South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chatterings

Wow, here it is 6:45 and no one has started today's chat! I decided to sleep in a bit this morning, and now I'm feeling a bit guilty about it.
Monica and my granddaughters are coming out today to go to the outlets for some school shopping, but I don't know if I feel like going along. If I didn't have Audrey & Maggie with me I'd go, but shopping with them plus Carley just doesn't sound like a good way to spend the day. They plan to come back to my house afterwards for a swim, so I think we'll just wait for them here. I think we'll just order pizza for supper, and I'll make a peach cobbler for dessert.

Coffee's tasting mighty good this morning!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:04 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage...good plan. School shopping..ick, I'd rather eat dirt!! Have fun swimming!

Me...just a Tuesday. Work and more work and then for fun, maybe more work and laundry and dishes.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #3  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Cottage and Femme Creole,

Another hot and humid sunny day here.

Lately there have been quite a few interruptions and distractions, and I find that I'm writing much less than I used to. So I'm hoping to get some words down onto the page today, and ignore the messy house and those closets that need cleaning!

Cottage, enjoy your pizza and cobbler!
Femme Creole, hope you have a great Tuesday!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, that dinner plan is NOT BEACHY :P Good thing you are maintaining!

enjoy your day Femme!

Hi belle, simulposting!

Me, Remeber a couple weeks ago I interviewed at a place and really liked it? I have a second interview this afternoon. I'm the only one from the temp agency being called back in.

The new pup (see my cool post in Mondays thread) is so full of energy. He's 100% puppy! Thinking to have him fixed to calm him down. Jade's enjoying having him here to play with. But she's not really letting him get near me too often. He needs a lot of work. He jumps on people (something not allowed in this house.) As I mentioned they didn't work with him at all. Poor boy. I put him in Jade's crate, he's not used to that style crate, and he insists on being in whatever rom I'm in, so I had to move the crate in my bedroom. I had planned on Jade sleeping on a bed (blanket) next to my bed anyway. He finally settled down after about an hour, good thing I was tired and went to bed at 930 rather than 11! HE wanted out sometime around 2 am. So I let both of them out for potty break, When I brought them back into my room he went into the crate no problem (I think he realized it's pretty cool in there.)

I'm still debating on wether getting him was such a good idea, he needs a lot of work. However, I have never seen Jade seem so happy!

You have to read my story on him taking a bath! I still cant get over that.

Last edited by Loriann7; 08-19-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks, it is pouring here this morning and it is dark and dreary. Kinda of a depressing day. The day is around here is going to be pretty quiet again so I think I will do some kitchen organizing. Although my shoulder is sore and stiff this morning, I think I slept on it. But I need to get my fall and winter season organized, it always makes me feel better.

Cottage Thanks for starting us up this morning, do you ever get the feeling that we wait for you. I have to take my girls shopping this week end, I am not looking forward to it at all. Enjoy your day with your wee ones and family.

Femme enjoy your day of fun, sounds just like mine.

Belle- Good morning, hope you get some writing done. Good luck on the second interview, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Loriann- your puppy adventures are sound like fun. :wink: glad it is you and not me.

Me- I am back on the beach today, and feeling like a beached whale, my tickerr is lying but I can bring myself to put it to the correct weight. So I am going to organize the kitchen and make my menu plan and do all my prep work for the week. Enough is enough. I need a good butt kicking.

Last edited by little chick; 08-19-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #6  

Loriann, the pizza is going to be whole wheat with tons of veggies, no meat, and lf cheese. BUT, if I make the cobbler, it has to be made with sugar since Monica and the girls won't eat sugar substitutes. I decided to just serve the peaches sliced over ice cream. SF ice cream for me, of course.
Good luck with the interview this afternoon, and congratulations on your new doggie.

Belle Mer, I'm glad you all didn't get blasted by that storm! Have a nice, productive day.

Cat, your day sounds a lot like mine, I hope something fun happens in your day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning, LC! Have fun school shopping this week! Cindy had me go through Audrey & Maggie's clothes yesterday to see what they need. I have a sneaking feeling that I'll be the one to shop for them since she's been so busy. Sigh...........................

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-19-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5'11

Good morning all! Actually GREAT morning! I weighed in today and have officially lost 20 lbs. since the start of SBD. It's a great feeling and certainly helps the motivation factor. My daughter's oral surgery went fabulously yesterday and she was back to her old self by evening. I spent the day on the couch holding her, so didn't get a workout in but it was well worth it.

COTTAGE- Peach cobbler.... I am so jealous lol

FEMME - Have a nice Tuesday!

BELLE - Good luck on your writings!

LORIANN- Good luck on the second interview! Crossing fingers for you!

LITTLE - Have a great time doing prep work and getting back on track!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, I knew better than to think you'd go all out! But I had to josh you!

I need to revamp. I haven't been eating as often as I should, maybe two meals a day, if I'm lucky. So, off to the kitchen to make egg muffins! I hope to have a chance to make my taco bake tonight.

OK< I'llk go after the pups stop playing ... Guiness is under my chair and Jade is next to it and they are puppy playing!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is 7 months old too late too change his name? Although all his paper work says "Guiness" I'm thinking of getting him used to something I chose and like. I just don't care for Guiness. I doubt I'd be able to change his name on his AKC paperwork though, something i need to look into.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-19-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Autumn- Congrats on the 20 pounds.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #10  
Determined to lose!

Thanks guys, I hope they will hire me!

ARGH, they told me he was potty trained! I went tot he bathroom and he had taken a dump in the hall! More work on my part! ARGH.

Why can't folks be upfront about what their dog that they want to rehome can and can't do?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:13 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Cottage have a good day and enjoy your cobbler.

Lori- sounds like new puppy just needs some work and no it is not too late to change his name. We did when we adopted a 1 year old and he did great with name change and good luck with job

AutumnRose- congratulations now for me to get motivated to get off maintaining.

BelleMar- good luck on getting lots of writing done.

LittleChick- enjoy the quiet time

Cat enjoy the work

Me work today but wfh so not too bad- it will be quiet since kids are in school just have to get them off to school, tonight is open house for DD2 so have to drag the school supplies in four bags worth yikes.

Have a great day today

Last edited by Pearlrose; 08-19-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I feel like the prodigal, coming back after being bad, bad, bad!

Cottage: I agree with LC! I think we all just wait for you in the morning! I don't think I'd want to hit the outlets today, either. I think your plan for the day sounds great. DH and I were talking about pizza last night...maybe I should put some WW pizza on the menu for next week. Do you make your own crust or buy it? I'm not sure I can find pre-made here.

Cat: Good morning! Sounds like a lot of work going on in LA this morning!! Hope its a productive and satisfying day for you!

BelleMer: I'm not doing anything as incredible as writing a book, but I know what you mean about the closets that need cleaning being a distraction. I find it hard to be productive when I'm surrounded by messes. Good luck getting some pages done!

Loriann: Congrats on your new pup! Sounds like he's a good fit for Jade, so I hope you can get him trained and used to things quickly. Good luck with your second interview!

LC: I'm with you in all departments. I need a good SB butt-kicking too! I'll be looking at some of my cookbooks throughout the week. We're in a bit of a slump. I hope your shoulder feels better. Happy organizing!

AutumnRose: Congrats on your 20 lb loss! What a great accomplishment! I'm glad your DD's surgery went well. Hope the recovery is quick!

Me: My goodness gracious, I have fallen off the beach! Last week in Austin, the eating wasn't that bad, but not great and I didn't get a single workout in. Thankfully, I didn't gain and may have actually had a loss as my Sunday weigh-in may have included a bit of monthly water-weight. I consider myself to be on D1, P2 today and I'll just have to see how that goes.

DH and I are going to the coast next weekend to visit his mom and his dad, two weeks later I go back to Austin for another class, three weeks after that, I have my South County inspections (that is the WORST), then the baby shower two weeks after that and then its NOVEMBER! AUGH! All this traveling is fun, and I definitely love shopping in Austin, but its SO hard to stay OP when we're on the road. I've just got to buckle down and be creative. (No refrigerators or microwaves in any of our hotels...sigh.)

Well, I've got to go buy a cake for one of the girls' birthdays at work. I asked if I could bring a fruit salad instead and they all got ticked off at me. Oh well, at least I don't have to eat it.

~Kim
Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 228/224/130

Height: 5 ft 2 in

Post Good Morning!

I was released to go back to work. So...wish me luck and lots of energy. The doc says I am going to be really tired.

It's quiche again for breakfast and grilled chicken salad for lunch.

Chat with you all tonite.

Theresa
Old 08-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #14  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Good morning everyone...

Cottagebythesea, have fun with tonight's dinner with your daughter (or daughter-in-law, I'm not actually sure) and granddaughters. Have you ever tried sneaking in some splenda with cobblers before to see if they notice? I made SBD PB cookies and my BF never knew the difference and he absolutely refuses to eat things with sugar subs. I wish the places around me would serve whole wheat pizza!

Femmecreole, have fun at work. You are teaching now right? How is that going?

Belle Mer, are you a writer? Good luck with your writing today. Those closets can wait. I say this everyday and then it turns out to be months later and still the same mess... heh heh.

Loriann, the new puppy sounds like a bundle of fun! At first when you said "Jade" I thought you meant a child, but then realized you probably meant the adorable black dog in your avatar? She is precious. I'm sure he can be retrained to come to a new name. We once got a golden retriever from a german lady, the dog's name was Failte, 'welcome' in German (.....why would ANYBODY name their dog "welcome"? Weird) We should have changed her name but we didn't. You still have the chance. Enjoy the pups!

Little Chick, good luck going back on ph 1 (or is it 2?) Hope you will join us phase oners on the phase one chick thread.

Autumn Rose, what a great achievement on the loss! Also, glad to hear your daughter's surgery went well.

PearlRose, have fun at open house tonight! Open house used to fill me with dread.. "oh no, it's that time again!" Now I have my son's open house to look forward to, which will still be a few years.

Kimstar, don't worry, I'm sure you'll get right back on the wagon and do just great.

Lotstolooze, congrats on going back to work, hope that you don't feel too tired! Mm, quiche for breakfast, I definitely need to do that sometime. Great idea. I hope you are going remember to get your snacks in, though! I like to have celery and hummus or a small serving of nuts is quick and easy.

Me: I ran out of eggs, forget to get more yesterday, and had to think quick! So I cooked 3 slices of turkey bacon and improvised a "BLT ranch" salad for breakfast: lettuce, tomato, chopped green pepper, chopped cucumber, peppercorn ranch dressing, and of course the bacon crumbled all over the top. Yum! I'm still hungry though, so I'll get in some dairy and drink a cup of FF milk.

My orphaned black kittens have grown healthy and strong and just adorable... I feel a sense of accomplishment... and attachment... they're my babies now.

Now I'm debating on what to have for lunch since I had salad for breakfast and already used up my ranch dressing allowance for the day. Maybe some quick chicken and broccoli stirfry with peanuts thrown on top, yum, that sounds promising.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #15  

Lots of chattering going on in here this morning!

Melanie, even though the claims are that Splenda is safe for everyone, I won't feed it to children, and my daughter actually gets headaches from it. I would never sneak it in without letting people know. I know others get a bad reaction to it, too.

Kim, I can buy 100% ww dough at Wegman's and Trader Joe's, and they're both pretty good. I sometimes make my own, but time is a big factor in that. I'm sending you some will-power to avoid that cake today!

to everyone I've missed and those of you to come!
Closed Thread