Old 08-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default I bought a bar of chocolate - and only ate half!

This has never happened to me in all my 53 years!

Fitday says I could be eating 1750 a day, and, while that seems a lot, I've been averaging around 1700 and lost 10lbs in 15 days, which ain't all water, so maybe they're right!

Anyhoo, being a bit low on calories today, I thought I'd have a treat and buy myself a bar of chocolate. It comes in 100g bars. Just chocolate, not too sweet. That brought me to just under 1700, which felt a bit close to the wind, just in case that 1700 wasn't too exact.

So first of all I halved the potatoes I was having with my meal, to give me some calorie space. Then I went and debated with this bar of chocolate - now in the freezer for 2 hours, cold chocolate lasts longer. I had space for the whole bar - but it seemed a bit piggy. I stood there a good 5 minutes, going 'will I? won't I?' - then decided to take half and save half, with the promise to myself that if I really wanted the other half I'd come back for it.

If I'd brought the whole bar out, I'd have eaten the whole bar. Somehow I'm still not good at leaving food I can see. but because although it was only half a bar I brought, I put it on a plate, and then ate the whole amount that I could see. Did I go back for the second half? NONONONONONONO!!!!! I have never done that in my life! Maybe this time I'm learning!

Last edited by Rosinante; 08-16-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #2  
No description available.

I love the image of you debating with the bar of chocolate! Congrats on working chocolate into your day and doing so in a controlled, planned manner!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #3  

Great job!!

I'm still amazed at the "tricks" we'll play with ourselves. You are a better person than me, that 1/2 a candy ball would be screaming my name from the freezer to "come back, you forgot something" and I would then walk it through the peanut butter on the way to my mouth!!

You did a great job -- you know it's there if you want it.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #4  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Whatever floats your boat! WTG...I know that these achievements are a huge deal..Try telling a "normal" person that you only ate half a chocolate bar, while dancing a jig and contemplating renting the screen on Times Square to proclaim this fact, and they will think you belong in a place where chocolate is the least of your worries..but..WE GET IT HERE! WTG KUDOS
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Fantastic! I believe that no foods should be forbidden, the trick is to learn how to eat them mindfully and in moderation. You succeeded on every count! I hope you enjoyed every minute...and that when you are ready you enjoy the second half as well.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

This is such progress! Wonderful! I am so happy that you were able to be the 'boss' of your treat and not the treat be the boss of you!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

That is awesome! I was drooling while watching my friend eat a Snickers bar the other day, and was amazed at his ability to eat half, wrap the rest up, and put it away! I'll be there someday, but you should give yourself a pat on the back for already being there!

Way to go!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

Congrats! Hopefully I can get enough strength to resist chocolate.
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Way to go! Lately I have been craving chocolate... I just went to the grocery store today, and I didn't give in! Just goes to show how strong you really are when you do not let temptations get you!
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote