Old 08-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Tuesday, 8/19

Mornin' All!

It's pretty nice out here today! Hoping it stays that way...I didn't hear the forecast.

Welcome to all our newbies! I know there's been a few over the past week or so that I've missed.

GG, Welcome back! Do you have pics posted yet??

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #2  

Hello all! I had a great day yesterday and it's motivating me to do well today. Well, my little one just dumped a bottle of water onto the carpet. I guess I better go. Have a good day everyone!!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/184/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Nice day here too, but I think it's supposed to get pretty hot later. I guess I'd better fill up the pool!

RLK - I'm glad you had a great day yesterday - I hope today is just as great! how old are your kids? I've got a just turned 3 year old and a 21 month old. Dumping a bottle of water on the carpet sounds like something both of them would do!

I hope everyone else has a great day too!
guppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #4  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello Everybody!!

Kiddos really wanted to go to the park today, but alas the rainy windy gusty horrible stay indoors and make me CrAzY storm is heading our way. Soooooo, instead we are making brownies and frosting them too . So not good for ones diet. Uh-Uh! Maybe one or two will only make it past my lips.
Wasn't able to go to the gym yesterday as dh came home from taking tests all day and just wanted to chill. So I am insisting we go today. I need to go there. I want to go there. Is that the gym calling my name? Oh yes it is!!

Welcome to all the newbies! Looking forward to reading more of your posts, and helping you along this journey.

Well kiddoes are getting anxious to get baking, so I am off... chat later

Last edited by PearFreak; 08-19-2008 at 10:06 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #5  

good morning!!!....ive been a stranger....but i have missed all of you!...my days seem to pass me by...just been super busy.....gained weight...about 5 pounds...cant stand it...but working on getting it back off

lauren: hope you have a great day...its going to be just comfortable here today...like yesterday...not sure about the weather where you are at but out here the weather has been crazy...hot, cold , regular...just never know...have a good one!

rlk: so glad you are motivated...you'll do great!..send some of that motivation my way...have a good one!

marianne: hope you get the pool filled up if its gonna be hot...stay hydrated!...have a great day

pear: thats just crazy that its raining and storming in august!!...i hope you get to the gym today...and i hope only 1 or 2 brownies slip into your mouth...have fun with the kids

well...we have had babies every day since wednesday...been super busy when august was supposed to be our slowest month of the year is turning out to be the busiest...dominic started school last week ... big smile....and little mario is just as busy as ever...

hi to all...i will definately try to check in later....have a wonderful tuesday!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hello ladies!
I have busy morning! I am leaving in a few minutes. Just wanted to say hi

Later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

hey all! what a busy weekend...I am here back at school putting my room together...busy and tiring...but a little workout too! I am having a little slump with the diet...got a little carried away and gained two pounds...so needless to say that today I am back on the wagon, counting it all up on sparkpeople and trying to make these lifestyle changes stick...I know it will be some ups and downs until i get it right and consistent but not too bad.

well, i looked into that Eating clean book...not for me. Yeah, I know we should eat better...but i want a cookie, and as long as I count it in...I can have it..who wants to put bee pollen on their steel cut oats? Not me!

Have a great day everyone! Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

ChristinaS, there are brownies that fly around and slip into peoples' mouths? I just knew it!!! I better keep my eye open!

My SIL-to-be coloured my hair last night. I have a few little greys I blame on
her brother. I can't believe this lady. When I met her I was a little afraid of her. She's very tall, and strong, and take-no-crap-from-nobody. She has been so nice to me. She did my hair with salon colour, and she's paying for her dress (Bridesmaid) and the dresses for her 3 daughters (Flower girls) plus shoes. And she and her Mom (MIL) threw me a Shower. How can I repay her? Well, both of them. They're both very casual, you know no-big-deal kind of gals. If I made a big deal of this, they would be very, 'Oh, no, that's all right..." Besides wedding party gifts, and thank you cards, what can I do?

Well, off to clean the...EVERYTHING! (Dang it!)

I think I saw a brownie fly past the window! Better cover my mouth and investigate! Mmph hmff hrmff mrffm!

MMM, pollen!

Last edited by Kofarq; 08-19-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls!!!

Been busy all morning...after my jog (yes, I jogged 1.75 of my two miles...I love it, but my knees will be angry at me tomorrow) I started baking cookies & just finished decorating them. 36 clown cookies for a carnival themed block party this Saturday. Next I have to make some choc. covered Krispy treats...yum. I am taking a quick trip to MA to see my grandparents on Thurs...will come home Friday evening, so I need to get a lot done now. I have a shower cake to do Friday night...busy, busy, when it rains, it pours.

Will try to check in later & do personals. Gotta go log my water intake & get started on the treats.

Have a super day all!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #10  

Marianne--I have 4 year old twins and an 18-month old. Actually, I am not sure that my twins wouldn't dump water some days... But it was the little guy this time.

Erin--Ha! Bee pollen on steel cut oats--sounds wonderful. I am w/you--I would rather plan for the cookie.

Christina--I wish I had some motivation to give. I feel I am on shaky ground myself. We can do it, though!!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

I normally end up posting at the end of the day so I thought I'd jump in early this time.

Mmmm brownies!

Finally getting nice weather here in Oregon again. I do NOT do well with hot weather.

I'm going to a running shoe store today to see how much shoes for me would cost. I need to get walking but with my back problems from the car accident, cheap payless shoes won't work anymore. They have you stand on something and take a video of you walking on a treadmill. I know I have bad feet. They are very flat which made it hard going en pointe back when I was in ballet. I can't wear Nike shoes because it feels like I'm walking on golf balls. I don't know if part of my problem is that somewhere between high school and college my feet actually shrank almost 3 sizes! I went from about an 11 and getting close to being able to wear my dad's shoes to wearing an 8 and finally being able to borrow shoes from my mom and sister. I freely admit...I'm a freak of nature. In high school I actually had to buy a couple pairs of men's shoes because they didn't make soccer shoes in my size. I think I bought my track spike shoes in men's sizes too because they were better than the women's. Anyway, I hope we can get shoes that will work for more than a couple weeks like the last pair I got. Spending $120 or so every month would make it so we had to sell our house just so I could keep walking!
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #12  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Caff, wow, I wish I had that problem!! I wear a 12W, up from 11 before kids!! I get New Balance, they are the most comfy for me.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Oh but Lauren, shoe sizes in general are supposedly going up (and you are freakin' tall too...lucky bum) with the whole population and so they are making nice shoes in bigger sizes. True, they are probably ridiculously expensive still, but I bet now you could find better shoes without having to go to the men's department anymore.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/184/140

Height: 5'7

@Lauren I wear a size 10-10.5W and I am Indian. A total freak of nature. Indian women have average shoes sizes of 5-7. When I was growing up in Singapore, I bought men shoes, or really fugly expensive shoes. The first time I walked in Payless(back in 1999) , I thought I died and went to heaven when I saw they had ssizes upto 13.

Today was a good day. My older 2 had their first day of school. Both had fun.
The boys and I went to the gym. did the strenght training circuit and 30 mins on the elliptical. Came home, had lunch, both boys napped at the same time, I tooka 40 min power nap, did laundry, did dishes, made dinner, made chai(and had too many Ritz crackers) and then the girls came home with the usual buttload of paperwork from school.
Now,its almost 5 and I might *convince* dh to let me go for my nordic walking,since my step count is only 5k.
asaaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

asaan- you are too funny...fugly shoes! I haven't heard that word in ages...
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote