Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #1  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Exclamation Ultra Lean Green Tea

So I just came by a website where a girl was raving about this tea... and gave the link, it kind of seemed like a scam but there is a free trial where you just pay shipping for the first 30 days. You know I'm always up for something that is suppose to help control appetite especially in a healthy form (tea) so I started checking 3FC Does it really work section to see if any of you have tried. I couldn't find anyone here who has... so I started looking online and found this website full of complaints!

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...ea-c80059.html

Here is the tea website

http://ultralean2.secureonlineorder1...ateid=3207-co4

Definitley sounds like another scam to me!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

IMHO,

Any diet product that is tea related is a scam. They may concentrate tea and put them in pill form but you probably aren't getting any of the benefits of tea. Also, they may sell tea at 10x (or more) expensive than you could find the same stuff in the store.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Jillnicole,

I don't know about that tea, but something that has always helped me stave off hunger is peppermint tea. I love it because there is no artificial flavoring. Just dried peppermint leaves. I can drink it at night too because there is no caffeine.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

mama... mmm peppermint tea sounds really good!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Weeellllll, anything telling you you have to order in the next 5 minutes - I would never take for legitimate.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #6  

Smile Ultra Lean Green Tea

I got the Ultra Lean Green tea last week and I lost 2-3 pounds since so its not a scam, and if $70 is too much, when you call to cancel your trial and tell them you love the tea but cant afford to pay $70 they will give you 50% discount. So now I pay $34/mo instead of $70 (they also gave me a first month free)
szubia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

Hmmm, I still think $34/mo is a lot to pay for tea.
I'll have to go back and look - do they say anywhere on the website the part about being automatically signed up for the future deliveries? I also forgot to look for the standard disclaimer "when used in combination with sensible diet and exercise".

I could say the same thing about my regular old, garden variety Chinese green tea - I combined it with a sensible diet and exercise program and lost 50 lbs. It's a miracle breakthrough!
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 8"

They do give all the rules if you click the little tiny "terms and conditions" link at the bottom of the page. They also say that if you are not 100% satisfied, you can return any unused product within 30 days for a refund - same sentence they say "Satisfaction Guarantee Optimum benefits are most often realized with at least 90 days of continued use" .

I didn't see anywhere about the sensible diet and exercise program though but they claim "instant healthy weight loss" but then in their comparison chart at the bottom of the page, so does "typical green tea".

My personal conclusion - if you want an overpriced concoction to make yourself feel pampered, it probably won't hurt you. If your primary goal is boosting metabolizm and getting antioxidents, plain old (cheap) green tea and a good eating plan is going to do the same job.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Yeah I'd agree, go buy a box of $2 green tea or if you want, splurge on some nice whole leaf green tea. Its fairly cheap still and much cheaper than even $30/month for some powder. Although if you like, you can also buy green tea powder. I have some and it wasn't very expensive at all.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/209/170

Height: 5ft 7

You also need to be careful of any weight loss tea. Often that means that they are full of natural laxatives, and that is what makes them a weight loss tea. Laxatives will deffinately work in weight loss, but it has tons of long term affects on the body. So, just be careful. Regular green tea is great, weight loss green tea will just help your bowels A LOT.
erinmagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

They charge you even if they say its a free trial .. and when you try and call them to return the item they hardly ever answer! i was also considering trying this but thank god i did my research.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote