Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default ACK! SNUG alert!

So I go to put on a pair of pants today i haven't worn in weeks, and noticed a certain snugness across the ***-end!!!

Sure enough, UP 4 lbs NOT COOL

sigh.... 3 weeks at a cottage will do that to a person! damnation!

Now I'm curious tho - NOW I'm all over those 4 pounds and then some, getting them off my bum so my pants get loosey-goosey again.... BUT over the course of 15 years I gained 100 lbs., why didn't i NOTICE THEN that I had to buy bigggger and biggggggger pants??!??

Ergh, I could go back in time and SHAKE that girl!!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Good question, but I don't know the answer to it either..... I never noticed it either.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #3  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I hear ya--- summer vacations are killer--- I'm up three pounds from my week camping in the mountains...

Nothing warms you up from the cold and the rain like a box of Hostess cupcakes, hmmm? ARGH!

Time to get back on track! We can do this!

(Have I ever told you that you remind me sooooo much of my mother?? I want her to read your passages b/c you both started off around the same point in your lives and in your journey... and you look kinda similar too!)

Last edited by BrandNewJen; 08-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

MOTHER??? ack!!! tell me you're only 18 years old !!! hahahahahaha

j/k

tell mom I said hi!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Oh man, I hear you, but I *noticed.* I hated it. I just procrastinated. For years. And years and years. And more years. I'm really good at it .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/255/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
So I go to put on a pair of pants today i haven't worn in weeks, and noticed a certain snugness across the ***-end!!!

Now I'm curious tho - NOW I'm all over those 4 pounds and then some, getting them off my bum so my pants get loosey-goosey again.... BUT over the course of 15 years I gained 100 lbs., why didn't i NOTICE THEN that I had to buy bigggger and biggggggger pants??!??

First I love the way you write, it makes me smile...similar to having a cup of coffee with you and just "hearing" it not reading it. I think it is an amazing testament to how far you have come that the snugness does catch your attention now. I am not quite at that point, but am working it the best I can. Thank you for the reality check and the smile. Have a great day.

amy
opimisticchick72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #7  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

This made me laugh because I've thought the EXACT same thing in the past! I'm so intuned to every minor weight change in my body now that I notice when clothes look and feel tighter immediately. My theory is that when I was 264lbs, I was gaining steadily -- around 10 lbs a year -- but since it was stretched out over a whole year, i would only notice my pants were snug after a season of not wearing them and then, I think, I would USUALLY justify getting new pants with wanting something more in style/in season, so I didnt even have to consider "Geez... I'm fatter than i was before the summer, aren't I?"

Also, back then, I would eat like a bandit but in my mind, I ate healthy and I didn't snack much and I honestly chalked my fatness up to bad genes, bad luck, bad biochemistry, whatever. So, was in some pretty serious denial.

Also: I was the same size in tops for years even as my pants size got a bigger and bigger, since I tend to put on more weight around my hips and abdomen, so I guess that "proved" to me that I wasn't getting any fatter, even though a comparison of my weight taken by my doctor each year pretty much proved I was steadily gaining around 10lbs a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post

Last edited by KLK; 08-13-2008 at 10:50 AM.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I would notice, and yet not notice. Or maybe it was notice and ignore. Ignorance is bliss right??

The key now is to nip it in the bud before those few pounds invite their friends!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #9  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Trazey at least you are nipping in the bud now. In my case it was complete denial when I would go up in size. Sad to say I didn't care either. I gained seven pounds the last 4 months and noticed my pants were tighter. That's when I woke up and started over. I feel so much better now too.

To anyone who has struggled recently I feel your pain. We can do this!!!!
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Urgh this is the reason I am dreading visting my mum this weekend for a month!! I am bringing exercise clothes and dvds.. I just hope I can say no to the junk food.
*crosses fingers*
I am only bringing my small jeans with me so if I do gain some I will notice right away.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

It is good that you caught it now! Those 4 lbs will be so much easier losing now than a year or more from now!
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240.8/235.2/130

Height: 5'4"

I blamed 80 lbs of snugness on the dryer shrinking my clothes...Denial, I am your queen....
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #13  
It's all about the fluff.

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

In retrospect, I think it was so easy for me because it was just one size. "Just one size", I'd think to myself - that'll be easy enough to take care of...I'll put that on my list for next week.

Yeah, right. I have a drawer full of those danged "to do" lists ...*sighs*
everanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/248/150

Height: 5'2 1/2"

Hi --

I know what you mean what I found really amazing was I still was in the same pants even after I lost the first 25 lbs -- I can't imagine what they looked like when I was wearing them in the beginning-- I have lost around 52 lbs and nobody has really noticed --

I think that is just as weird because I have even bought new clothes in smaller sizes???

Jenni
jennisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

These past few months I just let go. Some months prior I managed to lose around 40lbs. After gaining the majority back and feeling the difference in my pants size(more snug) I knew I had to do something. I have to maintain it now. I guess we just don't pay attention at times. I know I don't. =/
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote