of humor about dieting--and I'm glad to find a new friend who's taking a stab-again-at weight loss. I hope having some support will make the difference.
lifesalaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #10  

I just turned 48 and am ready to take off twenty lbs. In spite of my best efforts, the weight has been creeping on (although, hopefully it wasn't my really best effort!)

So....I'm thinking of taking all the good advice I have been reading and actually try to do it - cut calories, cut alcohol, exercise every day, moderate my stress through meditation (and occasional shopping trip).

Glad to meet you all. I have four daughters, aged 7 - 11.

How/when do I access the chat (new here)?
thanks
DenGlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #11  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenGlen View Post
I just turned 48 and am ready to take off twenty lbs. In spite of my best efforts, the weight has been creeping on (although, hopefully it wasn't my really best effort!)

So....I'm thinking of taking all the good advice I have been reading and actually try to do it - cut calories, cut alcohol, exercise every day, moderate my stress through meditation (and occasional shopping trip).

Glad to meet you all. I have four daughters, aged 7 - 11.

How/when do I access the chat (new here)?
thanks
Hi Denglen and welcome to the 40 somethings.

We have a good chat thread, here is the link to it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=148025&page=8

Pop in and meet some nice people.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/261/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi chickhen I too am trying to lose weight and feel better before my 50th birthday. I am 46 now. I have 3 children, all live at home. My 2 oldest are boys and my youngest is a girl. My oldest is 24 and my other son is 14, neither of them have weight issues. My daughter is 8 and a bit overweight. I am trying to show her better choices in eating. I did not have a weight problem till I was in my 30's but I want to set a better example for her now.
and Dumplin I absolutely know what you are saying

Welcome chickhen and all the other new members posting here. Hello!!
dmz1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Chickhen,
I'm 46 and looking to drop some of those unwanted pounds before the next decade arrives on my body calendar! My only child is 22, so he's old enough to buy his own treats now (but I still buy them anyway). At 225, I have a short term goal is 25 lbs. It's been a while since my scale read a three digit number beginning with "1"! My long term goal is to get our of the plus-size department.

I need to lose a lot more than 20 lbs, but I know every little bit will help! I joined 3FC because I need all the support I can get!
WindyCityG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #14  
k8t
k8t

Default Chatter

Hello, WindyCity G and Welcome!

The thread that has the most activity is the Chatter thread for the month. If you click on the last number, it will take you to the last entries. Most people stop by there everyday, and maybe one or two other threads that interest them.

Come join us!
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #15  
47er

S/C/G: 215/191/155

Height: 5'6"

Default I know this is an older thread but I have a suggestion

This really worked for me.

My husband is Mr skinny. No matter how much he eats, it is hard for him to gain weight. He is the energizer bunny. Anyways he loves gummie bears and junk food. I try to get him the healthier junk food but still it is too much for me calorie and carbwise. So what I did is he has his own cupboard for his junk food and I have my cupboard for my healthy snacks. Maybe do the same for your kids. That way you only have to see it when you load it up for them.

Karen
dolphinlvr is offline   Reply With Quote