Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #1  
Slow but steady...

S/C/G: 192/166.4/165

Height: 5'7"

Red face 3 year old jeans-- mental size validation issues.

I am really hoping that I am down at least another 2 lbs tomorrow, on weigh in day for me. Historically speaking, I should be, as the last time I weighed in, it was 2 weeks ago, and that was right before my TOM. So, then, next week, I'd be down another 1-2 lbs more-- Because I'm getting closer and closer to goal, its coming off more slowly-- which is very normal and typical. So, my intial goal is 165. I anticipate that on my wedding day, I will be within 2-4 lbs of that-- and that, I am really proud of! Then, once I get to 165, I will reassess and see if I want to do 5 lb more. But here is the thing-- I might not want/need to-- cause right now, I am pretty muscular. So I am sort of thinking that I might look great at 165, as long as I am muscular. For instance-- my co-worker who does crew-- she knows the weight of all the women on her team-- she has one friend who is my height, and weighs 166, but, the woman wears a size 6-- this is because she is all muscle. Now, I have NO DELUSIONS of being a size 6-- I am not on a crew team, hello? But, maybe I could be a 8 to 10 at that, or at least a 10-- and wow, I will be so happy.

Another side bar to this-- sorry its a long topic, but its been a pretty significant thing in my life lately-- weight loss issues-- ok, so, tomorrow, I hope I'm down 2 lbs, (as I said before), and then next week, down another 1-2. So, by next week, I could be down to 170-171. And I have this 'mental' thing about hitting 170-- which has to do with a pair of jeans I haven't fit into in 3 years. 3 years ago, I fit nicely into a size 10 cute bootcut jeans-- they are dark. I am sure I weighed less then when I fit into them-- I'd guess and say 165-- but, this was when I wasn't working out as hard, and wasn't doing weight training-- so, I'm wondering if I can fit into the same pair of pants 'well' at 170, due to muscles and fit factor. But, here is the thing-- I REFUSE to even try on the stupid pants until I hit 170-- because I figure, if they don't go on at 170, I could 'handle' knowing that they will at 165-- which, will take another 5-6 weeks to get into... but I just can't bear the thought of trying them on, and I can't even get them on over my butt-- do you know what I mean? nevermind zipping them up. But the butt part. I swear I have a point here...

So, ok, I am anticipating that tomorrow, I will 'officially' be down over 20 lbs. (AWEsOME). But here is the thing: I am STILL wearing the pants that I wore over 20 lbs ago-- granted, they are falling off of me-- like my 'stretch' jeans-- they are droopy in the butt and I can put them on and take them off without zipping and unbuttoning them-- a la easy access pants. when I was heavier, they 'fit'-- so, like yeah, my clothes are looking baggy/droopy-- and I feel kinda 'blah' in em-- cause ok, I don't think my weight loss is that noticible in them. But, I feel that if I can get into the size 10 jeans from 3 years go (see above) then I would feel really great about myself. I guess I am looking for some kinda size validation-- I am also wanting people at work to notice-- it is so weird-- like some people have noticed the weight loss-- like my friend who is going through same thing-- but like most people at work, haven't said a darn thing. Yet, when I was first starting to lose-- I think I had lost 8 lbs-- 3 people at work noticed-- but since then, no one has said anything. Another friend noticed at 14 lost. Other people noticed at my bridal shower-- at that point, I think I had lost 17 lbs. Or, maybe people were just being nice at my shower, I dunno. Anyway, my point is, I think I need some validation soon, in the form of officially smaller pants and/or pants that actually fit me. Its fine to 'get away with' pants that don't fall down on me-- as yeah, who the **** wants to spend money on 'in between' pants-- it would be one thing if I started out at 250 and I needed to buy 'inbetween' pants at 200, know what I mean? But I am so close now, I really want to fit into that size 10 that fit 3 years ago...
clibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Get rid of those droopy, too big pants. Get some pants that fit. You will look and feel sooooo much better. I bought my in between sizes at thrift stores such as Goodwill, Salvation Army or Savers. Consignment shops are another source.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I agree with bargoo. A coworker of mine has TONS of clothes. Well, guess what - she shops at Value Village and you would have never known. She has a rather "eclectic" taste and she looks very groovy in all her outfits - I wish I could pull it off - so Value Village is right up her alley. She has tons of jeans from there. I am tempted to try it myself but my problem is length - jeans with a 33" inseam are kinda hard to find there.

But, I would say try the old jeans when you are 170. Because otherwise you would never know how they fit. Your body has change, you are muscular now. If you wait till 160, it may "miss" them entirely - they may be too lose when you are 160.

Although I am kinda proud that right now I wearing a size 10 jeans, it means little. Another pair (a different brand) with exactly the same measurements may be tagged as size 12; one simply cannot rely on clothing to be sized consistently.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #4  
Slow but steady...

Thanks ladies!

I know what you mean about the sizes thing-- please-- even at my skinniest I'd vary from a 4 to an 8, and that was when I was 22 and too thin for my frame. Its just this mental thing I have with that 'specific' pair of jeans-- I feel I looked pretty great in them, so I'm really determined to get into those specifically.

They are also the jeans that I could wear when I first started dating my soon to be husband! I'll get there...
Old 08-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #5  
XXXtine

S/C/G: 279/230/180

Height: 5'10

I think you should wait til the 170 mark to try on the OLD 3 years jeans. Mostly because you set yourself up for that. If you try them now and they don't fit then you've already talked yourself into a tizzy. Just wait on that....

and in the mean time get two pairs of pants that can carry you until you go down another ten pounds. There will be lots of back to school sales. Grab some pants at old navy or something and you'll feel like a million bucks. Then when you are ready to go to the 170 3 year pants you will.

I recently did the same thing...I was too afraid to try on the next size down...clothes I've been hording for 3 years. I was afraid they wouldn't fit and I would freak out and ask the diet gods what the BLEEP BLEEP I was doing this for. Guess what? They fit. Maybe not perfectly but there was no camel toe . So don't sell yourself short.

Point I am making? Get some pants that fit and because you've set yourself up wait until the 170 with the 3 year pants. Stretchy or not your pants are droopy. Spandex only works when they are too tight! Not when they are too loose.

You GO!

Last edited by xxxtine; 08-14-2008 at 11:33 AM.
xxxtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #6  
Slow but steady...

I love you xxxine; you're awesome. you're right. you're all right.

I'll try em on at 170-- this way, I won't miss my 'window'-- who knows, maybe I could try em on next Friday! Or, the Friday after that...
Old 08-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

I know exactly where you are coming from - except the pair of jeans I'm hovering over and debating whether to try on yet are just a tad older than 3 years...... Um, I've been carting them around for 18 (heavy sigh) yeah, I said 18 years I wore them on my honeymoon then promptly outgrew them. (I actually also still have 2 pair of levi's from before I met DH that are even smaller - I think I was too thin then so don't have a delusions of getting back into those but somehow can't seem to part with them ).

Getting back into those jeans will be the ultimate validation of my success as far as I'm concerned. It's almost like, yeah, the number I have on my ticker is my "goal", but what I really want even more than that number is to be able to wear those jeans again.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #8  
Slow but steady...

HI yoyodieterinvegas--

I totally understand what you mean! I really do.

I love your tagline too: 'Pick your hard'-- so true. Now that I kinda 'see the light' at the end of the tunnel, I should be checking out the maintainence area-- a whole new challenge not that far away!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clibrarian View Post
HI yoyodieterinvegas--Now that I kinda 'see the light' at the end of the tunnel, I should be checking out the maintainence area-- a whole new challenge not that far away!!!
Oh my yes, you should definitely check out the Maintainer's forums. I am quite the shameless lurker over there Those ladies are amazing and I draw soooo much inspiration and motivation from them.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #10  
Slow but steady...

Well, guess what? I am down to 170.6 today-- so, I put on those jeans-- and guess what? They FIT. They fit with 2 other pairs I forgot about too. But oddly enough, I don't really like them that much anymore-- they are 'bootcut' but man, they are really 'bootcut'-- like borderline bellbottom... so maybe I could go shopping for a different leg type of jean. I am pretty happy today. HOORAY
Old 08-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #11  

Woo-Hooo!! Yay for you! (she says with only the slightest tinge of jealousy )
Old 08-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Talking

:: pumping fist in the air ::

Fantastic!!!
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote