Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #1  
carinna

Cool What do you listen to when you work out?

I usually bring my ipod with me when I run, and I have lots of great up-beat music on there to keep me motivated. But right now I'd have to say my favorite song on there is Stronger by Kanye West.

How about you? What gets you moving?
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Yes! Stronger is great to get me going too. I also like: no one like you by the Scorpions ( I like some 80's music), Try Again (by Alija from Romeo Must Die movie), November Rain (Guns n Roses), Fergalicious & Glamorous, Low by Flow Rida (Not sure if I got the name right), Creep by Radiohead, etc....
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I listen to alot of hard rock and metal Like Nightwish, Korn,Disturbed,Xandria, Three days grace.. .etc..

One of my faves on cardio is Drowning pool, Bodies. That just pumps me up lol... Oh an Dropkick Murphy's ROcky Road to Dublin.. fast pace
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #4  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I listen to a lot of rock, like Chevelle, 3 Doors Down, Trapt, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace- it gets me pumped, especially when I run.
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #5  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsgurl0531 View Post
One of my faves on cardio is Drowning pool, Bodies. That just pumps me up lol
Great choice and I'd have to agree with you on this song choice to get the blood pumpin'.
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/238/170

Height: 5'5

I went through a really bad break up, and my current empowering female dancey song that I LOVE to dance around to when I exercise is called "Beware of the Dog" by Jamelia. It's fantastic, haha!
azraelya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #7  
Always The Funny One

S/C/G: 233/233/165

Height: 5'7"

Ghostland Observatory is funky .... and i mean... funky but awesome!

... if you youtube the video "vibrate" it'll get you moving! whenever i'm on the treadmill pushing the last few minutes, i always think of the video and try to dance to it in my head.
NattieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'7

I actually love Britney Spears's new album. More than 50% of the songs are upbeat dance songs so they get me moving. Also on the elliptical I listen to the theme song from Buffy (lame, I know) and so for one play-through I go as fast as I can, and then I go slower for one or two play-throughs (depends) til my heart rate goes down. Then I go fast again.
Fatter Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I like running to "I bet you look good on the dance floor" Arctic Monkeys, "banquet" Bloc Party, Interpol, LCD Soundsystem, The Rapture, Scissor Sisters, She Wants Revenge, and TV on the Radio.

I love to cool down with Goldfrapp or New Order.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #10  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Right now I'm obssessed with a leaked Lily Allen song called "Guess Who Batman (F*** You Very Much)."

The music is pure, sugary pop fun, but the lyrics are in stark contrast. Love it!

Another new addition to my iPod is:

"Maneater" - Nelly Furtado

I can picture myself strutting around like a supermodel when I hear that song. It gives me some inspiration when I'm chugging along on my treadmill

Last edited by Apple Cheeks; 08-19-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #11  
No description available.

I'm kind of clueless when it comes to music and my iPod has everything from Guns & Roses to Miley Cyrus, reflecting the tastes of DH and DD 1 & 2, but my favorite work out song is Move Along by All American Rejects. I like that Kanye West song, too, and most of the music from High School Musical 1 and 2 (and yes I just put Kanye West and HSM in the same sentence!)....what can I say? I also really like Pink's You and Your Hand song. KT Tunstull figures prominently and I like the Highway Man song by...eeks....McKenna?--it is the adaptation of the famous poem and it is about 10 minutes long---great for listening to on the Stepmill.

Last edited by midwife; 08-19-2008 at 06:19 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #12  
carinna

I really need to expand my collection to include more rock songs. I never really thought of working out to "Bodies" but now that I do I think it would be awesome!

Also, I really love how so many of you can take a song and use it to imagine yourself dancing or strutting your stuff. Music really is an amazing motivator, huh?
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/228/192

Height: 5'11-15/16"

Probably just about anything from the 80s. Beastie Boys is good.
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #14  
Lovin' Zumba!

I have songs for walking and songs for elliptical - they have to have the right beat for me. For walking I like stuff that you can dance to - Sexxy Back, Please Don't Stop the Music, I Like the Way You Move,... that sort of stuff.

For elliptical I stick to alternative rock that meets my beats per minute requirement - All-American Rejects, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte, some old-school stuff.

I've not updated my music in a while, but I think I use 120 bpm for walking and 140 bpm for elliptical.

Don't laugh, but I've also found that a lot of the faster Ricky Martin stuff is great for the elliptical if you're in a Latin mood!
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 08-22-2008 at 12:21 PM.
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #15  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfL_Cat View Post
Don't laugh, but I've also found that a lot of the faster Ricky Martin stuff is great for the elliptical if you're in a Latin mood!
Definitely.

One of my favorite songs when I'm on my hamster wheel (the treadmill) is "The Cup of Life" by Ricky Martin!

When he sings "Do you really want it?" I will nod my head, and say "YEAH!" with the chorus of voices! ("Yeah!"--I really want to lose weight and be fit!)

Because, naturally, he made this song just for me to inpire me to keep going and be healthy.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote