Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #1  

Default I can't do this anymore

I've had enough. I'm sick of killing myself with binge eating/ emotional eating/ overeating.......

My compulsive eating is the one thing holding me back.
I am getting on my knees tonight and praying!
I'm so tired of my self destruction. This disease is insane.

I'm so glad I found this forum

Thanks
Andrea
pearlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'7

I know how you feel. I can't count the number of times I've thrown away all my hard work in the gym just for empty calories, and then ended up gaining weight. I think what I'm going to do it write a short letter to myself telling me why I shouldn't just give in to stupid and destructive craving, and how I'm doing so well and I shouldn't just throw it away. Then when I read it, I can realize that what I'm trying to do is more important than a craving for chocolate or whatever. I'd recommend you to do the same, or something similar that would work for you.

So I see you're a new member too. I just found reading this forum was giving me amazing inspiration, to see so many people reach their goals.
Fatter Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hey ladies,
I am so itching to binge right now. I really hate it too. I wish I didn't have this problem. I so badly want to eat everything in the house. I'm the worst right before my period, so I can't wait for it to come. I'm actually thinking that maybe I should go on some birth control that will give me a period only every few months. Is that crazy? I think it's so important for me to hang on to normalcy because once I let go....I devour thousands of calories. Then, there's the dreaded guilt. The guilt is so bad that it makes me wanna give up completely. I know this problem is all in my head and that's why it's so hard to fix. Right now, I'm chewing the heck out of my gum! Wish me luck. I sure do need it to survive this night.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #4  

Don't give in, lucky! I know all too well how easy it is to chow down on a pile of food. Just realize that it's all in your head, and it's more your eyes and mouth wanting the physically act of eating than your stomach.

Drink a glass of water, put on some music and dance around and take your mind off of it. Or look at a beginner picture of yourself and tell yourself that you've come too far to give in now.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Thanks fitter! I'm doing my best. I wish I could dance around, but I have a horrible foot injury, which is part of what's making this whole thing so hard. But, I'm not kidding, just knowing that you read my post and you're out there cheering me on makes me realize that I cannot do this to myself. Thanks so much for your support and encouragement. HUGS.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:24 AM   #6  

Oh man, that sucks about the injury! If you can't dance around, just watch a funny clip from a movie or something. Basically anything to take your mind off of food. And we might as well help each other out since we're all striving for the same thing.

Plus you're so close to your goal weight. That's so amazing. Congrats.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #7  

The power of this diesease is overwhelming at times but HP has more power. I hope you have found your HP and call on him/her for help.

Are you going to OA meetings, if not I suggest you find one in your area and go to the next meeting. If none in the area do on-line or telephone meetings they can be found at oa.org.

Do you have a sponsor? That would be the next thing to do is find a person who has what you want and ask them to be your sponsor. Have a sponsor guide you through the 12 steps. Get OA literature and read it. Get a AA Big Book and just insert complusive over eating for the acoholic and you will see we fit right in.

Make a food plan and stay with it. Use all the tools avaiable and keep posting and talking to other OA members.

I pray you all made it through and if there's anyway I can help please let me know.

patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi There,
Pat is right and gives good advice.
Go online and look up "Complusive Overeating" wikipedia has the best difinition. We have a desease, an illness and we have tried everything known to control our desease. The funny part is we are powerless to control it.
Join Overeaters Anonymous, work the program and your cravings will stop I promise! because it is one of the promises.
Move into action, keep posting and attending meetings and definitely get a Sponsor.
Best of luck,
Magic Flute
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote